What happens to MJ??

See, I think that one of the reasons 616 MJ worked well was because she wasn't created to be "the hero's girlfriend". That was what killed 616 Gwen. Ultimate MJ is kind of falling into that trap as well, and it's not good for her. Kitty is her own person--that's a definite point for her. I like them both, though, so I don't care who he ends up with.

Agreed with that, I fear someday that same thing may take out MJ. However, things are different nowadays, fans opinions actually hold some sway. ( usually )
Also another thing to remark is, that many writers and ppl at Marvel actually prefer 616 Gwen to MJ, so I'd like to think they wouldn't make the same mistake by killing off USM MJ.

Kitty is merely a modern incarnation of the Black Cat, so it inevitable that there would be mixed feelings on it.

Perhaps, but that has been written completely differently as well and even better, it is not forced. A natural progression of events.

So, after re-reading Issue 102, I am feeling very concerned about MJ's fate. Ock wants to really screw with Spidey right? well, I'm sure he knows Kaine's feelings will give him a picture how to really screw with Peter. What if this is some sick plot to get revenge on Peter? Turn Peter's first love into a monster, like what happened to Ock. Given the Parker luck, what are the chances of a happy ending?
A poster pointed out another forum that Peter's overwhelming guilt and MJ's ordeal would push them farther apart, I really don't want to see that.
Thoughts?

First off, I'm waiting until the end of the arc to judge the MJ thing. Giving her powers was at least something different to try, I'm waiting to see how it all plays out.

I wouldn't mind them killing off MJ, because she's kind of annoying in USM after the first few arcs. That's why I thought Peter/Kitty was a breath of fresh air.

First off, I'm waiting until the end of the arc to judge the MJ thing. Giving her powers was at least something different to try, I'm waiting to see how it all plays out.

I wouldn't mind them killing off MJ, because she's kind of annoying in USM after the first few arcs. That's why I thought Peter/Kitty was a breath of fresh air.
Blasphemy! They killed Gwen off and brought her back as a horrible monster. One close friend death is more than enough.

I agree she's pretty much what 616 gwen was back in the day

ARRGH, gosh this is sounding like Benids Board!!! We need some VVD And Houde, and maybe Bass. MJ should LIVE ****ers!

I never really saw the relationship as the heart of the book. It just seemed like part of the whole angsty high school crap everyone goes through, which is the overall "heart and soul" of the book.

Let Peter be single for a while. The guy is young and shouldn't be tied down.

MJ's gonna live

bendis isn't that stupid

i hope he remains single for awhile, oh wait bendis will probably force jessica jones and peter together, you know what pete should stay with MJ

Does anyone not remember the gun Fury has that took away Gwenage's powers that he made for Peter? I also think that's the real Gwen and not a clone. I am however thinking maybe Aunt May is a clone seeing as how she went on a date with Miles Warren at the end of the Deadpool arc.

MJ can die for all I care. This is the Ultimate Universe. There is no need to stick to just rehashing stories from 616 continuity in modern times. In fact, that defeats the purpose of Marvel creating the Ultimate Universe.

If MJ dies then we get to enjoy a Peter Parker/Spider-Man without the romantic entanglements (Kitty Pryde not included) for a while. No more defenseless, non-powered human girl holding him down. With Aunt May apparently weakened by a heart attack and mad at Peter for doing what he does, we even get that obstacle out of the way.

Sure, maybe that would "dehumanize" Spider-Man, but really... that's always been his major stumbling block... the whole "well what do I do when my enemies find out who I am and try to kill my family and friends". With MJ and Aunt May out of the way, he can embrace his inner bad-*** and do so in a way which can't compromise his personal life.

Sure, MJ has been an intergral part of 616 Spider-Man, but like I said, this is not 616 Marvel. This is something new and why not explore the character and what direction he would take if given a different path in life than the classic Parker/Spider-Man.

Let MJ die. Let Aunt May die. Let Peter Parker stand alone and on his own two feet and really explore the whole "With great power comes great responsibility" angle instead of half-assing it to protect his loved ones.

Latest posts

Back