What should I get???

Bass said:
Get "JLA: New World Order". You will not believe how cool Batman is in it.

The art ****ing sucks though.

Bass said:
Get "JLA: New World Order". You will not believe how cool Batman is in it.

I'm almost sold on it. I'll look for it next time I'm in the bookstore.

Ultimate Gambit said:
I'd say Y-The Last Man which I have started to collect in trades and I love it

I got the first trade, burned through it and enjoyed it. Same for the second trade. It's a very nice comic, and very enjoyable. But, and remember I do like Vaughan, I think all of his work is a little overrated. Not that he's bad mind you, he's just not as great as people make him out to be. His comics are enjoyable however.

As for the JLA comic - just get the first trade. It won't disappoint. You're trusting me because you know I'm right. It rocks. It was, at the time, the comic of choice. There's a reason, y'know. :D

Bass said:
As for the JLA comic - just get the first trade. It won't disappoint. You're trusting me because you know I'm right. It rocks. It was, at the time, the comic of choice. There's a reason, y'know. :D

How do I know you're right without reading it yet? I'm trusting you're right, and if not I'll come across the Atlantic, roll up this trade, and insert it in an anything but ginger way into your rectum for wasting my time and money. But like I said, I'll give it a shot, and if its good I'll thank you, if not I'll at the very least recommend a good local *** doctor to remove the trade from your bum. For me its a win-win situation...for you not so much. ;)

DC stuff really isn't my thing either, but I do collect a few things in trades. Miller (Year One, DKR) and Loeb's (Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush, Catwomen: When in Rome, Superman for All Seasons) stuff in particular is some good reading. Superman/Batman, JSA and Justice are pretty good, and I pray All Star Bats gets better. I won't really touch either normal universe now because of House of M and Infinite Crisis. Hate those big style crossovers. The Ultimate line, the Supreme Power books and New Avengers are basically the only things worth reading at Marvel, however.

Vertigo has a plethora of stuff to read, though. 100 Bullets, The Losers, Fables, Hellblazer, Preacher, Lucifer, Death and Sandman are all EXCELLENT. Try picking up one of these series if you can.

ProjectX2 said:
The art ****ing sucks though.
I disagree.

UltimateE said:
I'm almost sold on it. I'll look for it next time I'm in the bookstore.
Doooo it. Dooooooooooo it!.

And not all of the post Morrison is ****. The first Waid arc was excellent. After that it sucked mighty hard till the current arc.

I'm goin back into town today, may look for JLA if I have the time. I want to get up to speed with Ultimates, so I'll probabaly buy the 1st TPB of Ultimates 2. The again, I may buy Cats & Kings, the USM trade I need. I'm getting New Avengers HC & Astonsihing X-Men HC for xmas this year, so I'm not gonna get them yet. But I also need a new pair of jeans - God, this is hard...

Comics are better than clothing.

Right, I'm back from town, and I decdied to get Easths Mightiest Heroes in HC. I've only read the first issue, yet it's really good - I've never really read an early Avengers issue, and I know this was from last year, yet it does give a really good tone of what the Avengers came together for.

roguefan said:
Right, I'm back from town, and I decdied to get Easths Mightiest Heroes in HC. I've only read the first issue, yet it's really good - I've never really read an early Avengers issue, and I know this was from last year, yet it does give a really good tone of what the Avengers came together for.
Joe Casey does good work. His WildC.A.T.S and Mr. Majestic are excellent.

Latest posts

Back