What Went Wrong With Ultimate Storm

Ultimate Black Panther.....Nick Fury's son!

And so is Ultimate Bishop! Because in "Return to Weapon X" Nick has a throw away line about all his ex-wives! So he like, has sons everywhere! [/sarcasm]

Ultimate Black Panther.....Nick Fury's son!

And so is Ultimate Bishop! Because in "Return to Weapon X" Nick has a throw away line about all his ex-wives! So he like, has sons everywhere! [/sarcasm]
And because all black people should be related!

Another thing: Has anybody ever considered the larger meteorological and ecological implications of Storm's powers? I think her powers are something that need to be taken very seriously.

If anybody's been paying attention to the sudden resurgence of global warming as an 'Issue' due to the release of An Inconvenient Truth then they should know that changes in local weather affect not only local conditions but the flow of global meteorological conditions.

I think that's something that needs to be explored with Ultimate Storm. Every moment in which she messes with weather to induce an unnatural presence of snow, sleet, wind or hail or lightning is a possibility for catastrophe elsewhere, as it disrupts the movement of other weather conditions.

I wouldn't think it would. She affects her immediate area only.

Now view the weather of the worlds swirling like a HUGE ocean. Now, plomp a rock into it. It will only ripple visibly for a little distance. This wouldn't affect the ocean all the much, would it?

That's how I view her powers. She only affects the area around her, and in the scheme of the world, this isn't very much.

What would be a good story if some environmentalists begin to think she is the cause of global warming, and begin doing terrorists acts to draw her out to kill her.

That be a good story

Another thing: Has anybody ever considered the larger meteorological and ecological implications of Storm's powers? I think her powers are something that need to be taken very seriously.

If anybody's been paying attention to the sudden resurgence of global warming as an 'Issue' due to the release of An Inconvenient Truth then they should know that changes in local weather affect not only local conditions but the flow of global meteorological conditions.

I think that's something that needs to be explored with Ultimate Storm. Every moment in which she messes with weather to induce an unnatural presence of snow, sleet, wind or hail or lightning is a possibility for catastrophe elsewhere, as it disrupts the movement of other weather conditions.

Yeah, I have.

I used to joke with my friends that in order to line up jet streams of air just right in order for her fly, was crashing 747s with sudden massive burst of wind, and sending poor Charlie Browns kite into the kite-eating-tree.

I don't think there's a story possibility in this line of thinking though, because if you introduce that using her powers here is screwing with life elsewhere...you'll soon have a powerless hero who couldn't even fly because she wouldn't want to destroy/ruin/impair/kill/or just cause annoying weather elsewhere to other people.

It works more like a sorta-logical joke, like Nick Fury missing his shots because of bad depth perception, organic webbing coming out of Spider-Man's *** instead of his wist, and Superman's inability to get Lois pregnant because Superman Jr. would kick a hole in his mother while still in the womb.

Foolsfolly said:
I don't think there's a story possibility in this line of thinking though, because if you introduce that using her powers here is screwing with life elsewhere...you'll soon have a powerless hero who couldn't even fly because she wouldn't want to destroy/ruin/impair/kill/or just cause annoying weather elsewhere to other people.
I think you overestimate me to be earnestly serious about this idea, when honestly what I was thinking about was how Warren Ellis wrote some of the superhuman conundrums of the Fantastic Four's powers but then dismissed them by saying that they just ARE.

I'm talking of course, about how according to Sue, Ben should have difficulty breathing in his new body and how according to Reed, Sue's ability to see while be invisible is a physical impossibility. Ellis poses these 'REALISTIC' questions and then makes them non-issues by saying that It's A Mystery.

So what I was wondering was if anyone could mine that question for potential, regardless of how they choose to answer it.

What would be a good story if some environmentalists begin to think she is the cause of global warming, and begin doing terrorists acts to draw her out to kill her.

That be a good story.
Now THAT'S awesome. :rockon:

Foolsfolly said:
It works more like a sorta-logical joke, like Nick Fury missing his shots because of bad depth perception, organic webbing coming out of Spider-Man's *** instead of his wist, and Superman's inability to get Lois pregnant because Superman Jr. would kick a hole in his mother while still in the womb.
Oh and as an aside, I never really understood why people would automatically assume that if webbing comes out from the posterior region of a spider's anatomy, it would come out of a human's butt.

I tend to think that a spider's anatomy resembles a hand in the first place, with the dexterity of their legs being correspondent with the fingers on a hand. As such, the most logical place for webbing to come out of the human body would be the hand as it is the region of the body that has the most dexterity to hold on to the webbing.

Latest posts

Back