World of Warcraft fans Rejoice!...

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
For you have a new movie to look forward to, and eventually dispise

Source: Variety by: Mike Sampson

I'm probably dating myself here big time, but I know nothing about this "World of Warcraft" online game. I'm familiar with the fact that it's an online game that's insanely popular but beyond that, I'm lost. But even I, with my limited knowledge, knew that it was only a matter of time before Hollywood caught on and sure enough they have. Warner Bros.-based production company Legendary Pictures has picked up the film rights to the game and will develop a feature version with creators Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard had reportedly followed Microsoft's HALO deal with Fox/Universal closely and opted to go in a different direction. Instead of first hiring a writer to draft a script and then shop that script to studios (as Microsoft did), they instead decided to work with Legendary and WB to develop the film. As Variety points out, the WARCRAFT mythology is a deep and rich one that spans numerous games and books and it's unclear yet how Blizzard will mine that territory for a feature storyline. Legendary recently teamed with Warners on SUPERMAN RETURNS, BATMAN BEGINS and LADY IN THE WATER. More details on the WARCRAFT deal should be available at the E3 conference this week in LA.

Latest posts

Back