Where to get digital comics?

thin_spirit

Ok,

I just retired from the Marine Corp. While i was away my mother either sold my whole collection or just got rid of it. I am wondering what is the best method of getting digital comics? Torrent sites and the like? I am really looking forward to getting back into the game

Well I get mine from ComiXology. New comics are the same price as the comic shops. Older comics are $1.99 and every Monday they Have a .99 cent sale.

Ok,

I just retired from the Marine Corp. While i was away my mother either sold my whole collection or just got rid of it. I am wondering what is the best method of getting digital comics? Torrent sites and the like? I am really looking forward to getting back into the game

Welcome!

It kind of depends on whatever convictions you have about art and artists being compensated for their work.

If you want to do things the right way, you should buy comics via Comixology. New issues cost the same as printed versions (around $3-4/issue or around $24 for a trade) but Comixology runs sales on Mondays and Fridays on select older issues. Sometimes older issues drop to around $2/issue.

If you don't have any personal convictions about buying, then yes, torrents are a method of getting comics. New scans usually go up very quickly, and pretty much any older issues you could think of can be found in one place or another.

We don't allow linking of torrent sites (since it's illegal) in the forum here, so we can't really tell you specifically where to go. But they are all over the place.

Another option is Marvel Unlimited, which for a monthly fee allows you full access to thousands and thousands of comics on demand. I believe it is $10/month. It's pretty cool, but is only available for Marvel. Comixology announced they would be doing something similar, but haven't said how much, what will be available, or who will be participating. Marvel Unlimited is, well, limited to comics around 6 months and older - no new comics.

Comixology announced they would be doing something similar, but haven't said how much, what will be available, or who will be participating.
REALLY? That's cool.

Marvel Unlimited is, well, limited to comics around 6 months and older - no new comics.

HA!

I'm actually a strong advocate for Marvel Comics Unlimited. A couple of times I have impulse purchased $50-100 on comixology back issues. Marvel Unlimited pretty much has them all for the flat rate. It costs $75ish for the year ($85ish Canadian), which is much cheaper than a monthly subscription.

Latest posts

Back