Why Hammerhead?

I love **** Tracy, Flattop rocks.

Also, this is Silvermane.

silvermaine0015lo.jpg

I think a flatheaded man in a pinstripe suit is more realistic.

Bass said:
I love **** Tracy, Flattop rocks.

Also, this is Silvermane.

silvermaine0015lo.jpg

I think a flatheaded man in a pinstripe suit is more realistic.
I love his real name: Silvio Manfredi. I love those goofy old names. Dan Jermain aka Danger Man in the recent She-Hulk maxiseries was a pretty sweet nod to that.

No, sorry, too late for 'facts' and 'truth', Overlord. Far too late.

Lookat the cyborg! Lookatit!

tablet for 2

Caduceus said:
Ditto. If it actually becomes a plot point, I think I might cry.

you people keep forgetting that the tablet is 616 continuity and may be likely to show up again for the simple fact that silvermaine was contrived into ASM due to its existence...theres also the speculation that the tablet could affect black cat in case she is some how petes new gf....but sticking to the purpose....its may be a silly concept, but if should not have appeared at all in the series if further exposition was not planned to be expanded on..

Well, a lot of people didn't think Doctor Strange was ultimate material, and he isn't, but he's still around. Magic is an unavoidable thing in comic books, I guess.

Goodwill said:
Well, a lot of people didn't think Doctor Strange was ultimate material, and he isn't, but he's still around. Magic is an unavoidable thing in comic books, I guess.

With Doctor Strange most definitely. But with the tablet there are other ways to work around plot points. It's called creativity. The tablet would be a cop-out.

Doctor Strange, Blade, and the Tablet are all cop-outs... Moon Knight will likely be a cop-out, but all of these things will and are already there. ;) I don't want to see the Tablet elaborated on, but it's way past copping-out already so it's not going to be a big deal if it shows up again.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The Tablet is not Ultimate material. It was nice to show Kingpin resorting to that type of mythological means to save his wife... but the reason I liked the tablet was because it was just that a tool to express Kingpin's desperation.

And just when did you get a PhD in determining what is ult material and what isnt??? clearly carnage wasnt ult material....but that didnt stop it from happening...you cant just say something isnt ult material because you dont like it or because it doesnt fit right based on its 616 counterpart...things are often moved and shaked to tell the same story with twists in them....the tablet has been done and i believe it will show up again....the last line in that arc featuring the words of the police give me that feeling.

Do i think it will show up in warriors, that i dont know, i dont think it will have anything to do with hammerhead.

Goodwill said:
Doctor Strange, Blade, and the Tablet are all cop-outs... Moon Knight will likely be a cop-out, but all of these things will and are already there. ;) I don't want to see the Tablet elaborated on, but it's way past copping-out already so it's not going to be a big deal if it shows up again.

Uh...

Hmmm....

yeah, I disagree with everything there.

Doctor Strange is magic there's nothing you can do about that. The concept of Blade is brilliant, always has been. The tablet isn't in the same ballpark... and as far as we know it has no magical powers. I hate repeating myself but here I go again... The tablet was a tool used to characterize the kingpin. It did it's job so bringing it back as an excuse for anything else would just be a cop-out.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Uh...

Hmmm....

yeah, I disagree with everything there.

Doctor Strange is magic there's nothing you can do about that. The concept of Blade is brilliant, always has been. The tablet isn't in the same ballpark... and as far as we know it has no magical powers. I hate repeating myself but here I go again... The tablet was a tool used to characterize the kingpin. It did it's job so bringing it back as an excuse for anything else would just be a cop-out.

Im kinda done with the tablet thing here, but id like to point out that blade really has nothing to do with this discussion as he has his own basis outside of the relevance of this. Saying blade is a cop out is like saying wolverine is a cop out...just let the character to be....weve had green goblins and electros, how is blade too far out of the ball park with that said??

Goodwill said:
Also, isn't Silvermane tied to Sinister in the UU? Maybe Bendis doesn't want to full with that.

Didn't Hammerhead metion Sinister in UXM when he was fighting Gambit. I hope that gets resolved one day.

What's so bad about hammerhead? He has a flat skull, big deal. Kingpin weighs like 500 pounds yet he's an awesome and interesting character. I am sure that hammerhead can EASILY be made cool with a good background and a good personality. What he looks like doesn't matter too much if the story is strong. That's my opinion at least.

nuff said

Rawb said:
What's so bad about hammerhead? He has a flat skull, big deal. Kingpin weighs like 500 pounds yet he's an awesome and interesting character. I am sure that hammerhead can EASILY be made cool with a good background and a good personality. What he looks like doesn't matter too much if the story is strong. That's my opinion at least.

i couldnt have said it better myself....well, i did say that with my ult carnage reference, but then again, this is better.

Rawb, you deserve a badge for that one. You really stuck it to those of us who scoffed at Hammerhead's flat head. Talk about tedious, eh? ;)

Goodwill said:
Rawb, you deserve a badge for that one. You really stuck it to those of us who scoffed at Hammerhead's flat head. Talk about tedious, eh? ;)

Rawb knows his stuff....no doubt about that......

NOTE : watch out Rawb, he will disagree with almost everything you say 6 months later.. :wink:

Latest posts

Back