What is the point of Wheel of Fortune?

a fan

I never understood what the point is of that show. Almost every other game show you need to have some level of knowledge to win like in Jeopardy. In Wheel of Fortune all you need to know is the alphabet or in other words no thinking is required. why is a show this dumb still on the air?

I never understood what the point is of that show. Almost every other game show you need to have some level of knowledge to win like in Jeopardy. In Wheel of Fortune all you need to know is the alphabet or in other words no thinking is required. why is a show this dumb still on the air?

Well it does require a bit of puzzle solving, and come one Hang man is an awesome game. Now look at Lingo, all you need to know is how to spell a five letter word

Wheel of Fortune takes a lot of thinking. You need to know a lot of phrases and names and things, you need to be able to figure them out with very few letters showing. And you need to do it fast, because you're playing against other people. You have to be able to reason out what letter to pick because you only get one wrong before it's someone else's turn and you might never get another chance.

P.S. Y--'-e n--s

Last edited:
Wheel of Fortune is great. It doesn't require Jeopardy-level intelligence but you do need to know how to spell, and it's astounding how many people can't do that.

But yes, it also requires puzzle-solving skills. It's a lot more than just random letter-guessing.

Has anyone seen it lately? The final round puzzles are IMPOSSIBLE anymore.

Wheel of Fortune is great. It doesn't require Jeopardy-level intelligence but you do need to know how to spell, and it's astounding how many people can't do that.

But yes, it also requires puzzle-solving skills. It's a lot more than just random letter-guessing.

I love Jeopardy. I'm nowhere near as good as the people actually on the show, but I'm way better than all my friends and family. Watching it with them makes me feel smart.

What pisses me off is when they reveal the puzzle and it clearly shouldn't be in the category they've said it was. That wasn't a thing its a god damned phrase. I think I'd go off on them right then and there...

What pisses me off is when they reveal the puzzle and it clearly shouldn't be in the category they've said it was. That wasn't a thing its a god damned phrase. I think I'd go off on them right then and there...
:lol:

I was gonna complain about that, but I didn't want the other members here to think I was being petty. :p

Glad to know somebody thinks along the same lines!

Latest posts

Back