What is YOUR Top 10 Comic Movies of the Decade?

Which of these comic movies is your #1 of the decade?

• X-Men

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spider-Man

• X2: X-Men United

• The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

• Hulk

• V for Vendetta

• Hellboy

• Ghost Rider

• Superman Returns

• Fantastic Four

• The Incredible Hulk

• The Spirit

• X-Men Origins: Wolverine

• Other

• Total voters

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
We've been seeing lists left and right, but what's your own personal list of the Top 10 Comic movies?

Use the poll to vote for your #1 only.

You can view the list here. If anyone does want to vote for say "Unbreakable" if you want to count it, you can vote as "Other." Please note that yes, there are many other comic movies that are not on this list. They all still count, of course.

Last edited:
It was a tough call for me, but I had to go with TDK. It was probably one of the best comic book movies ever made, and pretty close to perfection.

My close number 2 is Hellboy 2, but I can freely say that that was influenced by my love of Red and all things fae.

My Top 10:

10. Watchmen

9. Hellboy

8. Incredible Hulk

7. V for Vendetta

6. Batman Begins

5. X-Men

4. Spider-Man 2

3. X-2: X-Men United

2. Iron Man

1. The Dark Knight- The most fun and enjoyment I had with watching a comic book movie is with TDK. I love just thinking about the movie and how great Nolan has made Batman into watchable movies again.

Last edited:
I'm ranking these in order of personal enjoyment of either the movie, or the hype surrounding them (most of them are 'event' movies, after all) and not necessarily quality.

10. Watchmen

9. X-Men 2

8. Spider-Man 2

7. Iron Man

6. Superman Returns

5. X-Men

4. Spider-Man

3. V for Vendetta

2. The Dark Knight

1. Batman Begins: For all of the reasons I listed in the "Best Things" thread.

Last edited:
Spider-Man 2 wasn't on the list. I probably would have voted for that.

10. Superman Returns
9. X-Men
8. Spider-Man
7. X-Men 2
6. V For Vendetta
5. The Incredible Hulk
4. The Dark Knight
3. Iron Man
2. Batman Begins
1. Spider-Man 2

I went with The Dark Knight but Spider-Man would be a very close second.

My top 10 would be :

10 Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut - While it has some problems obviously, it was still a great new version of a classic film. And yes superman II is not of this decade but Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut came out 2006 so the Richard Donner Cut is of this decade and so I count it.

9 Constantine - This may be because I had not read any of the comics first but I loved this film. There was just something cool about it and I enjoyed all the twists and characters.

8 Turtles Forever - I know it's animated and tv movie but it's still a comic movie. NO comic movie has me feel like a kid again like this did. No other comic movie had as many "oh my god!" geek-out moments for me either

7 Daredevil - I know most seem to hate this but again might be because I've always found Daredevil pretty boring in comics. But the film I loved and Michael Clarke Duncan was a brilliant if not perfect Kingpin IMO regardless of him been different colour to the comics.

6 Batman of the future - Return of the Joker - Sorry if this was only live action stuff but damn this film is cool. It was one of those that when it had the twist I actually paused for a second to think "What the ****?" in a good way.

5 V for Vendetta - I love this movie I really do. very well done to the point of been a great movie that somepeople i know didn't actually think it was a comic movie. I could watch this over and over again.

4 Watchmen - As unpopular as this may or may not be, I prefer it to the actual comic. Plus the music in is just great all of it music it I loved and helped make the film feel even better. Plus opening with "The Times They Are A-Changin'" may be my favourite comic opening EVER.

3 X-Men - Another one I loved. I admit i'm not a big X-men comic fan. But I enjoyed the cartoon and some comics. But nearly everyone was perfect in it to me. It was really fun.

2 Spider-Man - It has a lot of things I hate in it. Power ranger goblin, Organic webbing and Manic-depressive spider-man to name a few. Yet I llove it I can't really get sick of seeing the first one.

1 The dark knight - Besides the bat-voice I can't find any real faults with it. I love it and it had me hyped for a long time afterwards which few films do now. I must have watched bluray 4 or 5 times in first 3 weeks it was out.

Last edited:
10. Wonder Woman: This really should have been the live adaptation version instead of animated.

9. Watchmen: The most visually enjoyable superhero movie to date and a near perfect adaptation of the graphic novel.

8. The Incredible Hulk: Edward Norton brought the right amount of pathos to a greatly action packed Hulk film.

7. Superman Returns: For all of its faults it was a heartfelt homage to the original films.

6. Spider-Man 2: The best of the Spider-Man films with the best villain.

5. Batman Begins: This started one of the best film series in the new millennium.

4. Hellboy II: The Golden Army: A pitch-perfect follow up to the original.

3. X2: X-Men United: Hugh Jackman. Bryan Cox. Ian McKellan. Patrick Stewart. Nuff said.

2. Iron Man: RDJ gave one of the best performances in the past five years in this little movie that could.

1. The Dark Knight: The greatest superhero movie ever.

Last edited:
Spider-Man 2 wasn't on the list. I probably would have voted for that.

10. Superman Returns
9. X-Men
8. Spider-Man
7. X-Men 2
6. V For Vendetta
5. The Incredible Hulk
4. The Dark Knight
3. Iron Man
2. Batman Begins
1. Spider-Man 2
It is on the list. I put 3 by mistake. It is fixed.

My Top 10:

10.)Spider-Man: The movie to kick off the comic book movie craze. That has to count for something.

9.) Wonder Woman: This really should have been made into a live-action movie. When I hear someone say that Wonder Woman wouldn't transalte onto the big screen, I can't help but think of this and disagree.

8.) X2: Without a doubt the best of the X-Men franchise. The scene with Nightcrawler in the White House alone secures this movie as one of the best comic book movies to date.

7.) Spider-Man 2: What X2 was to the X-Men franchise this was to Spider-Man. The only bad thing about this movie is that it makes Spider-Man 3 look that much worse in comparison.

6.) The Incredibles: My favorite Pixar film, and that's saying something. An excellent mash up of Fantastic Four, Watchmen, and other comic book yarns.

5.) 300: I think this movie is a bit underrated honestly. Every focuses on the CGI and badassery, but some of the more dramatic elements get ignored. The death of Leonidas is pretty moving, and I love the ending as the Greeks prepare to battle the Persians. Great film.

4.) Iron Man: Without a doubt my favorite Marvel film. Iron Man II looks great, as does Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers. I have a feeling the best Marvel films are yet to come.

3.) Batman Begins: A great reboot for my favorite superhero. This movie was what Batman should be: dark, moody, and badass. In some ways I prefer Begins to TDK.

2.) Watchmen: Sure I have problems with this movie (mainly Snyder giving the heroes "quasi powers", and the climax lacking the punch of the GN), but this is still one of the most interesting and well acted comic book movies ever.

1.) The Dark Knight: Too long? Yes. Stupid to kill Two-Face? Without a doubt. Overrated? Maybe. While TDK certainly has it's problems, it is still the most engrossing comic book film I've seen. What more can be said about Ledger as the Joker? He's simply fantastic. Hopefully Nolan and company will begin work on a sequel shortly.

Last edited:
Mask of the Phantasm came out in 1993. You're a little late on that one.

In no particular order, except for #1:

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Iron Man
X-Men 2
Spider-Man 2
Sin City
Hellboy
V For Vendetta
Superman Returns

Last edited:
So it's superhero movies and not comic book movies? Hence why you can list Unbreakable and not Sin City or 300?
You can do both, I didn't say/mean you couldn't with Sin City or 300. I only said people can count Unbreakable if they choose to.

I couldn't find a good list and that Wiki one was the best I found. If someone can find a better list, I'll definitely change the link.

In terms of preference it's impossibly close between Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 for me, so I'll go with Spidey 2 because I think it's the better film.

But the film that personally affected my life the most this decade? Spider-Man. Easily. Lord of the Rings comes close behind, but in the 8 months or so leading up to and following the release of the first Spidey movie, everything to do with it was my life.

My list:
5. Unbreakable
4. V For Vendetta
3. X2: X-Men United
2. Batman Begins
1. Any of the Spidey films.

Wasn't it X-Men? I heard people say it was X-Men that really kicked it off.

X-Men came out before Spider-Man, but if I remember correctly the superhero movie craze didn't really start until Spider-Man came out and went nuts at the box office. X-Men did well but it wasn't a huge hit like Spider-Man. This all could be way off (I was fairly young when all this was going on). I just remember all the studios cranking out superhero films afer the success of Spider-Man, and that's why I attributed the rise of the superhero genre to Spider-Man.

Mask of the Phantasm came out in 1993. You're a little late on that one.

I didn't notice that this was only pertaining to movies of the past decade. My apologies.

Last edited:
X-Men came out before Spider-Man, but if I remember correctly the superhero movie craze didn't really start until Spider-Man came out and went nuts at the box office. X-Men did well but it wasn't a huge hit like Spider-Man. This all could be way off (I was fairly young when all this was going on). I just remember all the studios cranking out superhero films afer the success of Spider-Man

Actually X-men did incredibly well, much better than anyone expect it to. In fact as I recall FOX barely advertised it. And after it's success all the studios started jumping on the superhero bandwagon. Spider-man got it's budget and step through the door because of X-Men's success.

Actually X-men did incredibly well, much better than anyone expect it to. In fact as I recall FOX barely advertised it. And after it's success all the studios started jumping on the superhero bandwagon. Spider-man got it's budget and step through the door because of X-Men's success.

I stand corrected.

Latest posts

Back