What will be the X-Men line-up after Vaughan departs(possible spoilers)

If Dazzler survives, she and Warren will still be down to their second unauthorized outing that turns out horribly wrong.

It wouldn't be surprising if they were both expelled.

Last edited:
Err, not yet. But I have squatted my university longer than most. :lol:

I have a degree in political science and I've almost completed one in business administration.

The threads might be a little redundant but I thought this is where this should go.

I'm looking at other sites and everyone speculates on whose gonna be on the team. Nameing Colossus, Storm, Wolverine, Kitty, Iceman, someone even says Rogue because Kirkman says he wants to use her... but my question is how come no one has said Scott and Jean yet?

They're right on the cover of the issue immediately following Vaughan's run...

TheManWithoutFear said:
but my question is how come no one has said Scott and Jean yet?

They're right on the cover of the issue immediately following Vaughan's run...
It wouldn't be DATE NIGHT without the actual couple of the issue? :lol:

Don't you wish we'd get more scenes of Scott and Jean not talking or whatever? Like, I really wish they would break up real soon. I want to see their individual characters more than the two of them growing together.

Goodwill said:
Don't you wish we'd get more scenes of Scott and Jean not talking or whatever? Like, I really wish they would break up real soon. I want to see their individual characters more than the two of them growing together.
Some people are happy MJ and Pete split but seriously some couples last and some don't. Scott and Jean should be one of those couples. Scott's more of an adult than peter is. Jean helps bring out more to him than what he used to be unlike Peter who it was just Pete and MJ, it's more of a Scott/Jean thing. I hope they don't break up.

Goodwill said:
That would be nice. I am sick and tired of Scott and Jean being mostly defined by each other in the 616 Universe and to a lesser degree, in the Ultimate Universe.

It kind of reminds me of real-life couples who gradually lose their identity or personalities, or rather are incapable of projecting the personalities they have because they're so busy projecting themselves as a couple. Scott and Jean have that problem and they really need to show us how they can be interesting as separate characters, as unique individuals.

ourchair said:
That would be nice. I am sick and tired of Scott and Jean being mostly defined by each other in the 616 Universe and to a lesser degree, in the Ultimate Universe.

It kind of reminds me of real-life couples who gradually lose their identity or personalities, or rather are incapable of projecting the personalities they have because they're so busy projecting themselves as a couple. Scott and Jean have that problem and they really need to show us how they can be interesting as separate characters, as unique individuals.

That's really what I'm talking about. I thought it was great when Havok came around because Scott could react to something different than Jean. Honestly, I thought he was the most boring character up to that point; I would have even put him behind Nightcrawler! He needs some space. Besides, we need to get more involved with the Phoenix, too. Jean's feelings, thoughts, etc. need to be thoroughly explained through having these God-like abilities.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Some people are happy MJ and Pete split but seriously some couples last and some don't. Scott and Jean should be one of those couples. Scott's more of an adult than peter is. Jean helps bring out more to him than what he used to be unlike Peter who it was just Pete and MJ, it's more of a Scott/Jean thing. I hope they don't break up.

Semi-OT, but I think Morrison's New X-Men dispproves this. That showed how dead and stale their relationship was. Granted this is a different circumstance, but I could see it going in the same direction before too long.

I think it's reached that point. It doesn't seem like either of them have friends in the mansion. I'd really like to see Scott become buddies with Nightcrawler or something.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I wouldn't. Isn't Scott older than them and he shares Xavier's vision more than anyone else. He wants to be a leader not friends with the kids.
If I'm not mistaken Scott is only one or two years older than Iceman. Unless of course he's one of thos slow kids. ;)

I think E raises an interesting point. Perhaps Scott and Jean are destined to be together in the sense that their relationship really is stale. It's not that they love each other less, it's just that there's a certain comfort level that comes from them staying together for so long, and that just manifests itself as a mildly stale relationship.

I mean we can't all have our girlfriends get thrown off bridges every few years, you know.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm beginning to think the only 616 relationship you guys want in the UU is Sue and Reed.
I don't think wanting to see a relationship change is the same as hating the relationship.

Surely, Peter and Mary Jane together has an intensely likable chemistry. But Peter's such a neurotic that it's kind of EXPECTED that he'll be switching girls every now and then. I look at that as a more realistic view of the characters, even if I patently like Pete & MJ together.

I'd like it if Rogue showed up again. I mean, I dunno the chances of it, but just about EVERYTHING I've read with her in it has been great. I thought the Annual was great...And if she came back to the mansion, she'd A) Have to deal with Bobby Drake, B) Try to make amends with Logan, and C) Try yet again to find her place amongst all the others, all the while probably still being upset about Remy's death. I think I'd still be sad about it anyways...
I dunno how it'd fit in with whatever plot they're using, but it's good development, I think...

...But then I don't write comics, so what do I know...

TheManWithoutFear said:
He probably is. I mean you do see the maturity level and the difference between Scott and Bobby. It's pretty obvious.
I agree that Scott is infinitely more 'mature' than Bobby. Especially since Bobby is such a petulant little ***.

But that doesn't necessarily mean Scott is THAT much older. It could just be two to three years for all we know. The maturity gap between 15 and 18 is a completely different thing from the maturity gap between 21 and 24.

(If you do the math, 18 is 20% more mature than 15, and 24 is 14% more mature than 21. Not maturity is quanitifiable, but you get my drift)

ourchair said:
I agree that Scott is infinitely more 'mature' than Bobby. Especially since Bobby is such a petulant little ***.

But that doesn't necessarily mean Scott is THAT much older. It could just be two to three years for all we know. The maturity gap between 15 and 18 is a completely different thing from the maturity gap between 21 and 24.

(If you do the math, 18 is 20% more mature than 15, and 24 is 14% more mature than 21. Not maturity is quanitifiable, but you get my drift)
I know but the argument was why Cyclops would be socially seperate from the rest of the team. I meant it was because he seemed more mature than they did.

Well, guys, think of it this way... Scott needs to be characterized differently than he is being characterized right now and whatever writer is put on this title needs to take advantage of the fact that Iceman with powers is exclusive to the Ultimate Universe. So, maybe their relationship could blossom in the coming months or years.

Latest posts

Back