Wizard of OZ (Eric Shanower/Skottie Young)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
The Marvel Illustration line adaptation that starts next month. And I can't wait for it. Skottie Young is freaking brilliant with his art (and a great writer, too). This mini is looking so awesome and just plain out damn cool.

Newsarama shows the variant to the first issue, which is really great.

I'd post it here, but it's a really large image.

Nice this could be really cool. And maybe if it's like the movies, I could get it for my little niece to introduce her to comics as she loves wizard of oz.

One of my LCS owners handed me the free "sketchbook" issue last week. Pictures look great. Shanower has written several original Oz GNs, which were well-received. I'll be watching for this one.

I ordered the oversized hardcover edition which just came out - I got it yesterday and it is brilliant. I read the first 7 issues of the series and didn't get around to reading #8 but everything was great about it, particularly the art. Even the script worked well, even though it is very dated since it hasn't been changed, at least for the most part, from the original story by Frank L. Baum. The whole thing has a definite charm to it.

I've never read the actual book by Frank L . Baum. I know the movie inside and out but I know it's very different form the book. So this was sort of my first exposure to the book (Frank L. Baum does get writing credit on the cover) and a lot of it was very surprising.

But this is an A+ book. Highly recommended.

Bought this in issues and I thought it was fantastic. Unbelievably charming and visually sumptuous. On my blog I reviewed issue #2 and likened Skottie Young's art to Bill Watterson of Calvin and Hobbes. Whimsical and imaginative.

I can't wait for the next adaptation to come out, cuz I know the story of the first book, but not the rest.

Blikened Skottie Young's art to Bill Watterson of Calvin and Hobbes. Whimsical and imaginative.

That's a good comparison. The characters have a "cute" quality to them but without being corny.

I saw this in the local WaldenBooks this morning, and I'm placing an order for it for the library's graphic novel collection. The art is charming. I haven't had a chance to read enough of it to see if it follows the book very closely.

Here's hoping it stimulates some interest in the Baum novels. Now I want to go back and read Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz, which was my favorite in the series.

I can't wait for "The Marvelous Land of Oz" to start... I definitely loved the books that didn't have Dorothy in them a lot more than those that did... And Land of Oz is totally my favorite.

I ordered the oversized hardcover edition which just came out - I got it yesterday and it is brilliant. I read the first 7 issues of the series and didn't get around to reading #8 but everything was great about it, particularly the art. Even the script worked well, even though it is very dated since it hasn't been changed, at least for the most part, from the original story by Frank L. Baum. The whole thing has a definite charm to it.

I've never read the actual book by Frank L . Baum. I know the movie inside and out but I know it's very different form the book. So this was sort of my first exposure to the book (Frank L. Baum does get writing credit on the cover) and a lot of it was very surprising.

But this is an A+ book. Highly recommended.

I agree, Skotti Young is one of my favorite artists.

I finally finished this - actually, I started back from the beginning and read the whole thing in one sitting this evening. It's that good.

And I hadn't heard of this, but apparently Eric Shanower and Skotti Young got the go ahead to start on the next book in the series - The Marvelous Land of Oz. Sounds great - I've never read that book and don't really know anything about it, but Marvel.com has some news here: http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8489.WWPhilly_~apos~09~colon~_The_Marvelous_Land_of_Oz

I saw this at Borders yesterday but opted for the new Fables trade instead, but I think I'll pick this up soonish.

I really don't. I never read them.

You must miss out on a bunch of stuff you would like - I think you will love Brubaker and Phillips' Marvels Project.

I read this the other day. Loved it. I always liked the original novels.

While the film version of the Cowardly Lion is pretty funny, the Buam version is absolutely metal.

You must miss out on a bunch of stuff you would like - I think you will love Brubaker and Phillips' Marvels Project.

I did read an article about that and it sounded great.

I do need to do a better job of keeping up on solits.

Latest posts

Back