With UFF and UXM canceled, will USM get all the focus of the UU?

The Overlord

With UFF and UXM canceled, will USM get all the focus of the UU? By that I mean will say Ultimate blizzard or other non Spidey villains be introduced in USM because there are no other ongoing titles to introduce them in? Will Wolverine and other X-Men make endless guest appearances, because they no longer have their own ongoing title?

Last edited:
Re: With UFF and UXM canceled,, will USM get all the focus of the UU?

There will be other books Ultimate Avengers being one of them. Still, i think the UU is on it's final legs. I don't think even Millar can save it.

There will be other books Ultimate Avengers being one of them. Still, i think the UU is on it's final legs. I don't think even Millar can save it.

Yeah but Ultimate Avengers isn't ongoing though, USM is the only ongoing Ultimate title left, so I wonder if it is going to get most of the focus of the UU? Unlike say Ultimate avengers, USM will be completely ongoing and thus can deal with other UU concepts that will lost with the shrinking of the universe. I mean where will wolverine go with his own title canceled? Should non Spidey villains who would fit there better then anywhere else (Blizzard, maybe few DD villains) be introduced in USM?

Ultimate Avengersis an ongoing title. although it is only planned as 26 issues right now, there may be more.

Ultimate Avengersis an ongoing title. although it is only planned as 26 issues right now, there may be more.
24 issues. 4 arcs, 6 issues each.

And don't forget there's going to be 5 ongoing titles. USM and UA as two of them. So I really doubt USM will have all the focus.

Also, I'm sure UFF/UXM will be back in some way or another.

Doesn't Ultimate Spider-man already get all the focus? He was in (I think) every Ultimate team up, He got 2 games based on Ultimate comics When the others got none (Unless you count Ultimate Alliance and X-men legends but they had a lot of 616 in it to the point I don't count them as Ultimate games) He's been in Ultimates a couple of times plus dated an Ultimate X-man (well X-woman)

The Ultimate universe pretty much is centred around him already.

I can't imagine keeping the line going and not having and X-Men or Fantastic Four book. They have to be planning a reboot of those titles.

There definitely is going to some sort of reboot. It will be idiotic to hype up a major Ultimate Universe event and cut down regular books in response to their anticipated gain of interest of the series.

I can't imagine keeping the line going and not having and X-Men or Fantastic Four book. They have to be planning a reboot of those titles.

Hmmm. but how this reboot fix the fact that UXM is a mess and the fact that UFF was never that popular. The problem with a reboot is sometimes it can make things worse, look at Hawkman or Donna Troy.

Anyway does anyone think it is a good idea to introduce other 616 characters in USM that won't be introduced elsewhere in the UU (like DD characters for example).

well, the Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate Captain America Annuals make me wonder if two of the new titles will be Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate Captain America.

Honestly, I'd really like to see them do something just completely different like Ultimate Champions or something. Something really obscure and make it work. Take it a new direction. But whatever they do, it all depends on the writers and the editor and the artists. If they get good talent that are focused on putting out quality conics and not trying to do every book going (i'm looking at you Bendis) and an editor that is willing to say, "no, that sucks!" to the writers and pays attention to the continuity, it will be good.

Hmmm. but how this reboot fix the fact that UXM is a mess and the fact that UFF was never that popular. The problem with a reboot is sometimes it can make things worse, look at Hawkman or Donna Troy.

You know, Ultimate X-men itself could be considered a kind of reboot of the X-Universe. Ultimate Fantastic Four is a reboot of Fantastic Four. So why couldn't another reboot work?

If Ultimate Fantastic Four wasn't popular to begin with, couldn't it just be changed to have more readers? It doesn't have to be a reboot that goes down the same path Volume one went. The whole point is that once UFF is rebooted, it can be as good as the creative team makes it, no matter what the first one was like.

I think we can agree that the core concept behind the FF doesn't suck?

Both series can be made just as good or better than the original opening issues were. Neither series has to be doomed, and neither is... yet. What's more important is which writers, artists, and editors are tapped.

Could go either way, really.

Latest posts

Back