Wonder Woman Series Discussion (Spoilers)

I really enjoyed it. I was enjoying the story and the art was great. This makes me sad.

The art was the only reason it interested me, honestly. I liked the idea of Donna Troy taking over the Wonder Woman mantle, maybe not permanently, but at least for a while, but he played that out by issue two.

So, meh. Let new writers take over.

I really enjoyed it. I was enjoying the story and the art was great. This makes me sad.

Well, the art was great. I don't even remember anything about the story except how much I didn't like it.

Anyway, the story is well past its time. DC has moved on and Wonder Woman is where she needs to be.

Last edited:
I read this on the Newsarama boards and thought it was funny. Just some fan going off on DC, but this was his best line:

"DC did a huge push for Donna Troy to be in Infinite Crisis, even got her prepared in her own mini called, The Return of Donna Troy. And who is Donna Troy now? The DC Universe Librarian! Exciting! Whoa nellie -- hold me back!"

I read this on the Newsarama boards and thought it was funny. Just some fan going off on DC, but this was his best line:

"DC did a huge push for Donna Troy to be in Infinite Crisis, even got her prepared in her own mini called, The Return of Donna Troy. And who is Donna Troy now? The DC Universe Librarian! Exciting! Whoa nellie -- hold me back!"

I so totally agree. Donna's one of my favorite characters, so when Heinberg made her the new WW, I was spaztically happy. Now, it's like DC's kicked her to the curb again, at least they're putting her back into her red costume.

I really liked issue 5.

It was very interesting ideas of women being impowered by Wonder Woman's example. I liked it.

#5 was ok. I totally get the issue and liked it. I'm interetsted in seeing what the new writer will do with this and see how the book fairs on a monthly schedule.

I'll miss the Dodsons though. :(

I think Heinberg's WW has been borderline terrible. It seems like most people only like it because they're told how good it is. I don't recall anybody clamoring for the next issue of Wonder Woman.
I was clamoring for it at my friendly local comic shop. In vain, however.

The first issue was very promising and I was full of hope. From then on, it's been excessive delays and not coherent stories.

Issue 5, which just arrived at my newsagent, didn't do anything for me. I would want Winged Victory, from Astro City, to do that story - and again, I would want a complete story, on a reliable monthly schedule.

I think the relaunch of Wonder Woman has been a fiasco.

And I'm unimpressed with DC. I think the Amazon is a good enough character, but they handle her badly. I don't know why DC has messed this up so much. I'm mildly curious. But whatever the reason is, it's not a good enough excuse.

On the good side, this has made me appreciate all the more what I have in the consistency of Ultimate Fantastic Four.

I'm seriously getting more into WW, with this Amazon Attacks lead up, the title's really starting to pick up. My only complaint is, her powers seem lacking, a lot.

I'm seriously getting more into WW, with this Amazon Attacks lead up, the title's really starting to pick up. My only complaint is, her powers seem lacking, a lot.

Nah. The new Wonder Woman has sucked since the first issue. The first Amazons Attack issue was bland as hell.

But....

Gail Simone's hopping on in a few months, and she'll rock the book's face off.

I liked the first Amazons Attack I didn't think it was bland at all, my only complain is that they are using Circe too much.

Gail Simone's hopping on in a few months, and she'll rock the book's face off.
Save wonder Woman, Gail Simone, you're her only hope!

I'm only half joking. I plan to start buying Wonder Woman again when Gail Simone comes on, as though this was the first issue. That is, this will be the first issue of the new series with a proper writer.

If that doesn't work out, I'm done.

Latest posts

Back