Who is the faster Speedster?

• Quicksilver

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Hurricane

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DIrishB said:
I don't know...Quicksilver...because he's got better hair.

The hair is good, but I only ask because It took quicksilver about an hour to run from the savage land to Washington (Ultimate X-Men #6). It took Hurricane like, a minute to get from NYC to the white house, who's faster?

(remember the savage land is in the pacific ocean 7,000 mi from the nearest American shore, which is California,and another 3,000 mi to cross the US)

Hawkeye101 said:
The hair is good, but I only ask because It took quicksilver about an hour to run from the savage land to Washington (Ultimate X-Men #6). It took Hurricane like, a minute to get from NYC to the white house, who's faster?

(remember the savage land is in the pacific ocean 7,000 mi from the nearest American shore, which is California,and another 3,000 mi to cross the US)

I don't think thats a fair assessment as we don't know it took Quicksilver an hour to get there, nor how long it took Hurricane to get there (or do we?).

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
I don't think thats a fair assessment as we don't know it took Quicksilver an hour to get there, nor how long it took Hurricane to get there (or do we?).

Millar/Hitch made it seem like it only took a few minutes/moments. And I only said an hour because that seemed like the time frame to me as I read it, in reality as far as we're concerned, anyone could have interpreted it as fifteen minutes or even two hours, it's really anyone's opinion, so I asked.

Last edited:
I think it's better to wait until we learn what Hurricane actually is first...

I'm guessing they'll end up being reasonably even matched.

That's kind of the point, with the liberator being anti-ultimates and all.

It's also possible that if the distance is longer from Savage Land to USA that Quicksilver 'jogged' it like it were a marathon, while Hurrican might have sprinted over a shorter distance.

Not sure - but I'm guessing Hurricane is faster, but Quicksilver is more experienced.

ProjectX2 said:
I think it's better to wait until we learn what Hurricane actually is first...

you mean how her powers work (i.e. going with the city of heroes groupings, science, technology, mutant, natural, magical)? Or her origins?

Millar wrote each story, He's been writing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch from day one. We could look at it as Millar writing a story, would Millar write up a villain who is faster than Quicksilver, and if so whats the perpose, where is Millar going with Quicksilver and Hurricane as characters in this particular story? Why pick Quicksilver's ability to copy? I can understand wanting to copy cap, thor, and Iron man? But why bug-control? Why not the giant-formula? Or even calling in boomerang or bullseye to counter-hawkeye? Or why no someone in magic to counter the Scarlet Witch? Why copy quicksilver's abilities? Millar is going somewhere with this, and speculating the faster of the two might give some insight.

Hawkeye101 said:
Millar wrote each story, He's been writing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch from day one. We could look at it as Millar writing a story, would Millar write up a villain who is faster than Quicksilver, and if so whats the perpose, where is Millar going with Quicksilver and Hurricane as characters in this particular story? Why pick Quicksilver's ability to copy? I can understand wanting to copy cap, thor, and Iron man? But why bug-control? Why not the giant-formula? Or even calling in boomerang or bullseye to counter-hawkeye? Or why no someone in magic to counter the Scarlet Witch? Why copy quicksilver's abilities? Millar is going somewhere with this, and speculating the faster of the two might give some insight.

Witchy, me thinks you're looking into this waaaaaaaaay too much.

Patriot Mk2 said:
Witchy, me thinks you're looking into this waaaaaaaaay too much.

just vote and hand over your opinion

(I should've added Northstar to the choises)

Last edited:
If for no other reason, Quiksilver is a better speedster because of his experience at high speeds.

Hawkeye101 said:

Well, considering NYC and DC are both on the east coast of the US, Hurricane really isn't too impresive........ and Quicksilver ran across 7000 miles of water, and 3000 miles of land in under an hour..... I'd say that is pretty impresive......

So the Mutant get's my vote

Bass said:
It's also possible that if the distance is longer from Savage Land to USA that Quicksilver 'jogged' it like it were a marathon, while Hurrican might have sprinted over a shorter distance.

Beautiful, Bass. You always have a way with figuring stuff like this out. So basically, it would all depend on how much effort the speedster puts into it.

Latest posts

Back