Which Punisher movie do you prefer?

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #2 preview art released

Speaking of punisher.

Which Punisher movie do you prefure? and which would you say honestly is the truest to the comic?

As I have not read comic I can't say which is close to comics.

I like the second punisher movie the best with john travolta. I do enjoy the original one but I honestly think the second is the stronger of the two movies.

I never saw the first one, but the latest one was pretty cool.

ProjectX2 said:
I never saw the first one, but the latest one was pretty cool.

Trust me! You didn't miss much. The guy had like two lines and the rest of the time he just shot people. I think with the same gun, the whole time. The 2004 one was much better. I'm hope Punisher II is better than the first one.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
I preferred the new version as well...The first one wasn't a terrible movie, but Dolph Lundgren was pretty wooden in his acting, as usual, so it was kind of painful to watch at certain parts...but it was the late 80's, what do you want?

Yah, a lot of the 80's movies sucked. There were some good ones but most of them sucked.

the watcher said:
Yah, a lot of the 80's movies sucked. There were some good ones but most of them sucked.

Well, it was mainly the 80's slasher/horror and action/shoot-'em-ups that sucked...this tried very hard to be the latter of the two, and was very hard to take seriously at points. The story was nothing special, totally expected and predictable (oh God, I'm starting to sound like Houde!). And like I said, it starred Dolph Lundgren.

The new one, easy. I didn't even mind the fact that it took place in Tampa. Might've had something to do with the fact that I was attending USF while it was being filmed, who can say ;).

Now, a couple of guys I work with swear by the 80s version, but I just don't see what so special about it. It screams generic 80s action flick.

Latest posts

Back