Who was the best Batman actor?

Who is your favorite live action Batman movie Actor?

• Lewis Wilson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robert Lowery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam West

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Ben Affleck

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Robert Pattinson

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters
This is hard. I think Bale played the best Bruce Wayne. I think Keaton had the best voice. I think Affleck had the best suit. I think Pattinson is the closest to the prime version.

Overall I keep coming back to Keaton, but I don't know if he's the best. I just like him the most I suppose.

Yeah, Kevin Conroy would dominate the listing.

IMO Deciding this comes down to the most recent three as Spider-Man
Bale, like Tobey, is the one with the best movies and history
Andrew and Affleck have the best suit and are generally the best version of Spider-Man and Batman. (the best Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker are Bale and Tobey)
And finally, the two most recent have proven to be great but I think it is too early to call them "the best" they are the ones that have the most potential to be the definitive one.
Personally my favorite movie Batman is Bale, as with Bryan Singer's X-Men and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is the version of Batman I grew up with.

I went with Pattinson, it feels a bit basic to go with the most recent Batman but I just really appreciated how he protrayed Bruce Wayne/Batman as a flawed and damaged individual rather than going for "badass" like most interpretations I see. i also like how the movie ended with Batman
getting involved in a rescue operation and doing generic hero stuff,
it felt like a reconstruction of a character who has been deconstructed so many time

There are aspects I like from most of the actors, but I have to go with Bale. Pattinson would probably be a close 2nd and Affleck 3rd.

I went with Affleck but it was a toss up between him and Bale. Pattinson is good but I'll wait for The Batman - Part II to see just how good.

Edit: I think whoever voted for Clooney is just trollin'

What's wrong with that?superhero movies from before the 2000s aren't as interesting as the ones that started in the early 2000s
I... what
I just thought it's one of those movies everybody's watched like Star Wars or Indy
You just have it in the back of your mind from birth lol
Don't agree on the interesting part AT ALL, but everyone should have their own opinion and I respect that

Yo que
Solo pensé que es una de esas películas que todos han visto como Star Wars o Indy.
Simplemente lo tienes en el fondo de tu mente desde que naciste jajaja
No estoy de acuerdo en NADA en la parte interesante, pero todos deberían tener su propia opinión y lo respeto.
No creo que Batman y Batman Returns encajen en esa categoría de películas que todos deberían haber visto como Star Wars o Superman 78 o The Dark Knight.
Son buenos, pero tampoco son tan malos.

I... what
I just thought it's one of those movies everybody's watched like Star Wars or Indy
You just have it in the back of your mind from birth lol
Don't agree on the interesting part AT ALL, but everyone should have their own opinion and I respect that
With the part about superheroes prior to the 2000s, I was referring to the cinema in general. The only two from DC that I would rescue are Superman the movie, which is a masterpiece, and Batman 89.
The rest of DC productions prior to the 2000s go from bad to forgettable or normal like swamp thing or superman ii or batman returns or batman & Robin.
There were more bad or regular projects than good ones, the same with Marvel, prior to 2000 I would only highlight The Amazing Spider-man from 1977 and nothing else.
The productions of those years did not have as much budget as those that came later and the companies did not take them very seriously, they only saw them as a way to sell toys as we saw the case of Burton who when he moved away from this idea was fired.
Already in the early 2000s, studios bet more on superhero movies and there were directors who gave more than toys, they gave a cinematographic vision of these heroes, Sam Raimi with his Spider-man trilogy and Christopher Nolan with his Batman trilogy.
That they returned to the heroes their true essence, there are also superman returns, Xmen, etc etc.
Not all of them are good but at least there were more bets on different heroes like daredevil or elektra or blade or punisher or constantine

Voted...as the probable ranking old-timer on these boards (45 years on this planet), I grew up with re-runs of the 1966 version of Batman and own the film and all the episodes to this day. I LOVE Adam West. Was he the best? He was the best for his time, but not the best overall.

I voted Christian Bale. The dude is the Daniel Craig of the bunch: had the looks, the talent, the voice, the understanding. I like Affleck a lot but dude comes across like he's mailing it in. Kilmer is underrated. Clooney? F**k outta here with him.

Pattinson was a good bit of both but feels a touch too youthful and didn't have the grittiness to him.

Latest posts

Back