What is better at updating and reimagining characters: the UU or Marvel Movies?

The UU because the movies(Marvel Studio ones) require elements from the UU. The movies are a blending of elements from the two and better for it. The movies seem richer with the tied universe feel. This flows from the super-solider drive and the cameos as well.

The origins are dated and the UU are a godsend to writers scripting these movies.

The UU because the movies(Marvel Studio ones) require elements from the UU. The movies are a blending of elements from the two and better for it. The movies seem richer with the tied universe feel. This flows from the super-solider drive and the cameos as well.

The origins are dated and the UU are a godsend to writers scripting these movies.

Perhaps, but the movies were better at giving some characters like villains (Dr. Octopus and Obadiah Stane) more fleshed out characters, while in the UU, hardly nay of the characters are fleshed. Movie Abomniation is way better then Ultimate Abomination, for example.

Last edited:
I'm almost positive you already did this one.

That one got bogged in debates over semanatics because I compared universes and everyone got hung up on that term, so guess, I'm doing it again, only somewhat differently so people won't hung up on semanatics this time. I don't see the problem with that.

What is better at updating and reimagining characters: the UU or Marvel Movies?
The movies are giving us the best of both worlds and are the best overall. I say this even though I am a Fantastic Four fan and the Fantastic Four movie franchise falls short of what Iron Man, Spider-Man and X-Men fans are getting.

I seem to be one of not many people that really likes blue Tony (Ultimate Iron Man), but even I'll say that Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark is better. The only area where blue Tony is better is, he has an explanation for how he survives all those falls.

The nicer Betty Ross and the warmer romantic relationship with Bruce and the Hulk in the movie suits me better than the Ultimate Hulk, Ultimate Dr. Banner and Ultimate Betty Ross. Also, William Hurt rules as General Ross, and the movie Abomination is far better realized as a person.

Can we agree to say that blue tony no long exists? Can we agree it is either Ellis' computronium Tony or Millar's Tony? Pretty please? It is unfortunate that I snowed by Card's rep. Never again!

i seem to be one of not many people that really likes blue tony (ultimate iron man), but even i'll say that robert downey jr.'s tony stark is better. The only area where blue tony is better is, he has an explanation for how he survives all those falls.

nanomonkeys!!!!!

I'd say the Ultimate comics were better than the movies, and then the Ultimate comics got lazy and the movies caught up.

Latest posts

Back