With UXM and UFF cancelled, should Marvel create other Ultimate titles?

The Overlord

With UXM and UFF cancelled, should Marvel create other Ultimate titles to pick up the slack or is the line too damaged at this point for that? If they do make other titles, what kind of titles do you want them to be?

I honesty, I don't think the UU will be around for much longer. Something like Ultimatum could've been avoided had the editors actually done their job... And if writers would conform to their deadlines. These were the things that we wrong with the UU and it shows in the quality of the storytelling versus what we used to get, which were great comics that were as often entertaining as some television shows. Now that things are being shifted around and there's still no real consistency or direction I see the Ultimate titles that follow floundering soon.

I agree with Goodwill. I honestly don't think that the line can support any new comics at this point. People's interest in the Ultimate Universe has nearly disappeared with the exception of Ultimate Spider-Man. But that's at least partially because it's written by BMB whose name alone sells comics.

I remember when people used to ask if Marvel would ever expand the Ultimate U and they said that they didn't want to expand it beyond "the four corners of the Marvel universe". I don't think two of those corners collapsing is a good sign for the line and I expect it to come to an end as soon as Bendis decides he's done writing Ultimate Spider-Man.

I honesty, I don't think the UU will be around for much longer. Something like Ultimatum could've been avoided had the editors actually done their job

Do we even know what it's about? If not, how do you know that?

I still don't think UXM and UFF are getting canceled outright. Probably rebooted in some form.

I think UXM and UF4 will become two new Ultimate team titles. Like, the Fantastic Four might become the Alien Squad and the X-Men might become the Scienticians or something. They'll be rebooted as new teams/heroes.

Maybe.

More likely, they'll just go back to #1s. F4 and X-Men are big franchise names and the comics were selling.

Additionally the thread is a little moot as we know there will be 5 titles post ultimatum and USM, Ultimate Avengers, and Ultimates 4 are the only announced ones.

I think UXM and UF4 will become two new Ultimate team titles. Like, the Fantastic Four might become the Alien Squad and the X-Men might become the Scienticians or something. They'll be rebooted as new teams/heroes.

Maybe.

More likely, they'll just go back to #1s. F4 and X-Men are big franchise names and the comics were selling.
How about ULTIMATE HEROES REBORN!

I don't feel like they will be keeping on with the Ultimate Universe,because simply they extended the universe so large in so little time, and they wasted so many "promising" characters in both UXM and UFF, it seems like they don't have much left to do with them anymore...

Maybe they could take some characters from X-men and two fantastic 4 members add in other heroes with out their own series and make a new group like There was Avengers , Defenders ect... there could be Ultimates and Ultimate Defenders (sure it'll be different people from 616 but still)

Like say :

• Wolverine
  • Jean Grey
  • The thing
  • The human torch
  • Spider-woman (if thats the clone that was still loose)

something along those lines so the writers of X-men and FF they can take the best and let them work on it. Could be kinda cool, just an idea.

Maybe they could take some characters from X-men and two fantastic 4 members add in other heroes with out their own series and make a new group like There was Avengers , Defenders ect... there could be Ultimates and Ultimate Defenders (sure it'll be different people from 616 but still)

Like say :

• Wolverine
  • Jean Grey
  • The thing
  • The human torch
  • Spider-woman (if thats the clone that was still loose)

something along those lines so the writers of X-men and FF they can take the best and let them work on it. Could be kinda cool, just an idea.

Ultimate Champions?

Latest posts

Back