What was your first CD?

The offspring: Americana.

Still the only punk album I really really like

*sigh*

I have no idea, and I didn't even get a CD player until I was in college, you think I would remember. It was probably something stupid the came out in 96

CDs? You young uns, back in my day, I had cassettes!

And for the record, my first one was The Dire Straits' Brothers In Arms.

Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park. I don't buy CDs.

Actually, it was probably Reanimation. My copy of Hybrid Theory is copied.

Last edited:
First LP - Weird Al Yankovic "Dare to be Stupid" (still own it)

First Cassette - The Cure "Disintegration" (lost it)

First CD - Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"

CDs? You young uns, back in my day, I had cassettes!

Yep.

I remember my first tape, and it is so embarrassing that I would never admit to it in a million years.

Yep.

I remember my first tape, and it is so embarrassing that I would never admit to it in a million years.
I completely forgot about this thread and was about to say that this thread reeks of "generationalism" for those of us who owned cassettes. :lol::lol::lol:

As for my first CD, I was old enough to start with class: Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream.

Yep.

GO LISTEN TO YOUR ****ING 8-TRACKS, OLD MAN!!

I completely forgot about this thread and was about to say that this thread reeks of "generationalism" for those of us who owned cassettes. :lol::lol::lol:

As for my first CD, I was old enough to start with class: Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream.

NICE.

GO LISTEN TO YOUR ****ING 8-TRACKS, OLD MAN!!

I would if my 8 track player weren't broken.

I do have a Saturday Night Fever 8-track and a couple of Neil Diamond...somewhere.

I *think* mine may have been MTV's Big Shiny Tunes 5

or it might have been a Prozac CD that I got from lame relatives that barely knew me in grade 5

yes the Prozac that's like a cartoon band or whatever

The first CD I ever owned, I believe, was Metallica's And Justice For All.

The first one I ever bought was the double CD of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, by the Smashing Pumpkins

Edit: Scratch that. Master of Puppets was actually my first, in like, fourth or fifth grade. I don't think I picked up my own copy of And Justice For All until high school.

Edit Edit: And on the strange continuing trend, my first cassette was Weird Al. And oddly enough, I think it was also "Dare to be Stupid". Apparently the UC kids paid for Weird Al's first home.

Last edited:
I definitely grew up with cassettes, which is why my first CD was such a monumental moment for me.

And my dad and my brother and I would go downtown and buy used 45s before cassettes.

Latest posts

Back