Which Alien film do you like the most?

Which Alien film do you like the most?

• Total voters

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I see quite a lot of discussion about this on other message boards and I thought it would be an interesting poll.

Which of the quadrilogy do you like the most: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 or Alien: Resurrection?

Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem don't count.

Alien and Aliens edited together into one giant film would be the greatest thing ever.

I prefer the first Alien. I like the feel and design of it. I think the aliens work best in the claustrophobic, horror atmosphere presented in the first film. If you're watching Alien with the volume turned up and all the lights turned off, you're likely to perspire. And Ash as a character is frightening as hell. I also liked that the technology was less conventional and more realistic than most science fiction movies.

The xenomorph is less threatening in the second movie because there's a whole colony of them and they're up against marines. Aliens did introduce a lot of cool things though, like Bishop and the Queen, and sadly, this movie is where the series stops getting interesting in my opinion.

Last edited:
I voted Alien.

Alien. I love the feel of this one. It's like your "Halloween" "Psycho" and other slasher/horrors but set in a science fiction future. It works it has everything a horror should have. It had strong characters, It had great atmosphere, the right amount of blood and death. This film really is a "Oh my god what the **** was that?" type film. I loved that.

The sequels I hated. Aliens started the reason I only like Alien. In stead of been "Oh my god what the **** was that?" It was more "Meh I killed another one" In fact I'm hardly sure the alien in alien is same type. As Alien he was sneaky, He was relentless , He was intimating. The aliens we seen in aliens are dumber , they die way too easy. They are not intimidating as all the fear disappeared when we see multiple ones die

That's my problem. If Aliens was the first film it could be a cool action series. But the shift from horror to action is just not what made Alien great. I can even excuse AvP for been action as the 2 both been stealthy like in alien and in predator wouldn't be the big ass battle you wanted. BUT Aliens and the rest the shift is just a bad one to me and destroys what a great horror series it could have been.

The thought of anyone voting for Alien 3 or Resurrection is beyond me.

But. Dude. Aliens. Seriously. It's one of the top five action movies of all time. I mean, Alien is a great movie, but I can watch Aliens endlessly and constantly enjoy it.

But. Dude. Aliens. Seriously. It's one of the top five action movies of all time. I mean, Alien is a great movie, but I can watch Aliens endlessly and constantly enjoy it.

Aliens is one of the top action movies of all time, but Alien is one of the top horror movies of all time.

It's one of the top five action movies of all time.

• Rambo : First blood
  • Die Hard
  • Terminator 2
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • Kill Bill
  • Die Harder
  • First blood part II

All better action films and that's just a few

• Die Hard
  • Terminator 2
  • Kill Bill
  • Die Harder
  • First blood part II

Indiana Jones is an adventure film. Huge difference.

• Die Hard
  • Terminator 2
  • Kill Bill
  • Die Harder
  • First blood part II

Actually it's Action/Adventure there for it's both.

:roll: Okay, Mole.

But Action/Adventure is a completely different genre. That puts all the Indie films in a different category. The thought of putting Die Hard 2 anywhere on a list of top action movies is just laughable, though Die Hard is indisputably the best action film ever made. Aliens would sit number two on my list, right after Die Hard and just a hair ahead of T2.

I wanted one of you freaks to vote for Alien Resurrection so I could shake my head.

I'm pretty familiar with the films, but need to see them all again. We own the Quadrillogy set but haven't actually watched them yet. From memory, I like Aliens the most, but the concept of Alien is the best and I'm really looking forward to seeing it again. Aliens is also probably the definitive example of why animatronics are so much better than CGI(the Alien ****ing Queen).

3 is the only one I don't really know. I saw it once when I was like 6. I really liked Resurrection though, having seen it two or three times.

Tangent: My cousin and I were setting up for our joint 16th big family birthday party one August night as they were doing a double feature of Aliens and Resurrection on TV. This was also the month leading up to AVP, and I got him Predator for his birthday and we watched it the next day. When we saw AVP we'd been so psyched up, and it was awesome. All this was awesome.

Latest posts

Back