Who Loves Archie Comics?

Who Loves Archie Comics?

• Total voters
I loved Archie comics but not the Archie ones (not read them but watched cartoon.) After I got in to the tv show Sabrina, the Teenage Witch when it was first out I did buy a couple of her Archie comics.

Loved them.

Jughead is the shiznit.

I have a cast in mind to play the entire Riverdale gang if they were forty years old.

I like Archie comics and every now and then I'll get a Digest or two. They're really versatile characters and seeing some of the crazy crap they've done over the eyars is great, like their weird mysteries and super powers and Wacky Races eras. Fantastic.

Plus, Mark Waid used to write them.

Archie is the ost underused property going. I mean walk up to anyone and show them a picture of Archie, Betty, Veronica or Jughead and they'll know who they are. But where do we find Archies? Supermarket Checkouts. And I bet any one of their double digests would outsell any given comic. Someone buys them. Little kids probably. But they're always at the supermarket with mom...

Archie is the ost underused property going. I mean walk up to anyone and show them a picture of Archie, Betty, Veronica or Jughead and they'll know who they are. But where do we find Archies? Supermarket Checkouts. And I bet any one of their double digests would outsell any given comic. Someone buys them. Little kids probably. But they're always at the supermarket with mom...

I've never bought an ARchie from the comic shop (except Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutrtles, which kicked ***!), I always get them from the grocery store.

Compound's idea for this rocked the socks.

Dammit, I want to know where Jughead got that ****ing hat!!!

Also:

bettyandme16.jpg

That is all.

Archie is my ****ing hero.

Seriously.

Who else can say that he has beaten the piss outta all men who dare step between him and his 2 women? 2 women! That want him. And have sexy catfights to be with me--ahem---Archie.

no offense to anyone:

people that buys these are blond haired, blued white Christiansen that believe "spidy and batman are too violent for there kids. while Archie teaches them true morels" that is almost an exact quote of what I was told when I asked someone why not get spidy or batman...

no offense to anyone:

people that buys these are blond haired, blued white Christiansen that believe "spidy and batman are too violent for there kids. while Archie teaches them true morels" that is almost an exact quote of what I was told when I asked someone why not get spidy or batman...
These are the people who believe that after school specials are quality TV programming.

no offense to anyone:

Especially when the values of each character in Archie isn't exactly something you'd try to teach your kids.

Reggie - Vanity, coveting, money can buy anything and fix all problems
Jughead - Is there a bigger example of gluttony?
Veronica - Same as Reggie....only with promiscuity
Betty - Slut. Underage canoodling!
Miss Grundy - she wants to physically abuse minors
Moose - Is dumb as one yet is what a high school senior? Is he saying that as long as you're good in sports you can get by on life because everyone takes cae of athletes?

For shame. For shame.

Moose - Is dumb as one yet is what a high school senior? Is he saying that as long as you're good in sports you can get by on life because everyone takes cae of athletes?
More than once, they've attributed Moose's 'dumbness' to dyslexia or a learning disability, and then we get this warm fuzzy feeling that yes he too can be smart with the right glasses or therapy. Then they'd completely ignore that in that special no-continuity way that only Archie Comics can do.

I thought that was stupid, because while it is true that people may be held back by learning disabilities, you can't do that by denying the existence of people who are held back for SIMPLY BEING DUMB.

Just like how some supervillains are born jerks, some people are just born dumb. Dem's the breaks.

Compound's idea for this rocked the socks.
????
It was a loose fan fic concept that I posted in an idea-sharing thread, which has since been deleted. But it involved 'soft' time-travel and wormholes and deconstruction of Kennedy era optimism as well as McCarthyism. Kinda Pleasantville-ish, but not.

I saved a copy of it, I'm pretty sure. But I'm not home right now, so I can't look for it, just yet. I'll re-post it in this thread before Monday, at the latest.

Latest posts

Back