Who do you think is the greatest Spidey Voice actor?

the watcher

I wanted to do a poll but, for some reason I can't. So I'll ask this here.

Who is the greatest Voice actor that has provided the voice for Spider-Man.

Christopher Daniel Barnes - Spider-Man (1994)

Rino Romano - Spider-Man Unlimited (1999)

Neil Patrick Harris - Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (2003)

Josh Keaton - The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008 )

Dan Gilvezan - Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981)

Sean Marquette - Ultimate Spider-Man: The Video Game (2005)

Quinton Flynn - Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2006)

Mike Vaughn - Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (2008 )

Tobey Maguire - Spider-Man 2: The Video Game (2004)

Paul Soles - Spider-Man (1967)

James Arnold Taylor - Spider-Man: Friend or Foe (2007)

Benjamin Diskin - Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

Ted Schwartz - Spider-Man (1981)

Patrick Chilvers - Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of the Super Heroes (1998 )

Christopher Gordon - Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects (2005)

Geoff Boothby - Spider-Woman: Agent of S.W.O.R.D. {motion comic} (2009)

To hear voice clips go here: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Spider-Man/Spider-Man/

Last edited:
Christopher Daniel Barnes. I'm currently re-watching the 90's SPIDER-MAN on Netflix, and I realized that I still use his voice more or less whenever I read Spidey.

Christopher Daniel Barnes or Josh Keaton for me. They both did a similar thing, but Keaton probably sounded a little bit more human and not as overblown as Barnes. NPH was okay; maybe a bit too trendy (like the whole MTV series in general).

It should be said that Tobey Maguire did a decent job voicing the games (especially the first two) and his performance was completely different to what it was like in the movies (much more easygoing and comedic, like the character of the comics).

Christopher Daniel Barnes. I'm currently re-watching the 90's SPIDER-MAN on Netflix, and I realized that I still use his voice more or less whenever I read Spidey.

This is how I feel too.

Christopher Daniel Barnes or Josh Keaton for me. They both did a similar thing, but Keaton probably sounded a little bit more human and not as overblown as Barnes.

I feel the same. So when I'm reading, I use Christopher Daniel Barnes voice for the Marvel Peter Parker and I use the voice of Josh Keaton for the Ultimate Peter Parker. (I know he's dead, but I still hoping for him to show up in flashbacks or for Marvel to do a "Untold Tales of the Ultimate Universe" series.)

Christopher Daniel Barnes' take is pretty memorable, especially when he says Peter's thoughts out loud, but the Peter Parker from that TV series doesn't really feel like Peter Parker to me. Peter should be nerdier. The Peter in that animated series just seemed like a normal guy.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, any arguments against Christopher Daniel Barnes as not being geeky or nerdy enough are moot when you consider that he's playing an ADULT Spider-Man. So as far as 616 Spider-Man graduated from college a handful of years ago and has grown out of his nebbish loser-ness then Barnes works for me.

As far as I'm concerned, any arguments against Christopher Daniel Barnes as not being geeky or nerdy enough are moot when you consider that he's playing an ADULT Spider-Man. So as far as 616 Spider-Man graduated from college a handful of years ago and has grown out of his nebbish loser-ness then Barnes works for me.

Exactly. There were a few episodes that flashed back to Peter's high school days and he was totally a nerd there. But the series was set after he'd finished college, so there was no need for him to fit into a high school stereotype anymore.

I mean Neil Patrick Harris would be easy to say but I like him more for his current stuff than actually being Spider-Man. I'd have to say Christopher Daniel Barnes is my favorite because I watched pretty much every Spider-Man episode when I was a kid and it was great. Josh Keaton and Sean Marquette both do fine jobs though.

I still think that his voice in that series was too over-the-top.

That whole series flew in the face of subtlety though. It was a loud, bombastically proud, adorably cheap 1990s toy commercial show. Every voice actor in it was over the top, even Aunt May.

Latest posts

Back