what do you think the big climatic battle at the end of the year will be?

a fan

Joe Quesada said that there would be a "big climatic battle at the end of 2006." Bendis denied working on ultimate invasion. So what will the "big climatic battle at the end of 2006" be if there won't be any ultimate invasion?

a fan said:
Joe Quesada said that there would be a "big climatic battle at the end of 2006." Bendis denied working on ultimate invasion. So what will the "big climatic battle at the end of 2006" be if there won't be any ultimate invasion?
I'm fairly certain that it will be somehow related to the crossover with Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme.

Everyone is killed off by crappy rip offs of normal marvel heroes/villans ....... No wait that was the game Marvel nemisis rise of the imprefects.

but seriously I say 90-98% of useless boring charrecters will be killed of and others like spider=m,an , hulk ect.... will get comics closer to when it first started.

a fan said:

It will be Ultimate Invasion; whether or not the decide to actually call it Ultimate Invasion remains to be seen.

Might have to do with Hulk returning? or is he due back in Civil War?

Ok Whoops is this in Ultimate Universe..... My Bad

Last edited:
Captain America tells Rosie O'Donnell that she's being kicked off the view...

There are few survivors.

ProjectX2 said:
The Liberators vs. America.

Yeah. Ultimates #12 is going to be the big year-end battle. :lol:

That's an interesting possibility though. The writers for the other lines have said they're going to deal with how the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spidey deal with the invasion of the Liberators, but I'm sure they already have pretty tight plans for their own story arcs.

Maybe there will be a limited series (maybe one or two issues for each line) dealing with the other Ultimate characters in the wake of the Liberators?

Last edited:
Is Ultimate Invasion going to be about Namor and Atlantis, or The Liberators invading America? :shock:

I think a climatic battle might be when The Ultimates realise that all of this has been for cake.

ProjectX2 said:
Is Ultimate Invasion going to be about Namor and Atlantis, or The Liberators invading America? :shock:

I think a climatic battle might be when The Ultimates realise that all of this has been for cake.

It hasn't been announced, but I think there are a few possibilities.

- It could focus around Namor, and potentially an invasion of the surface world by Atlantis. If they go this route, it's also possible it could go back in time and clear up some issues about the Ultimate U in WWII. Stories surrounding The Invaders tie the histories of Namor, Cap, and the Human Torch together in 616 continuity.

- It could deal either with the invasion of the Liberators. It could either focus on the other heroes of the UU dealing with the attacks, or could be about the UU cleaning up the fallout that resulted from it.

- It could be something along the lines of Ultimate Kree/Skrull War, clearing up some of the issues with alien races in the UU.

On Newsarama, Brandon Peterson talks about a miniseries he's working on that's supposed to start launch in November and serves as sort of a counterpoint to Ultimate Extinction. Here's some clips.

So, I got that all started, I did commission lists, and s"tarted on the next project, even though it hasn't been announced yet, even though I know they're looking at a November launch. It's an Ultimate miniseries, and if you liked Ultimate Extinction, it's right in that same vein – almost a counterpart to what happened in that storyline. I've done some work on it already, and I can tell you that it's going to be written by Mike Carey, and I've got the first three plots already. So – and I'm saying this on the record, if it's late, it's my fault."

"That's a five issue thing, and it will take me up to about the end of the year. Afterwards, there's been talk, but the Ultimate project will carry me through for a while. I started it in June, and it's just great – it's sci-fi with horror elements, and graphically, I'm having a ball. I'm trying some new storytelling techniques, and I want to keep the cinematic feel of Ultimate Extinction there, but still keep some fun design elements."

Latest posts

Back