What Next?

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Now that i've managed to save up a little money, I've been considering splurging on some old DC trades... I just need help deciding between:

Nightwing (6 trades - the Dixon run)
Birds of Prey (4 trades)
Gotham Central (3 trades)
Batman: Year Two (1 trade)
Batman: War Drumes -> War Games -> War Crimes (5 trades)
Son of Superman (1 trade)
Superman: The Man of Steel (4 trades)
Morrisson's Doom Patrol (3 trades)
Kid Eternity (1 trade)
Wonder Woman (I don't know how many trades...)
Zero Hour: Crisis in Time (1 trade)
Superman/Batman (3 trades)
Starman (7 trades)
Green Arrow (7 trades)
The Final Night (1 trade)
Golden Age (1 trade)
Doctor Mid-Night (1 trade)
Aquaman (2 Trades)

Has anyone read any of these?? What would you recommend?

The only thing I've read out of there is Superman/Batman, and I highly recommend the first arc. It ends with the supposedly first reference to the coming crisis.

Plus, McGuiness's art is awesome.

I've read some War Games, but that was horrible. But I have heard Starman is good.

Nightwing (6 trades - the Dixon run) - I haven't read this but its on my list of things to pick up. If you end up getting them let me know.
Gotham Central (3 trades) - Excellent. Everything i heard Powers was supposed to be. Brubaker and Rucka show what it would be like to try and enforce the law in a world of costumed villians and unworldly powers. Deffinate recomendation, especialy with Renee Montoya's 52 involvment.
Batman: War Drumes -> War Games -> War Crimes (5 trades) - WEll, reading War Games in singles was what got me to drop Batman monthlies in the first place, so I wouldn't suggest this.
Zero Hour: Crisis in Time (1 trade) - I loved Zero Hour, but I also haven't read it since it initialy happened back when i was like 13. Take that witha grain of salt.
Superman/Batman (3 trades) - Entertaining, but pretty much fluff. Excellent art, but the storylines always leave a little something to be desired.
Starman (7 trades) - Another one I'd like to pick up. Apparently V3 is out of print. eBay and Amazon want over $30 for it.
Green Arrow (7 trades) - Kevin Smiths run starts off great, then hits a bit og a slump in the second arc. Brad Meltzer does an astounding job in his arc, then judd Winneck starts gettting wierd with a very angry Ollie and alot of abuse to the citizens of Star City. I tradewait this series.
Doctor Mid-Night (1 trade) - ****ing perfect. Buy this.

My reccomendations, either way.

Nightwing (6 trades - the Dixon run)
havn't read

Birds of Prey (4 trades)
I have Between Dark And Dawn. It was alright.

Gotham Central (3 trades)
I've been meaning to check out.

Batman: Year Two (1 trade)
nr.

Batman: War Drumes -> War Games -> War Crimes (5 trades)
Never have read Drums. I thought Games was good. I read them in trade from and not singles. It was great. Crimes was lame. The only good thing was the Joker - Black Mask meeting.

Son of Superman (1 trade)
nr

Superman: The Man of Steel (4 trades)
nr

Morrisson's Doom Patrol (3 trades)
interested

Kid Eternity (1 trade)
interested

Wonder Woman (I don't know how many trades...)
nr

Zero Hour: Crisis in Time (1 trade)
Lame if it's what I think it is.

Superman/Batman (3 trades)
The first arc was great. I loved the second arc. The third was good.

Starman (7 trades)
nr

Green Arrow (7 trades)
I need to get the old ones but I have Moving Targets. It was good.

The Final Night (1 trade)
never heard of

Golden Age (1 trade)
nr

Doctor Mid-Night (1 trade)
nr

Aquaman (2 Trades)
nr

Just picked up Green Arrow: The Archer's Quest, and ordered the two TPBs of Gotham Central...

I'll probably pick up the other GA trades if this is good

Latest posts

Back