Why Hammerhead?

The Captain said:
wow, this thread is all messed up....

as others mentioned, it was hammer NOT silvermane that died....
hammerhead is pressumably dead, but we all know that by now him getting his head blown off was just a setup. If you know anything about hammerhead, he will more than likely get the surgery done to get the alloy to give him his "hammer-like head" he didnt have that back in ult x-men from what i understand.

the tablet was not smashed, it was just thrown in the river.....im sure that isnt the last we have seen of it either, despite what other posters say on here, i no doubt feel it will be of importance again..

You guys have to realize, if Bendis doesnt switch stuff up a bit, he is basically stealing from those before him....reading the same story again and again is what the marvel age series is for..

why hammerhead? why not....he was used briefly and his character needs to be expanded upon...read the gang war arc in amazing spider-man, it features hammerhead and instead of doc ock vs hammerhead, it looks like kingpin vs hammerhead right now...

If teh tablet wasn't smashed, they should bring it back again with Silvermane turning into a baby. Man that story rocked.

Fuzzy Birds said:
I remember Owl. Same hairdo and claws as Wolverine. Didn't he team up with Doc Ock once and almost kill Black Cat?

That's guy, though he had claws and Wolverine by hair do, way before wovie was on the scene.

He was recently used well in MK Spidey and the Lowlife arc in Daredevil.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
Norman Osborn may have different powers in the ultimate Universe, but his personality is the same. Read the MK Spider-Man series, 616 Osborn and Ultimate Osborn have the same dangerous personalty.

So far Hammerhead has not been revamped in UU, he still looks like Flat Head and I see no evidence to suggest that he is anything other than the nickle and dime punk. I still don't how a stupid goon like Hammerhead who managed to get himself blown up is a threat to the Kingpin. Hammerhead is a poor concept, there far interesting gangster villains out there (Silvermane, Richard Fisk, even Owl is more effective then Hammerhead.)

Edit: I mean who do you think is the more realstic crime boss, an old Italian guy or a guy who looks like Flat Head from **** Tracey?

I dont want to spoil it for you..but he is a threat to the kingpin because fisk has been indicted....which means he has to lay low for a while, knowing this, hammerhead is on the move.

Sure hammerhead is basically the same, as is daredevil.....

The Captain said:
I dont want to spoil it for you..but he is a threat to the kingpin because fisk has been indicted....which means he has to lay low for a while, knowing this, hammerhead is on the move.

Sure hammerhead is basically the same, as is daredevil.....

I already know that, what I am is wondering is even if Kingpin is indicted, how can a nickle and dime punk who is way less intelligent than Fisk could ever pose a threat to the Kingpin, even if he was indicted. Hammerhead is a reckless fool, allowing himself to get blown up the X-Men, if hammerhead ever tried to mess with him, Kingpin could gather so much evidence on that thug and give it secretly to the feds it would make his head spin.

Even if Fisk was blind, I wouldn't buy old Flat Head as true threat to the Kingpin.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
I already know that, what I am is wondering is even if Kingpin is indicted, how can a nickle and dime punk who is way less intelligent than Fisk could ever pose a threat to the Kingpin, even if he was indicted. Hammerhead is a reckless fool, allowing himself to get blown up the X-Men, if hammerhead ever tried to mess with him, Kingpin could gather so much evidence on that thug and give it secretly to the feds it would make his head spin.

Even if Fisk was blind, I wouldn't buy old Flat Head as true threat to the Kingpin.

we will have to wait and read the story, hammerhead isnt going to be as powerless as you assume.

The Captain said:
we will have to wait and read the story, hammerhead isnt going to be as powerless as you assume.

Like I said Bendis will have pull off a miracle to make Hammerhead appear as
legitimate threat and not just some hyped up nickle and dime punk.

I still say Silvermane is a billion times more interesting than Hammerhead. Not to mention Silvermane's crew could be presented as a real mafia family, the Manfredi crime family, with Silvio "Silvermane" Manfredi as the Don, his son Joey Manfredi as his Capo, etc. Another lesser Capo would be Caesar Cicero, Silvermane's lawyer, who secretly has designs on taking over the Manfredi mob, it would have been cool if he and Richard Fisk had a scretly alliance to overthrow the heads of their respective crime ogranizations and make themselves the top crime bosses in NYC. That sounds way more interesting than Hammerhead and his two bit gang.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
Like I said Bendis will have pull off a miracle to make Hammerhead appear as
legitimate threat and not just some hyped up nickle and dime punk.

I still say Silvermane is a billion times more interesting than Hammerhead. Not to mention Silvermane's crew could be presented as a real mafia family, the Manfredi crime family, with Silvio "Silvermane" Manfredi as the Don, his son Joey Manfredi as his Capo, etc. Another lesser Capo would be Caesar Cicero, Silvermane's lawyer, who secretly has designs on taking over the Manfredi mob, it would have been cool if he and Richard Fisk had a scretly alliance to overthrow the heads of their respective crime ogranizations and make themselves the top crime bosses in NYC. That sounds way more interesting than Hammerhead and his two bit gang.

While i understand that you dont care for hammerhead, im just happy to see the kingpin return if anything...we all know hammerhead wont take over the kingpins empire, he may do so temporarily but he wont ever replace him permanently..

The Captain said:
While i understand that you dont care for hammerhead, im just happy to see the kingpin return if anything...we all know hammerhead wont take over the kingpins empire, he may do so temporarily but he wont ever replace him permanently..

I like the Kingpin, but I was looking forward to a real exciting gang war. When I find out that Hammerhead was the rival crime boss, I was disappointed. In my opinion Hammerhead is one of the lamest mobsters in 616 MU and I have seen nothing to suggest that he is more impressive in UU. With Silvermane and his organized crime family I would actually wondered how the Kingpin was going to keep his empire. With Hammerhead, all I'm wondering is how long will it take for Kingpin to take to kick this loser's butt.

That fact still looks like a silly Flat Top rip off and had to come back from the dead to appear in this arc is enough for me declare another two strikes against Ultimate hammerhead. If UU prides itself on realism, then I don't know why they picked one of the silliest and lamest crime bosses 616 MU has to offer to counter Kingpin.

The Overlord said:
I like the Kingpin, but I was looking forward to a real exciting gang war. When I find out that Hammerhead was the rival crime boss, I was disappointed. In my opinion Hammerhead is one of the lamest mobsters in 616 MU and I have seen nothing to suggest that he is more impressive in UU. With Silvermane and his organized crime family I would actually wondered how the Kingpin was going to keep his empire. With Hammerhead, all I'm wondering is how long will it take for Kingpin to take to kick this loser's butt.

That fact still looks like a silly Flat Top rip off and had to come back from the dead to appear in this arc is enough for me declare another two strikes against Ultimate hammerhead. If UU prides itself on realism, then I don't know why they picked one of the silliest and lamest crime bosses 616 MU has to offer to counter Kingpin.

I can relate to how you feel, but keep in mind that 616 hammerhead doesnt translate into an ult universe hammerhead...silvermane was a cool guy, but hammerhead is already existant in the ult universe and the "gang war" arc was already written in 616, this one just has a spin on it with kingpin replacing doc ock, and the new characters showing up as the new warriors, hence the name "warriors" look out for ult nova too, if you think hammerhead was bad, i look forward to what you will say about him.

The Captain said:
I can relate to how you feel, but keep in mind that 616 hammerhead doesnt translate into an ult universe hammerhead...silvermane was a cool guy, but hammerhead is already existant in the ult universe and the "gang war" arc was already written in 616, this one just has a spin on it with kingpin replacing doc ock, and the new characters showing up as the new warriors, hence the name "warriors" look out for ult nova too, if you think hammerhead was bad, i look forward to what you will say about him.

Silvermane does exist in UU, he was mentioned during the first Gambit arc and I find the fact that they will have to come up with a lame excuse for why Hammerhead survived that explosion, assuming they address it at all, is a major strike against Hammerhead. I still haven't seen any evidence that UU Hammerhead is any more impressive than 616 Hammerhead. I just think Bendis really dropped the ball picking Hammerhead over Silvermane as the rival crime boss.

edit: I have no opinion on Ultimate Nova because I know nothing about 616 Nova.

Last edited:
I like the idea of having Hammerhead come back to kick up some dirt. I know that not many of you are in favor, but he wasn't given much of a character in UXM and I'd like to see more of him. He's got potential to be a cool villain, but he's also got a lot going against him. As you mentioned, the head is an incredibly dumb idea. We'll have to see, but I think it will be cool for Hammerhead to come back.

I think Hammerhead's going to be used well and will be a viable threat against Kingpin. Remember though, that it's said that he's only after Chinatown at the moment I doubt Hammerhead will get much farther than that after being stopped by the rest of the Ultimate Warriors. As long as they give a good excuse for Hammerhead's return and how he survived, I'm all for the use of him.

P.S. I hate that ****in' tablet... Why does it keep coming up?

Yeah, I would hate to see it wash up somewhere and actually have magical qualities to it. I can't imagine it doing anymore than it has. I thought it was just a cool mention of a 616 story. We need those for good laughs.

Caduceus said:
Ditto. If it actually becomes a plot point, I think I might cry.
Well, Bendis just loves him the old Tablet storyline. He's throw it into Ultimate Spider-Man and his Daredevil run. All we need is Tablet Quest in New Avengers.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think Hammerhead's going to be used well and will be a viable threat against Kingpin. Remember though, that it's said that he's only after Chinatown at the moment I doubt Hammerhead will get much farther than that after being stopped by the rest of the Ultimate Warriors. As long as they give a good excuse for Hammerhead's return and how he survived, I'm all for the use of him.

P.S. I hate that ****in' tablet... Why does it keep coming up?

I still think it would have been way easier and better to use Silvermane instead, then they wouldn't have cook up some lame excuse on how Hammerhead survived the explosion.

Plus Silvermane is a more way more realstic gangster than Hammerhead.

The Overlord said:
I still think it would have been way easier and better to use Silvermane instead, then they wouldn't have cook up some lame excuse on how Hammerhead survived the explosion.

Plus Silvermane is a more way more realstic gangster than Hammerhead.

The excuse doesn't have to be lame. What makes Silvermane a more "realistic" gangster... all the artist has to do is round out Hammerheads cranium and he won't look as goofy. There's nothing wrong with Hammerhead.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The excuse doesn't have to be lame. What makes Silvermane a more "realistic" gangster... all the artist has to do is round out Hammerheads cranium and he won't look as goofy. There's nothing wrong with Hammerhead.

I saw one of the upcomming Ultimate Spidey covers and hammerhead still looks like Flat Head from **** Tracey. Now who do think is a more realstic crime boss, an old Italian guy or a guy who looks like Flat Head? Also they could have presented Silvermane's crew as a real mafia family with him as the don his son Joey and his lawyer Caesar Cicero as his Capos. They can't do that with Hammerhead.

Edit: Not to mention Silvermane would have had a far better motive to be Kingpin's rival than Hammerhead. Silvermane and the Manfredi crime family could have controled the mobs in NYC until Kingpin overthrew him. Now with Kingpin weakened by his encounterts with Spider-Man, silvermane can exact his revenge and try to regain his old position as NYC's top crime boss. Compared to that Hammerhead seems like a greedy nickle and dime punk.

Last edited:
The Overlord said:
I saw one of the upcomming Ultimate Spidey covers and hammerhead still looks like Flat Head from **** Tracey. Now who do think is a more realstic crime boss, an old Italian guy or a guy who looks like Flat Head? Also they could have presented Silvermane's crew as a real mafia family with him as the don his son Joey and his lawyer Caesar Cicero as his Capos. They can't do that with Hammerhead.

FlatTOP.

And I'm not entirely sure I have a problem with that.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Seriously. He could wear a hat the entire time, too... There's a lot of things to do with Hammerhead's gangly head. Heck, I don't really mind it. I would like to know where the hell he got that adamantium plate, too. That would be cool to look into in this arc, too, although Bendis probably doesn't have time for it.

Also, isn't Silvermane tied to Sinister in the UU? Maybe Bendis doesn't want to full with that.

Latest posts

Back