What happened to the black Superman and Supergirl of Earth-D?

Now, I have to ask, is the kingdom books in continuity or is it an elseworlds? cuz i read wiki explanation and i guess the heroes from our time help the kingdom counterparts?

Pre-Infinite Crisis Kingdom and Kingdom Come was elseworld. Now we don't really know but some things (images of upcoming stories and the like) indicate that they might have become in-continuity somehow.

Last edited:
Now, I have to ask, is the kingdom books in continuity or is it an elseworlds? cuz i read wiki explanation and i guess the heroes from our time help the kingdom counterparts?

Its an Elseworlds thats a possible future of the current DCU. THere was a series of one shots called The Kingdom where the Kingdom Come heros traveled back in time to stop Gog from killing Superman on every day he ever lived, but since meeting these future versions has never been mentioned (to my knowledge) and the main concept introduced in the mini, Hypertime, was rarely used I think it'd be safe to concided that an Elseworld as well. Of course with the reintroduction of the Multiverse these characters and events can easily be reconciled with the current DCU.

And the Black Superman did pop up in Animal Man. :D

Earth-D was written out of continuity following the Crisis on Infinite Earths. Now, however, following the revelation that
the Multiverse is back, per the secret of 52
, it may also spell the return of these two.

Also the next 52 cover, is that red tornado with a bunch of cogs(?) that look like multiple earths or is that someone else?

Pre-Infinite Crisis Kingdom and Kingdom Come was elseworld. Now we don't really know but some things (images of upcoming stories and the like) indicate that they might have become in-continuity somehow.

Is that due in part to the fact that Superboy-Prime altered reality by punching through the walls of reality, in Infinite Crisis: Secret Files (2006)?

Were they house negroes or field negroes?

The Legion of Super-Heroes clubhouse is actually a black teammate named Frotress Lad that was able to transform into, well, a fortress I guess, and who got stuck in that form.

I've heard more than one joke about this character being called "House Boy."

The concept of using Kingdom Come as a potential dystopian future that may or may not come to pass as a storytelling tool for the DCU reminds me of the pitch Alan Moore made for a DC crossover called, "Twilight of the Superheroes".

So... it looks like they guys in charge of DC have begun using the principles Alan Moore had ready to use twenty one years ago.

The concept of using Kingdom Come as a potential dystopian future that may or may not come to pass as a storytelling tool for the DCU reminds me of the pitch Alan Moore made for a DC crossover called, "Twilight of the Superheroes".

So... it looks like they guys in charge of DC have begun using the principles Alan Moore had ready to use twenty one years ago.

Yeah, I heard the writers of Kingdom and Kingdom come had read the notes for TOTS but anything that seems to be from the notes is coincidental.

Why couldn't the black Superman and Black Supergirl come back as a result of what Superboy-Prime did?
Because they were persons from another reality. And all the realities other than the main one either got erased or implemented in the main one at the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths. The persons that was resurrected due to Superboy punching the reality wall was already established in the main universe and had died in it.

Twilight of the Superheroes and Kingdom Come, while both back on a near-dystopian future, are very different from each other. ToS is about the superheroes all joining three distinct "houses" and these houses are at war with each other while KC is more along the lines of the old superheroes versus the new murderous anti-heroes. If you tear it down, KC is classic comics versus Rob Liefeld. Even Alex Ross admits that.

I would like to see DC do ToS one of these days, though, with or without Moore.

I liked Twilight. Especially what it did to Doll Man and Plastic Man.

Latest posts

Back