What's the one book...?

Ultimates

What is that one book that you want SO bad in your collection, or one that took a lot of effort to obtain?

For me, it was The Absolute Authority Volume 1. Man was that hard to find, at least at a decent price. My next one I always keep an eye out for is Absolute Danger Girl. I wanted to check it out, and the fact it is probably the hardest Absolute Edition to obtain...well :)

What is that one book that you want SO bad in your collection, or one that took a lot of effort to obtain?

For me, it was The Absolute Authority Volume 1. Man was that hard to find, at least at a decent price. My next one I always keep an eye out for is Absolute Danger Girl. I wanted to check it out, and the fact it is probably the hardest Absolute Edition to obtain...well :)

Miracleman #15. I didn't put a ton of effort into it, but I did plan on getting it at WWC this year if I saw it. A few weeks ago my LCS just happened to have it when I went in and I got it.

An issue of Adventure Comics Digest with the Legion of Super-Heroes in it.

Adventure Comics, the long-running DC book, became a Digest-sized reprint series in the 80s, but had an original Legion story in this particular issue. It's hard enough finding any of these digests, let alone any one particular one.

But I finally found it at Wizard World one year. Actually, my friend Doug did. He asked, "is this what you're looking for?" and I almost fainted when it was (not really). He took a picture of me with it and I was extraordinarily happy. It was the last comic book I needed to finish my Legion collection.

Marvel Zombies TPB actually. About three years ago, I swear I found one in a Barnes and Noble. I wanted to pick it up, but wasn't big enough into comics yet to justify its purchase. Not even a week later, I was hooked and went back to buy it but had no luck. Couldn't find a copy in stock anywhere. When it was released recently for the first time in paperback, I jumped on it. I don't know if the copy I found in Barnes and Noble was real or an illusion now.

Marvel Zombies TPB actually. About three years ago, I swear I found one in a Barnes and Noble. I wanted to pick it up, but wasn't big enough into comics yet to justify its purchase. Not even a week later, I was hooked and went back to buy it but had no luck. Couldn't find a copy in stock anywhere. When it was released recently for the first time in paperback, I jumped on it. I don't know if the copy I found in Barnes and Noble was real or an illusion now.

Order it from the UC store!

I want the Daredevil Omnibus' and the New X-men/Astonishing X-men ones.

I too want the Daredevil Omnibus, too bad it's 100 bux.

razza frazza.

during a sale at my LCS i picked up the first trade of The Sword, and got hooked. Got the second one, and now I want to catch up on the issues. Found #13, but in 5 DIFFERENT comic shops here in NYC, not one has #14. There's two more for me to check, but i'm not very optimistic. I might have to wait for the 3rd trade in September. :(

Latest posts

Back