What Will SHIELD get to replace the Ultimates?

Did you see the JLU ep with the Suicide Squad? The did well with such a concept, with 4 villains as spooks and Amanda Waller and Rick Flagg as government support.
That was awesome. It wasn't the greatest episode ever, but I thought it was such a change --- essentially a twenty minute heist story --- from other stories that it kept it fresh.

The Overlord said:
There is a lot you can do with the concept, as well as used new and established villains as spooks, you can 616 Thunderbolt characters working as the support staff for the government on this project, it would be a good way to introduce Ultimate Versions of Helmut Zemo, Paul Norbert Ebersol
(the Fixer) and Dr. Karla Sofen (Moonstone).
Yes.

I also think they could try to replace the void left by the Ultimates by creating new Ultimates based off of West Coast Avengers/Force Works.

What about Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos?
The Ultimate Thunderbolts would be interesting but there are not enough villians again... stupid breakouts...
Also maybe another goverment sponsored mutant team.

Hell lets get Warren Ellis and do Ultimate NEXTwave (nevermind i'm just calling out teams now...)

Last edited:
What about Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos?
The Ultimate Thunderbolts would be interesting but there are not enough villians again... stupid breakouts...
Also maybe another goverment sponsored mutant team.

What you mean like Ultimate X-Factor?

Anyway there are ways to introduce an ultimate thunderbolts team, those escaped villains will soon be recaptured (Cap already captured Vulture off panel) Plus some criminals are still in jail (like Bullseye). Plus they can introduce new Ultimate versions of 616 criminals as agents or enhance various C-list villains (Shocker, Boomerang, etc) to make them more dangerous as agents.

What you mean like Ultimate X-Factor?

Anyway there are ways to introduce an ultimate thunderbolts team, those escaped villains will soon be recaptured (Cap already captured Vulture off panel) Plus some criminals are still in jail (like Bullseye). Plus they can introduce new Ultimate versions of 616 criminals as agents or enhance various C-list villains (Shocker, Boomerang, etc) to make them more dangerous as agents.

Yes, Ultimate X-Factor is what I meant. They could make appearences like the Ultimates did in the other titles.
Ultimate Thunderbolts would still be tricky because Bendis did release them for a reason, I think it was Kraven and omega red is all i can really remember breaking out that could have some new story in the future.

Yes, Ultimate X-Factor is what I meant. They could make appearences like the Ultimates did in the other titles.
Ultimate Thunderbolts would still be tricky because Bendis did release them for a reason, I think it was Kraven and omega red is all i can really remember breaking out that could have some new story in the future.

I don't see how it be tricky, there are still a ton of villains still in prison (I doubt Bullseye or Shocker are in the Trisk, plus Vulture has already been recaptured), plus new Ultimate versions of 616 villains could be introduced as Thunderbolt agents. Bendis barely did anything with Omega red the first time, why would the second time be any different?

Also who would be on Ultimate X-Factor?

Last edited:
I don't see how it be tricky, there are still a ton of villains still in prison (I doubt Bullseye or Shocker are in the Trisk, plus Vulture has already been recaptured), plus new Ultimate versions of 616 villains could be introduced as Thunderbolt agents. Bendis barely did anything with Omega red the first time, why would the second time be any different?

Also who would be on Ultimate X-Factor?

I think Havok, Polaris, Sunspot, and Cannonball are the best candidates for the X-Factor. Havok could convince them because he was on the New mutants thing and because Sunspot hates the government (I think). And the president would think it's time to have a magentic person for defense. Also they could use Doug Ramsy as their commander (Kind of like how Millar used Nick Fury in the Ultimates battles).
Your correct about the Thunderbolts agents, guess I was only thinking about the villians they have and not about the ones they could get.

Latest posts

Back