Wizard World Philadelphia's X-Men Panel

So wait----I'm confused. According to my IGN article I posted earlier in this thread....they say that Ed Brubaker is taking over UXM in the fall. But then I read from Newsarama that Kirkman is getting ready to start more arcs happening this fall as well.

What the deal-e-o......yo?

Victor Von Doom said:
So wait----I'm confused. According to my IGN article I posted earlier in this thread....they say that Ed Brubaker is taking over UXM in the fall. But then I read from Newsarama that Kirkman is getting ready to start more arcs happening this fall as well.

What the deal-e-o......yo?

Kirkman is doing Ultimate X-Men, Brubaker is doing Uncanny X-Men.

ProjectX2 said:
Kirkman is doing Ultimate X-Men, Brubaker is doing Uncanny X-Men.

Damn...I could've swore it said Bru was on UXM. I can't check it now because the firewall at work blocks the link.

Victor Von Doom said:
Damn...I could've swore it said Bru was on UXM. I can't check it now because the firewall at work blocks the link.

It did say Brubaker would be on UXM.

Unfortunetly, there are two titles that have the abreveation "UXM". Uncanny and Ultimate.

Victor Von Doom said:
Stupid acronyms.....

Dirk Anger of H.A.T.E. is going to make you eat your small intestine now.

ProjectX2 said:
Dirk Anger of H.A.T.E. is going to make you eat your small intestine now.

Please.....he knows better. I have more drop bears than him. Besides....last time he and I tangled...I drew first blood.

I have the psychological advantage.

Last edited:
Well, I think the introduction of Cable being in #75 is certainly appropriate... But you've got to wonder where this title is heading. Is it senseless filler or is Kirkman going to start getting the title going again? I'm tired of this X-Men down-time stuff... Let's pump it up. Vaughan's run was classic - they ran well into one another and he barely had the X-Men sitting around. I think if Kirkman wrote the X-Men playing ping pong I'd get more excited about it than what we've got with the Magician and stuff... Kill that kid off, introduce Cable, and make the team AMAZING. Just do it.

New Philly panel at:http://www.newsarama.com/WWPhilly06/Marvel/CupJoe/CupOJoePanel.html

The Marvel Cup 'O Joe panel began at WizardWorld: Philadelphia, and the with the announcement that Greg Land has been named as the artist on the October-launching Ultimate Power miniseries that has the Ultimate Universe meet the world of J. Michael Straczynski's Supreme Power.

For those coming in late, Ultimate Power will run nine issues, and will be written by (three issues each) Jeph Loeb, Brian Bendis, and Straczynski. For Newsarama's earlier report on the miniseries.

Lynx said:
Damn shame, too. . .

Agreed. Loving Brubaker's Daredevil right now.

But hey, I guess if any book needs a Brubaker makeover it would be Uncanny X-Men.

There's more Venom and Carnage coming up? Gee. I'm looking forward to THAT. Sandman gets a bit part in Ultimate Six. Beetle gets a side spot in the video game, Vulture gets an issue.

But Venom and Carnage get a huge arc of their own, the starring spotlight in the video game, AND another plot coming up. Wheee....

Cable could be pretty cool, especially since they said he's going to play a drastically different role from the 616 universe. That's what ultimizations should be about.

Marvel Zombies, forget about it... The first one didn't have enough wind to sustain itself. They think they need a whole 'nother mini? Hopefully they can spin it in a more interesting direction.

Finally, am I the only one who thinks that cover with Dazzler and Nightcrawler is about the slickest thing ever?

Also, we haven't heard a damn bit of news on UFF yet, have we? huh...

Last edited:
I just spotted this from the X-Men Panel.
Quesada said:
Damon Lindelof has some down time from his duties on ABC's Lost and is "feverishly" writing Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk.
This is probably a lot a bulls*** in light of no appoligy from Lindelof, but I'm hoping it might be true and we might actually see this mini get a proper ending.

Last edited:
Zombipanda said:
Marvel Zombies, forget about it... The first one didn't have enough wind to sustain itself. They think they need a whole 'nother mini? Hopefully they can spin it in a more interesting direction.

I couldn't disagree more. It's my favorite Marvel mini of the past few years, and I would love to see a sequel.

MaxwellSmart said:
This is probably a lot a bullish in light of no appoligy from Lindelof, but I'm hoping it might be true and we might actually see this mini get a proper ending.

At this point I'm just hoping for a proper middle.

Latest posts

Back