What TV Show Am I Talking About?

leather_w0lf

Name a popular TV Show . . .

With a diverse and large cast of people with hidden secrets being watched by a hidden orginization with an agenda we know nothing about.

This show is written regularly by a creative team that includes major comic book writers.

This show regularly loses what we believe to be main characters to the big dirt nap.

This show has a main character in the medical profession. This character doubts his purpose in life.

This show has a pair of Asian characters that are central to the plot. 1 speaks English, the other has learned it with the help of a lover.

This show has an African American man who lost his son and found him.

This show features a main character that has precognative abilities.

This show has a young blonde woman named Claire.

This show has featured the actor Greg Grunberg.

What show is this?

Last edited:
No, but Hiro learned english from a lover-the diner girl who could never forget, Charlie; Just as Sun learned english from the man she was in love with-who wasn't her husband.

And they are Japanese best friends, not Chinese brothers.

No, but Hiro learned english from a lover-the diner girl who could never forget, Charlie; Just as Sun learned english from the man she was in love with-who wasn't her husband.

And they are Japanese best friends, not Chinese brothers.

I don't watch the show, obviously, sorry about that

Whose the main character in a medical profession?

Last edited:
Heh. I never even thought of that. I don't watch Lost...bu *** sounds like it could be either or.

Now I don't know whether this thread is meant to mocking or a game? :?

Being a big TV nerd and fan of both, I'll break it down:

With a diverse and large cast of people with hidden secrets being watched by a hidden orginization with an agenda we know nothing about.

Lost: cast includes African, American, Australian, British, Asian, and Hispanic main characters, on an Island, being observed by the mysterious Others and the Dharma Initiative.

Heroes: cast includes African-American, Hispanic, White, Indian, and Japanese characters. Some mysterious organization is capturing, monotoring, and experimenting on these individuals.

This show is written regularly by a creative team that includes major comic book writers.

Lost: J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof

Heroes: Jeph Loeb

This show regularly loses what we believe to be main characters to the big dirt nap.

Lost:
Shannon, Boone, Ana Lucia, Mr. Echo, Libby

Heroes:
Charlie, Claire (briefly), Eve, Simone

This show has a main character in the medical profession. This character doubts his purpose in life.

Lost: Jack, The Neurosurgeon, is unsure of his place as a leader, love interest, and son.

Heroes: Peter, A Hospice Nurse, is unsure of his place as a brother, a son, a love interest, a hero, and a human being.

This show has a pair of Asian characters that are central to the plot. 1 speaks English, the other has learned it with the help of a lover.

Lost: Sun and Jin are a (I think) Korean couple on the island and key members of the cast. Jin speaks no English and didn't realize that Sun did know English since she secretly learned it from a lover in preparation for leaving Jin.

Heroes: Hiro and Ando are a pair of Japanese friends. Hiro finds that he has the ability to stop time and bend time/space and leads his friend on a mission to save New York from a future catastrophe. Hiro meets a girl named Charlie who teaches him English.

This show has an African American man who lost his son and found him.

Lost: Michael loses his son Michael to a messy break-up, refinds him, crashes on an island, loses him again, and then makes deals to get him again.

Heroes: DL is in prison, cut off from his son Micah, but he gets out, and makes a deal to clear his name and get to keep his son.

This show features a main character that has precognative abilities.

Lost:
Desmond relives his life, and tehrefore, knows the future

Heroes: Isaac paints the future, Peter has dreams

This show has a young blonde woman named Claire.

Lost: A young single mother from Australia

Heroes: A young indestructable cheerleader

This show has featured the actor Greg Grunberg.

Lost: As the Pilot in the Pilot

Heroes: As Detective Matt Parkman

I never realized all of the parallels. Spooky!

I think the point of this thread was to point out the spooky parallels. Neat!

Last edited:
See....and I thought it might've been another stupid "guessing game" in the wrong forum.

But I stand corrected.

This also makes me doubt Heroes' awesomeness.

< bows >

Thank you.

Shaggy, I appreciate your translation. I came up with this in a THC influenced moment when I made the Claire connection. Then I did an internet search to see if I wasn't alone in my thoughts. Lots of hits. Google "lost heroes" and see what you find.

Now read this, courtesy of Doc Jensen at EW.com:

"A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you my theory that the exec producer of Heroes, Tim Kring, and the exec producer of Lost, Damon Lindelof, are in a secret creative alliance, and that their respective stories share a common backstory mythology. To wit: The Hanso Foundation/The Dharma Initiative is the agency responsible for the outbreak of super-powered humans in Heroes.

In response to the theory, Kring, who happens to be good friends with Lindelof, revealed that the two men have indeed discussed the idea of creating some kind of creative synergy between the two shows, although the reality of Lost and Heroes being on separate, competing networks makes that somewhat complicated if not impossible.

I recently had the chance to run all of this by Lindelof. For the record, when I asked him if it was true that he and Kring had discussed the possibility of a Heroes/Lost team-up, this was his reaction:

''Totally true. And if Hiro can teleport ANYWHERE, wouldn't YOU watch him team up with Hurley to find the rest of that four-toed statue?''

My answer: YES!"

Now wouldn't that rock if it could go down?

The beauty of the comic book is that you can do these kind of cross-over.

But knowing Lindoff, they'd get to 2 issues and then quit. lol.

Note I said COMIC BOOK.

If NBC and ABC were to do a crossover, it would be ground breaking.

Like Ozzfest being free this year. Ground f'n breaking.

Network TV has to do something or it's gonna die like the CD.

Latest posts

Back