Which one first?

Which one should I buy first?

• Total voters

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Which one should I buy first? V For Vendetta or Watchmen? They're both classics - both brilliant, and now I'm getting my own copies.

So, which one should I buy first? Why?

ProjectX2 said:
Which one should I buy first? V For Vendetta or Watchmen? They're both classics - both brilliant, and now I'm getting my own copies.

Watchmen, because it takes longer to read.

I've actually never read either, but heard more good about Watchman (although I've also heard both are excellent). So I'd recommend Watchman. The only real reason to get V For Vendetta before it would because of the upcoming film (if you want to compare it or just general interest).

Get Watchmen.

If you read V For Vendetta it will make you want to see the movie. Then you will hate the movie (Most likely). Don't set yourself up for that sort of disapointment. The Watchemen! (I need to get my own copy, too...)

ProjectX2 said:

I was about to post something like this. I'm thinking watchmen since there's a movie for the other one.

V for Vendetta!

I find V more enjoyable because it is more passionnate and emotionnaly engaging.

Watchmen is better crafted and a great story but V is just a more thrilling read IMO.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
V for Vendetta!

I find V for enjoyable because it is more passionnate and emotionnaly engaging.

Watchmen is better crafted and a great story but V is just a more thrilling read IMO.
I agree. V also hits a few extra notes on the totolitarian goverment present in the book wich people may or may not compair to the Bush administration. Personaly I can't wait till someone I know says that so I can point out that it was written in the early 80s. I'm a dick like that.

Well, my comic shop currently has Watchmen on reorder and only one copy of V For Vendetta left. If I get in quick, I'll get V For Vendetta with the Serenity trade. Then I'll get Watchmen with Runaways Vol. 5 when it comes out.

ProjectX2 said:
Well, my comic shop currently has Watchmen on reorder and only one copy of V For Vendetta left. If I get in quick, I'll get V For Vendetta with the Serenity trade. Then I'll get Watchmen with Runaways Vol. 5 when it comes out.

Yeah, you can't really go wrong either way. Both are great.

Ice said:
Im borrowing Watchmen from my friend. Haven't read it yet, though.

Watchmen has one of the best endings I've ever read in a comic.

Latest posts

Back