What If? - Annihilation

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Yet another What If from Marvel.

This one tells the story of "what if the Annihilation Wave hit during Cap and Tony's final battle during Civil War.

IGN has the early preview art for this....

Here

I don't know. The art looks great. But "what if" stories irk the hell outta me. Plus I don't read Annihilation....so some of the stuff will be lost on me.

Meh. But if they're doing What If's of their big events now, then I think we can safely assume that Civil War image was for another What If?

I read Annihilation and enjoyed it, and this sounds like a very interesting idea.

Without spoiling anything major - the Annihilation wave was huge and massively powerful army, for lack of a better term, that basically tried to take over the universe. They were EXTREMELY proficient and efficient.

So what happens if that force hits Earth in the middle of the Civil War? How petty and small is the Civil War and registration crap in light of one the most powerful and destructive forces in the history of the galaxy?

I might actually pick this up.

Nope. I read in another article (Think it was Joe's Fridays) that the wave would have hit during the Civil War and everything would have changed.

Uh, what?

I meant that there's probably going to be another What If? Civil War, separate to this one, which was what that image was for.

Uh, what?

I meant that there's probably going to be another What If? Civil War, separate to this one, which was what that image was for.
OK. Now I am confused. EXACTLY what image? I assumed you meant one image from the ign link but I can tell you that ALL of them are from the Annihilation What If issue.

You are probably right about it being a separate What If for Civil War but I for one haven't seen any images from it.

OK. Now I am confused. EXACTLY what image? I assumed you meant one image from the ign link but I can tell you that ALL of them are from the Annihilation What If issue.

You are probably right about it being a separate What If for Civil War but I for one haven't seen any images from it.

Oh yeah, the image is on another IGN page. There's a thread for it somewhere here. I probably should have replied in that thread.

Here it is: http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9990

I'm interested in these What Ifs to see if the outcome is actually better than the proper outcome... :)

I like the idea of what if stories and this one's premise is a good one, I would not like a civil war what if cause I know that they would just make it so if cap won it would be the end of the world or something,questions like that should be left alone

Mico Sauyan is doing the art for this? (he's the guy that replaced Finch on Moon Knight)

i was going to get this anyway but thats awesome

I read Annihilation and enjoyed it, and this sounds like a very interesting idea.

Without spoiling anything major - the Annihilation wave was huge and massively powerful army, for lack of a better term, that basically tried to take over the universe. They were EXTREMELY proficient and efficient.

So what happens if that force hits Earth in the middle of the Civil War? How petty and small is the Civil War and registration crap in light of one the most powerful and destructive forces in the history of the galaxy?

I might actually pick this up.

This is why I'm excited for this.

Latest posts

Back