Why Hammerhead?

The Overlord

Why is Hammerhead going to be the rival crime boss in the Warriors arc? I thought he died back in Ultimate X-Men. Besides I was never impressed with Hammerhead as a crime boss, the flat head makes him look a **** Tracey villain and he always seemed pretty much like a nickle and dime punk.
I wonder why they just didn't Ultimate Silvermane instead?

Last edited:
Ultimate Silvermane...Nah. I'm not a regular reader of Ultimate Spider-Man, but (I don't thgink this ahs already happened) they need to keep Silvermane (if he ahsnt already appeared) and use him for the cool storyline that happened in the original Amazing Spider-Man, with a new twist, where Silvermane gets turned into a little baby from the Stone that gave him Youth. Wher ehe captured Doc Connors. That was quite a good arc.
I agree though, Hammerhead does suck, and he looks so damn stupid.

Didn't Silvermane die in the first Doc Ock arc?

Also, why bring back Hammerhead? Because the UU has no continuity errors.

Yeah.

GMaster said:
Ultimate Silvermane...Nah. I'm not a regular reader of Ultimate Spider-Man, but (I don't thgink this ahs already happened) they need to keep Silvermane (if he ahsnt already appeared) and use him for the cool storyline that happened in the original Amazing Spider-Man, with a new twist, where Silvermane gets turned into a little baby from the Stone that gave him Youth. Wher ehe captured Doc Connors. That was quite a good arc.
I agree though, Hammerhead does suck, and he looks so damn stupid.
Well, we've already had the Ultimate Tablet with Elektra, Kingpin, and The Black Cat. It got busted up.

Bass said:

Yeah.
That was Justin hammer, an Ultimized Iron Man villian. Yeah.

Baxter said:
Well, we've already had the Ultimate Tablet with Elektra, Kingpin, and The Black Cat. It got busted up.

That was Justin hammer, an Ultimized Iron Man villian. Yeah.

Like I said, I havnt read Ultimate spidey in ages, so I didn't know bout the tablet thing. And Silvermane wasn't involved with the tablet? Man that sucks.

Bass said:

Yeah.

That was Justin Hammer who died in the Doc Ock arc, not Silvermane.

The Overlord said:
That was Justin Hammer who died in the Doc Ock arc, not Silvermane.
As I said. 2 posts ago. Am I even showing up? Hello? Is there anybody in there? Is there anyone at home?

If they already used the tablet arc, Silvermane should have been the rival crime boss because he is a far more realstic and interesting crime boss (well until they made him a stupid cyborg in 616 MU) then Hammerhead, who looks like Flat Top from **** Tracey. Besides I always thought Silvermane turning into a baby in 616 MU was one the most lame and silly things I had ever seen
and it really would not have worked in UU.

Silvermane was always Kingpin's main criminal rival in 616 MU and using him in the Warriors arc wouldn't have brought up the continuity errors that using Hammerhead will create. I think Bendis dropped the ball with Hammerhead.

Besides I think Silvermane would have had a more interesting realationship with Kingpin then Hammerhead, especially if they presented Silvermane as the guy who was once the big crime boss in NYC until Kingpin took the top spot from him and now Silvermane is out for revenge.

Baxter said:
As I said. 2 posts ago. Am I even showing up? Hello? Is there anybody in there? Is there anyone at home?

Hey man, relax, its not the end of the world if the same point is posted twice.

I agree, Hammerhead smells like fat mens underpants.

But then, who else could go up against Fisky? Hammer is dead, Silvermane is a possibility, but then again, wasn't he more of a scientific madman than a criminal mastermind? What about the Rose? I actually quite liked him, what with the white suit and the creepy mask and all. A more powerful version of Tombstone?

Fuzzy Birds said:
I agree, Hammerhead smells like fat mens underpants.

But then, who else could go up against Fisky? Hammer is dead, Silvermane is a possibility, but then again, wasn't he more of a scientific madman than a criminal mastermind? What about the Rose? I actually quite liked him, what with the white suit and the creepy mask and all. A more powerful version of Tombstone?

What are you talking about, Silvermane was an old school Italian mobster, not a mad scientist. Rose is Richard Fisk and I think he should play a behind the scenes role in the gang war instead of being up front, without the rose ID. However I think Kingpin should go against Silvermane as the main rival.

The Overlord said:
What are you talking about, Silvermane was an old school Italian mobster, not a mad scientist. Rose is Richard Fisk and I think he should play a behind the scenes role in the gang war instead of being up front, without the rose ID. However I think Kingpin should go against Silvermane as the main rival.

Ah right thanks for that, I'm getting Silvermane confused with someone else. :?

The Overlord said:
Hey man, relax, its not the end of the world if the same point is posted twice.
It's becoming habit with me though. I could probably find 5 examples in the last week alone of me posting something, then someone else doing the same and getting the nod. It's getting on my nerves.

wow, this thread is all messed up....

as others mentioned, it was hammer NOT silvermane that died....
hammerhead is pressumably dead, but we all know that by now him getting his head blown off was just a setup. If you know anything about hammerhead, he will more than likely get the surgery done to get the alloy to give him his "hammer-like head" he didnt have that back in ult x-men from what i understand.

the tablet was not smashed, it was just thrown in the river.....im sure that isnt the last we have seen of it either, despite what other posters say on here, i no doubt feel it will be of importance again..

You guys have to realize, if Bendis doesnt switch stuff up a bit, he is basically stealing from those before him....reading the same story again and again is what the marvel age series is for..

why hammerhead? why not....he was used briefly and his character needs to be expanded upon...read the gang war arc in amazing spider-man, it features hammerhead and instead of doc ock vs hammerhead, it looks like kingpin vs hammerhead right now...

The Captain said:
wow, this thread is all messed up....

as others mentioned, it was hammer NOT silvermane that died....
hammerhead is pressumably dead, but we all know that by now him getting his head blown off was just a setup. If you know anything about hammerhead, he will more than likely get the surgery done to get the alloy to give him his "hammer-like head" he didnt have that back in ult x-men from what i understand.

the tablet was not smashed, it was just thrown in the river.....im sure that isnt the last we have seen of it either, despite what other posters say on here, i no doubt feel it will be of importance again..

You guys have to realize, if Bendis doesnt switch stuff up a bit, he is basically stealing from those before him....reading the same story again and again is what the marvel age series is for..

why hammerhead? why not....he was used briefly and his character needs to be expanded upon...read the gang war arc in amazing spider-man, it features hammerhead and instead of doc ock vs hammerhead, it looks like kingpin vs hammerhead right now...

Actually despite silvermane being Kingpin's rival, I'm not sure if they ever had a full blown gang war between the two gangsters in 616 MU, so using Silvermane would not really be just be stealing from 616 MU.

Besides none of this changes the fact that Hammerhead is a silly character who looks like Flat head and comes across as a nickle and dime punk, he looks more like a enforcer than a crime boss. In 616 MU Doc Ock kicked Hammerhead's butt in a gang war and he isn't a career mobster, how is Hammerhead supposed to present a threat to the Kingpin?

As for expanding on Hammerhead's character, there is not much to expand on. In 616 MU he was just a head case who thought he was living in a 1930s gangster movie, he doesn't even remember his real name. Unlike other Ultimate characters, hammerhead has no interesting 616 back ground that could be adapted or even altered in the Ultmate Universe, Bendis would have pull a miracle to make Hammerhead interesting. Besides did Hammerhead show any signs of intelligence in the X-Men arc that make him a worthy threat to the Kingpin?

The Overlord said:
Actually despite silvermane being Kingpin's rival, I'm not sure if they ever had a full blown gang war between the two gangsters in 616 MU, so using Silvermane would not really be just be stealing from 616 MU.

Besides none of this changes the fact that Hammerhead is a silly character who looks like Flat head and comes across as a nickle and dime punk, he looks more like a enforcer than a crime boss. In 616 MU Doc Ock kicked Hammerhead's butt in a gang war and he isn't a career mobster, how is Hammerhead supposed to present a threat to the Kingpin?

As for expanding on Hammerhead's character, there is not much to expand on. In 616 MU he was just a head case who thought he was living in a 1930s gangster movie, he doesn't even remember his real name. Unlike other Ultimate characters, hammerhead has no interesting 616 back ground that could be adapted or even altered in the Ultmate Universe, Bendis would have pull a miracle to make Hammerhead interesting. Besides did Hammerhead show any signs of intelligence in the X-Men arc that make him a worthy threat to the Kingpin?

If you havent noticed, the ult characters are revamped to make them look and act differently....Green Goblin is a silly character if you think about it, yet he was ultimized, it was necessary as a main villain...but the premise was to take characters that could be redefined and make them better....Ult universe writers often use "lame" characters because they can twist them in their own direction and come up with a completely new character since the 616 counterpart is weak.

The Captain said:
If you havent noticed, the ult characters are revamped to make them look and act differently....Green Goblin is a silly character if you think about it, yet he was ultimized, it was necessary as a main villain...but the premise was to take characters that could be redefined and make them better....Ult universe writers often use "lame" characters because they can twist them in their own direction and come up with a completely new character since the 616 counterpart is weak.

Norman Osborn may have different powers in the ultimate Universe, but his personality is the same. Read the MK Spider-Man series, 616 Osborn and Ultimate Osborn have the same dangerous personalty.

So far Hammerhead has not been revamped in UU, he still looks like Flat Head and I see no evidence to suggest that he is anything other than the nickle and dime punk. I still don't how a stupid goon like Hammerhead who managed to get himself blown up is a threat to the Kingpin. Hammerhead is a poor concept, there far interesting gangster villains out there (Silvermane, Richard Fisk, even Owl is more effective then Hammerhead.)

Edit: I mean who do you think is the more realstic crime boss, an old Italian guy or a guy who looks like Flat Head from **** Tracey?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back