Wolverine's Origin

ourchair said:
I always assumed that since the videogame was titled X2, it was meant to be 'movie continuity canonical' even if it didn't feature any talent from the movies.
When I first read that, I thought he was refering to the movie/game from the movie, but after I reread it, I could tell they weren't the same.

The game has nothing to do with the movie continuity. Beast, Juggernaut, Omega Red are in it, and Sabertooth is still alive. The only tie between the two is that Patrick Stewart does the voice of Prof. X. Still a great game though.

In the game, Sabertooth and Logan both undergo the Weapon X procedure in 1968. Appearently Logan was a "hard boy" up in Ottawa for special government operatives, not an actuall agent, more like the guy who cleans up. It turns out they only hired him because they knew he was a mutant and were looking for someone with his powers for the procedure.

Planet-man said:
The game has nothing to do with the movie continuity. Beast, Juggernaut, Omega Red are in it, and Sabertooth is still alive. The only tie between the two is that Patrick Stewart does the voice of Prof. X. Still a great game though.

In the game, Sabertooth and Logan both undergo the Weapon X procedure in 1968. Appearently Logan was a "hard boy" up in Ottawa for special government operatives, not an actuall agent, more like the guy who cleans up. It turns out they only hired him because they knew he was a mutant and were looking for someone with his powers for the procedure.
Then it's one of those 'special continuity spaces' where its connection to the movie is about as solid/tenuous as the connection of Spider-Man 2's Mysterio and Rhino to actual Spider-Man movie continuity.

I've always found that interesting, how they can take the movieverse and create a videogame verse that uses the same context but departs entirely in tone and style. I mean there is no way the Shocker would ever appear in the movies as he did in the game, classic quilt costume and all.

I think he's talking about the absense of checkpoints. Bugged the heck out of me having to go all the way back to the beginning of the level if my "Void Droid" was defeated at the very end. The boss fights were no walk in the park either. Magneto was incredibly difficult, especially when he managed to up his power levels enough to jam your healing factor.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Are you kidding me? Besides the "Stealth" parts I'd say it was a breeze.

Speak for yourself... The boss battles were pretty impossible (Especially Magneto) and I thought the stealth parts were just insanely difficult.

Back on to the topic, though.

hey,the whole wolverine thing? well he was in the army and was brainwashed into killing, he never wanted to at first, and sabertooth wasnt, but in the arc where they all are in weapon x, i think its called return to weapon x,

I was playing with an idea in a fan fic where Wolverine's involvement with the Weapon X experiments was voluntary - only he doesn't remember that after all is said and done. Someone eventually tells him and he goes stark-raving mad... I don't know if I'm explaining that right, you know, to make it sound like a compelling bit of information, but I think it would add to an already conflicted character. Who knows, it might happen after all. ;)

Goodwill said:
I was playing with an idea in a fan fic where Wolverine's involvement with the Weapon X experiments was voluntary - only he doesn't remember that after all is said and done. Someone eventually tells him and he goes stark-raving mad... I don't know if I'm explaining that right, you know, to make it sound like a compelling bit of information, but I think it would add to an already conflicted character. Who knows, it might happen after all. ;)

That's hilarious. I was thinking the same thing today, about Wolverine volunteering for WeaponX. I went a bit deeper though...

I was thinking about how people often say that Logan won't want to remember his past. What if he killed his wife and kid? I think that would make the most interesting story. Wolverine thinks he was a good person until WeaponX came back into his life and now he's trying to bring himself back to the human being he thought he once was. Then he finds out he was the worst animal to ever walk the Earth.

Well, if you guys remember, in the X-2, Stryker revealed that Wolverine volunteered for the operation. So yeah, it could be the same in UXM.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good catch but we should leave the movie-verse out of it.
I didn't mean that what was done in the movie should be the way here, or anything. Just saying it won't be something new per se, and can be totally feesable.

A good idea, IMO, would be to make Wolverine VERY old (think apocalypse). This could possibly make for some interesting flashback stories.

Also, it is kind of comforting knowing that Wolverine has always been around to rescue ladies in need.

Korinthian said:
A good idea, IMO, would be to make Wolverine VERY old (think apocalypse). This could possibly make for some interesting flashback stories.

Also, it is kind of comforting knowing that Wolverine has always been around to rescue ladies in need.
Nah, that'd be lame. Why have a Wolverine who's that old? Yeah, we could get some interesting flashbacks, but what do you want to see? Wolverine on one of Marco Polo's ships? Wolverine fighting Genghis Khan!? Wolverine in Hill Valley circa 1955 bumping into George McFly?

Let's just hope Ultimate Marvel doesn't muck with Wolvie's history as much as the 616 did and we get a nice, clear picture of who he is. I mean, now they're launching Wolverine: Origins to clear up his 616 origins...and I'm sure it's just going to introduce new errors.

I like the idea that he was an animal and he just thinks that he was a good man. It would create major tension and some interesting plot points. Yeah, instead of having him deal with his "animal side", have him end up fighting the real man within...the "evil" man.
Yeah. Make it so that Logan was basically a villain. He killed for fun and was basically what 616 Sabretooth is, minus the psychological scarring he apparently received as a kid. Just make him a complete bastard!

Nas-T! said:
Nah, that'd be lame. Why have a Wolverine who's that old? Yeah, we could get some interesting flashbacks, but what do you want to see? Wolverine on one of Marco Polo's ships? Wolverine fighting Genghis Khan!? Wolverine in Hill Valley circa 1955 bumping into George McFly?

Let's just hope Ultimate Marvel doesn't muck with Wolvie's history as much as the 616 did and we get a nice, clear picture of who he is. I mean, now they're launching Wolverine: Origins to clear up his 616 origins...and I'm sure it's just going to introduce new errors.

I like the idea that he was an animal and he just thinks that he was a good man. It would create major tension and some interesting plot points. Yeah, instead of having him deal with his "animal side", have him end up fighting the real man within...the "evil" man.
Yeah. Make it so that Logan was basically a villain. He killed for fun and was basically what 616 Sabretooth is, minus the psychological scarring he apparently received as a kid. Just make him a complete bastard!
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol:

And I agree.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back