Where do you...

GMaster

Banned
Where do you guys buy your comics then?
I usually go to a cool little shop in Hull called Amazing Fantasy, owned by Paul Eke. Bass, go check it out. But sometimes I can't get there (well, my dad is the one that gets em for me, he works in Hull), so otherwise I have to go to Forbidden Planet in Sheffield. Big chain comic store.
So, where do y'all go?

Henks Manga and Comic Store on the Zeedijk near Centraal Station in Amsterdam, or on occasion Vandal ComX on the Rozengracht, also Amsterdam.

Cashman's Comics in Bay City, MI for my weekly stuff.

Comic Relief in Flint, MI for back issues and harder to find things.

eBay when I'm desparate.

Amazing Fantasy Books in Tinley Park, IL, and once I went to the bigger AF Books in Frankfort.

I to a place in Springfield, IL called The Comic Service it takes me 30 minutes to get to Springfield so I only go once a month but I'm one of his best costumers and the man that runs it always saves hard to get issues I always buy for me

Shop called Sub City in Dublin. There's a few other shops around but I think this one's the best.

I get them from a guy in Los Vegas. For select titles and ordering graphic novels i go to a local Little Professor bookcenter. And some other paperbacks at a B.Dolton.

for me its "ML Comics" in theinsville, which is a nice place where i get 10% off my stuff since i'm a regular.

Whatever ain't there I pick up at Collector's Edge Comics, a four-store chain of Comic shops in Milwaukee.

Gotham Comics, Auckland. Owned by a cool guy named Jeremy Bishop and he was even acknowledged in the Buzzboy TPB.

www.comics.co.nz

THe Gaming Dungeon (Lord what a bad name) in Washington PA. Since I'm a regular, with quite an extensive list I get between 15-30% off, depending on company and status of the product.

Any of you pennsylvanias on the board should stop on by, even though you all live on the other side of the state.

I get mine at Newbury Comics.

Question: how many of you guys immediately bag and file your comics into boxes after you read them (even if you take them out again for repeated readings)? Because I do that, and my copy of USM #1 is pretty valuable these days. I have 200 something issues of comics that are worth more than what I bought them for (even if it's only by like 50 cents or a dollar).

I used to go to a place called CCHQ (Central Comic Headquarters) when I returned to comics in 2001, which was located on Katipunan Avenue opposite the Ateneo de Manila campus and not too far from my current college.

Soon after it closed doors, my pull list was relocated to Meow Meow in Greenbelt, but then that place closed too but the staff moved to CATS in Market Market, located in Fort Bonifacio which is a little out of my travel path.

Unfortunately, it's too difficult to travel there, so normally I have compound pick up my stuff for me and I get them from him when we hang out every other weekend or so.

I'm not sure how many Filipinos are on this board other than cmdrjanjalani and compound who would know the stores I'm referring to, but hey.

ultimatedjf said:
Question: how many of you guys immediately bag and file your comics into boxes after you read them (even if you take them out again for repeated readings)? Because I do that, and my copy of USM #1 is pretty valuable these days. I have 200 something issues of comics that are worth more than what I bought them for (even if it's only by like 50 cents or a dollar).

Depends on how good the issue is. If it's REALLY good, I'll keep it out and re-read it every once in a while. I usually read every book I buy at least twice, so for the most part they get filed away a few days or so after I get them.

I get mine from mailordercomics. They have great discounts, which is why I'm able to get as many titles as I do.

I go to my local Comic shop, "Heroes and Villains" for evrything. They don't have the best back-issue selection but they have used trades for cheap which I buy a lot of.

Latest posts

Back