What did you guys think of Future State?

What did you think of DC's Future State?

• Loved it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm neither here nor there about it

• Hated it!

• Total voters

mqt

So I just wrapped up Future State this week (obviously excluding the Mar. 30 Superman vs. Imperious Lex issue) and I wanted to get a sense of what other people thought.
This was my first time reading a comic event (if we can call it that) and it was a real mixed bag for me.

Feel free to check out my thoughts here: https://www.myquicktakes.com/category/comics/

The Next Batman 3.5/5
Harley Quinn 3.5/5
Dark Detective 3.5/5
Robin Eternal 4/5
Catwoman 3.5/5
Nightwing 3/5
Batman/Superman 3.5/5
Kara Zor El, Superwoman 2.5/5
Superman of Metropolis 3.5/5
Superman: Worlds of War 3/5
Superman/Wonder Woman 2/5
Superman: House of El 2/5
Justice League 4/5
Aquaman 4/5
The Flash 3/5
Green Lantern 3.5/5
Immortal Wonder Woman 4/5
Legion of Super-Heroes 1/5
Teen Titans 3/5 Shazam 4/5
Suicide Squad 3/5
Swamp Thing 3/5
Wonder Woman 3/5

Last edited:
It was okay. Making Batman black just because its close to Feb isn't cool though. If they made him black permanently I would stop reading Batman. The idea of the comic was cool though.

El flyboy, I completely agree with you on that. DC would have to be insane to permanently replace Bruce Wayne with Jace Fox. Batman is too big of a franchise for them to mess with. They'll lose a lot of fans if they ever did that. Instead, I think they'll just reset everything after they're done with this experiment.

El flyboy, I completely agree with you on that. DC would have to be insane to permanently replace Bruce Wayne with Jace Fox. Batman is too big of a franchise for them to mess with. They'll lose a lot of fans if they ever did that. Instead, I think they'll just reset everything after they're done with this experiment.
It looks that way as they have moved back into vol 3 with issue 106. I dont want to come off as a racist or anything but Batman is my all time favorite. I'm not a big Marvel fan as their work seems often aimed at a younger audience. I feel they ruin the credability of their characters through movies especially. I hope they leave Batman as is. Batman really brings out the emotions and thoughts of their characters in a way most other comics do not. I liked in the first issue of vol 3 when he thought he was going to die, it appeared Alfred was more a father to Bruce than anything. Then in issue 77 Alfred is murdered by Bane which really brought a depressing feeling to the reader. Thanks for your reply.

You don't come off as racist. I think race/gender bending characters can be cool sometimes. But a lot of times, it just comes across as some corporate diversity requirement. I think it all depends on how it's done.

Latest posts

Back