Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Miracleman/Marvelman

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Hyperion

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Sentry

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
I like the Sentry because he has more internal conflict than other Superman like characters. I also really liked the revealation that he wasn't destined for this. It just happened to him.

P.S. I'm a bit of a DC hater.

Last edited:
The character of the Sentry is much deeper than Superman; there's nothing to Superman. No conflict. He can do anything. It's kind of boring.

But it's moot, because Miracleman is the best.

Those of you who claim that Superman has no depth or conflict have never read a Superman story, at least not a good one. Just because a character is "crazy" doesn't mean they have deep internal conflict. It just means that the writers are too lazy to write an actual character, so they're trying to fool you into thinking that mental problems make a character interesting.

moonmaster said:
Those of you who claim that Superman has no depth or conflict have never read a Superman story, at least not a good one. Just because a character is "crazy" doesn't mean they have deep internal conflict. It just means that the writers are too lazy to write an actual character, so they're trying to fool you into thinking that mental problems make a character interesting.
And yet, Sentry still beats out Superman.

moonmaster said:
No, he doesn't.
Oh yeah he does. I lost interest in Superman cuz there wasn't anything interesting about him anymore. It was just boring with him. Sentry is different. Better character all around.

Ice said:
Oh yeah he does. I lost interest in Superman cuz there wasn't anything interesting about him anymore. It was just boring with him. Sentry is different. Better character all around.
*shakes head*

I pity you.

Ice said:
See, if they had stopped with the initial Sentry mini I'd agree, but the hoops they're jumping through to try and make him a regular player in the marvel universe have soured me on the character.

Superman's problem is too many writers try to do something new and diffrent, bringing in the next new big villian, or worse ideas (Magog...) instaed of doing stories that he works best in like what Morrison is writting. Good old fashioned silver age yarns that just make you smile. Now I can see how this approach might not work in a regular monthly book anymore, but then you've got what was easily thier best idea in years, President Lex, and ended up using it more as a Bat-villian than anything else. (the Checkmate-Batman stories that Rucka did were some great stuff though.)

moonmaster said:

I've read *a* good one - All-Star Superman. At least it's good so far. But I'm basing my vote on the character, not how good or bad he's been written. An all-powerful man whose only weakness is an alien mineral is profoundly dull.

Latest posts

Back