Wizard previews Turner’s Ultimate Wolverine sketchbook

I don't think it will. Judging from the amount of news and the rate we're recieving it, I'd say that there's a lot of planning going into this... Loeb is a busy man - I see no reason to rush this at the moment, hopefully Marvel doesn't see anything differently.

I don't think it will. Judging from the amount of news and the rate we're recieving it, I'd say that there's a lot of planning going into this... Loeb is a busy man - I see no reason to rush this at the moment, hopefully Marvel doesn't see anything differently.
Let's hope they have learned their ways.

Some more images from Wizard:

untitled.gif

untitled2.gif

Loeb doesn't mention much, except that the story's going to take place at many different times, and we'll see how Wolverine evolves throughout these periods.

Doesn't sound so much as "origins" per se as rather old Wolverine exploits. Either way....Turner is drawing and that to me is the hotness.

Last edited:
It looks like Wolverine is allergic to wearing shirts. A terrible affliction that effects 1 in every 3,478 Americans and 1 in every 3 Canadians.

Wolverine should of been an lumberjack. There is no manlier job than a lumberjack. Except a straight "gay" model.

Last edited:
I'm not impressed with the art. AND now that I know it's also taking place in the present and not just Logan's past...not too happy with that either.

But if they return Ultimate Wolverine to being a bastard murderous dick I'm happy. Since Bendis's run on the title Ultimate Wolverine's been rather tame compared to the man that tried to kill Cyclops over Jean.

"The first eight pages are going to shock the hell out of everyone."

What, are they going to kill him and let him stay dead? Or get married and not go wandering within two issues? Or come out as gay? Or have a child and actually look after it for the rest of his life? Or get de-powered and stay that way? 'Cause marvel doing that with any of their done-to-death characters WOULD be shocking.

Or is it going to be something "ultimate" like getting in a fight and being ripped in half with a maximum of gore? 'Cause that's about as shocking as it was in 1993 when all the Image guys (that Turner's art looks exactly like, btw) were doing it. :roll:

What, are they going to kill him and let him stay dead? Or get married and not go wandering within two issues? Or come out as gay? Or have a child and actually look after it for the rest of his life? Or get de-powered and stay that way? 'Cause marvel doing that with any of their done-to-death characters WOULD be shocking.

Or is it going to be something "ultimate" like getting in a fight and being ripped in half with a maximum of gore? 'Cause that's about as shocking as it was in 1993 when all the Image guys (that Turner's art looks exactly like, btw) were doing it. :roll:

I love this poster

Marry Me

Latest posts

Back