Why Hammerhead?

I know 616 means the original Marvel Universe...but what the hell is "616" suppose to mean or represent?

Russian Tank said:
I know 616 means the original Marvel Universe...but what the hell is "616" suppose to mean or represent?
Its generally agreed upon that the number 616 is completely arbitrary, and suggests that mainstream Marvel continuity is no more important or less important than any other alternative parallel reality.

However, the more numerologically obsessed have noticed that 61/6 can stand for May 1961, the date that marks the first issue of Fantastic Four and the official beginning of the Marvel Comics that constitute the shared continuity of the Marvel universe.

ourchair said:
Its generally agreed upon that the number 616 is completely arbitrary, and suggests that mainstream Marvel continuity is no more important or less important than any other alternative parallel reality.

However, the more numerologically obsessed have noticed that 61/6 can stand for May 1961, the date that marks the first issue of Fantastic Four and the official beginning of the Marvel Comics that constitute the shared continuity of the Marvel universe.
We get that question so much from noobs, that it SHOULD be in the FAQ!

Anyways, back to Hammerhead.

Wow, I never knew what the numbers actually meant, but, hey, that makes sense!

Well, yes, back to Hammerhead... It was said by someone, I can't remember who, that he is now likely more mutant than he is human. Does this theory hold any water? I'm not talking about speculation, is this concrete?

GMaster said:
Aww, go read some DC.

Shut yo mouth. DC stands for dumb 'see you next teusday'. And I don't care what he JLA vs. Avengers say, Thor would rip Super-Man a new one.

Last edited:
Hawkeye101 said:
Shut yo mouth. DC stands for dumb 'see you nect teusday'. And I don't care what he JLA vs. Avengers say, Thor would rip Super-Man a new one.

:D

:rockon:

Latest posts

Back