Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shooting

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Sports

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Puzzle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
At the time I was really big on final fantasy 11. Then I stopped after my last breakup and i moved on to the sims and i play that when I get the feel to play, mostly I play Tetris, but sims is still my game. GTA is fun too.

At the time I was really big on final fantasy 11. Then I stopped after my last breakup and i moved on to the sims and i play that when I get the feel to play, mostly I play Tetris, but sims is still my game. GTA is fun too.

So the game you most like is ........ Everything?:lol:

Last edited:
tough one. I play just about anything as long as I have fun with it. I guess I'd have to go with shooters like Resistance: Fall of Man and Black. I used to get down with RPG's alot more but not so much now, although I'm like 80 hours into Oblivion. Puzzle games are sweet too. I'm addicted to the Sudoku game on my PS3.

RPG`s are my favourite game type. Really though i have 2 favourite games: Street Fighter Alpha 3
Final Fantasy VII

i mean sure i love so many games but im not gonna list em but those 2 are the ones closest to my heart. RPG`s i just friggin love but im unsure wether im losing my passion for them or maybe they are just crap these days. Most RPG`s now seem like a disappointment eg FFXII

RPG`s are my favourite game type. Really though i have 2 favourite games: Street Fighter Alpha 3
Final Fantasy VII

i mean sure i love so many games but im not gonna list em but those 2 are the ones closest to my heart. RPG`s i just friggin love but im unsure wether im losing my passion for them or maybe they are just crap these days. Most RPG`s now seem like a disappointment eg FFXII

You like the rpgs I love? the ones that are like KOTOR , Fable and those?

You like the rpgs I love? the ones that are like KOTOR , Fable and those?

KOTOR was good but really im not so much a big fan of star wars anymore. When i was a kid i used to love Vader and he was possibly the sole reason i watched them so many times but ever since i saw episode one i have hated star wars. Fable woulda been a great game if it wasnt so so ****ing linear.

Id say my fave RPG`s are

Secret of Mana
FFVII
Grandia
Grandia 2 (DC)
Suikoden 2

KOTOR was good but really im not so much a big fan of star wars anymore. When i was a kid i used to love Vader and he was possibly the sole reason i watched them so many times but ever since i saw episode one i have hated star wars. Fable woulda been a great game if it wasnt so so ****ing linear.

That's cool mate. Like I mentioned before I love the whole you get to turn in the bad guy on it. Fable you could become fat and even drunk.

KOTOR had 3 endings good , evil and an extra one when you completed it again after those two. I love that.

I'm not a FF fan but I don't like many rpgs. I like the KOTOR style and marrowind and a few others but not a lot. With KOTOR I felt like here is a game I am in control of.

I want to kill a good guy and steal money? I did. The twist In KOTOR was just amazing that is my favourite game of all time.

Now I have a friend who loves FF , Kingdom hearts and them not my thing and i'm not a graphics whore BUT FF has some absolutely breath taking in-game movies and give them props for that.

bloody right.

The sims is great. I love the pc versions and have sims - all expansion packs and sims 2 - 3 expansions
If you all love the Sims, you should update the Sims thread more often. Post pictures and all that.

JonnyFreeze said:
Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy XII had a nice combat system but was marred by a pathetically weak plot with an ill-defined protagonist (comparatively moreso than most other FF protagonists). Balthier and Fran were the best parts of that game.

Honestly, I find the Final Fantasy franchise over-rated. But I'll admit that most RPGs today are underwhelming, outside of Final Fantasy. Too much emphasis on number crunching and inventory management and mundane things like trading and making things and not enough on trying to develop your character's personality and ROLE-playing him/her.

Incidentally, I was never a big fan of the multiple endings schtick as sometimes they feel too contrived. I prefer Fallout's use of a location-based epilogue --- describing the effects your character had on different locations within the gameworld --- as it gave a greater sense of the world than trying to reduce the ending to JUST your character's ultimate fate and does tons more in making the gameworld 'real' than a 'sophisticated' economy or the ability to harvest wheat and bake bread.

But for all the limitations KOTOR imposed on your character's freedom within the galaxy, it benefited from being able to truly define what your character's personality was --- even if it was a tad bit blatantly systematic and obvious about it in the dialogue options --- and in my opinion, it had a better understanding of the finer moral points of the Jedi ways than George Lucas himself does now.

It's no surprise though --- since the first KOTOR was developed by Bioware, makers of Baldur's Gate II, and the second KOTOR was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, composed mostly of Black Isle Studios alumni (makers of Fallout and Planescape: Torment). These guys now a thing or two about trying to invest as much RP into the G as possible.

was shame too I had dbz , spider-man and star wars skins , I had a ps2 , a ngc an xbox downloaded plus a Symboite (venom one) in a jar :lol: and more items. good times good times

Final Fantasy XII Balthier and Fran were the best parts of that game.

Honestly, I find the Final Fantasy franchise over-rated. But I'll admit that most RPGs today are underwhelming, outside of Final Fantasy.

about balthier and fran.....agreed. Balthier felt like a real standout character but my god the main character was annoying as hell.

I find the biggest problem with RPG`s is now is that all the big name series` that produced top quality RPG`s back in the good old days are now churning out big stinky turds. for example: Suikoden and Wild Arms

about balthier and fran.....agreed. Balthier felt like a real standout character but my god the main character was annoying as hell.
I don't understand why so many people from the West hate all the main protagonist of Japanese CRPGs so much.

And most of the time, it happens to be the one who just isn't as 'assertive' as the other characters. I can't blame them for disliking 'wimpy' personalities, but it seems like an across the board dislike. Honestly, I found none of the characters in Final Fantasy particularly annoying, save for Squall who was a very self-absorbed pretty boy wallowing in his moroseness.

My favorite 'main hero' in FF was Zidane from Final Fantasy IX, simply because he had a nice rogue showman personality that made him different from all the brooding Clouds and Squalls and the passive Tidus and Vaan. Yet most people seem to not have liked him since he was too 'unconventional' looking.

I think what some people fail to understand is that in Japan, RPG protagonists are meant to be ciphers for your personality. That's why in most RPGs, you can rename your character. You're expected to 'roleplay' yourself and engage in 'fantasy' relationships with characters cooler than in real life. (Even dating games and eroge operate on the same principle)

Which is a far cry from the Western model where you're expected to create a 'fantasy' of what you'd like to be and 'roleplay' that.

JonnyFreeze said:
I find the biggest problem with RPG`s is now is that all the big name series` that produced top quality RPG`s back in the good old days are now churning out big stinky turds. for example: Suikoden and Wild Arms
Most definitely agree.

They are also becoming large overbloated affairs that exchange excellence for running time, not realizing that it's better to be the BEST TWENTY HOURS OF LIFE, than ten hours of excellence with fifty hours of crap in between.

i was looking at the data on my PSone memory card the other day. how in the hell did i clock over 80 hours on FFVII!?!?!?
I didnt like Squall much either. He was miserable sure but he was way too miserable. I really enjoy VII though because i felt it had so many good characters and my favourite FF character of all time is Barret.
Actually Ourchair the thing that bothered me about the main character the most in FFXII was the voice actor. The character itself didnt bother me it was just i thought the voice actor him was absolutely terrible. I think this is the only main character from an RPG that i havent liked.

Actually Ourchair the thing that bothered me about the main character the most in FFXII was the voice actor. The character itself didnt bother me it was just i thought the voice actor him was absolutely terrible. I think this is the only main character from an RPG that i havent liked.
His VO artist sounded almost indistinguishable from the guy who voiced Tidus in FFX, IMHO.

Which isn't a 'defense' mind you. I found neither character more or less annoying than the other.

Latest posts

Back