World War Z Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I could've sworn I heard people talking about this before but I couldn't find a thread. Anyway, I'm nowhere near finished but I just read past the smuggler's opening account and I have to say that this book is so far better than any zombie movie combined.

I've read both this and the Zombie Survival Guide. They're both great reads.

I read somewhere that Plan B's producing a World War Z film, but Max Brooks won't be screenwriting. Which sucks.

I NEED THIS BOOK!

I needs it like a junkie needs his fix.

PUT IT OUT IN SOFTCOVER ALREADY!

Please... I'm begging you...

I NEED THIS BOOK!

I needs it like a junkie needs his fix.

PUT IT OUT IN SOFTCOVER ALREADY!

Please... I'm begging you...

Agreed! I want to read this so badly, but I don't want to spend 30 bucks on it. The Zombie Survival Guide was a brilliant piece of writing.

I hear we'll be getting a softcover version in September, along with another book I want to read, the Children of Hurin.

Agreed! I want to read this so badly, but I don't want to spend 30 bucks on it. The Zombie Survival Guide was a brilliant piece of writing.

I hear we'll be getting a softcover version in September, along with another book I want to read, the Children of Hurin.

Yep, it's true. I can't believe you're actually capable of waiting for this book.

It's the best disaster scenario book I've ever read. Period. Everything is addressed. It's amazing and brilliant and it's the best zombie story that ever was and ever will be.

So, after reading the few comments here in this thread yesterday, I rented it from the library, and whoa

I wasn't prepared for the way it was written, which is ingeniuos. It allows you to fit so many different viewpoints into the book from all over the world.

I love how each section, there's a distinct voice.

The Doctor in the beginning, guilty that he panicked when treating a patient.
The Smuggler, wondering if the money was worth what was going on.
The Bodyguard, who abandoned his charge, because of ethics
The CIA Agent, who confesses that the CIA was completely unaware what was going on
The Profiteer, who made a fake drug, and somehow doesn't blame himself for the Panic that ensued after it because the drug didn't work

I'm at the point where the world realizes it can't save everyone, and has begun to finally turn the tide of the war against the zombies

I think this might be the best book I've read in the last five years. Its just ****ing perfect...

I've decided that the only way to make it into a proper movie would be to film it in the fake documentary style.

While the book was a quick read, and it flowed, I felt in the middle it got very stagnant, and repetitive.

Other than that, it was a good book

I love this book so much, i have read it twice and am in reread 3. I just cant get enough of it. I think this book is 100% accurate IF the one fictional variable were no longer fiction. That is if zombies were real (and i wish to God they were) then everything else could play out exactly like it was written.

Which is what makes this book so scary/amazing!

Zombies just milling around on the sea floor scares the bejesus out of me.

Zombies just milling around on the sea floor scares the bejesus out of me.

At least they can't fly...

But i agree, the thoughts of underwater zombies in frightening to say the least, although finding a random zombie while walking around in the northern latitudes scares me the most, hence the move to Florida.

So every year my school does a summer reading project where each teacher sponsers a book and tries to get kids to sign up for the book so we can have a big book discussion next school year.

My book? World War Z.

I havn't read it yet, but I love the Zombie Survival Guide and look forward to going through this over the summer.

So I need your help. I need to make posters advertising this book.

The blurb that students will get reads, "Zombies are among us: we learn about the missteps that led to the collapse of civilization and follow the intrepid survivors as they tell the story of fighting their way back against a zombie horde of 200 million."

What should go on my posters?

The blurb that students will get reads, "Zombies are among us: we learn about the missteps that led to the collapse of civilization and follow the intrepid survivors as they tell the story of fighting their way back against a zombie horde of 200 million."

I say have it mimic a warning poster about incoming Zombies

Scariest...idea...ever

So every year my school does a summer reading project where each teacher sponsers a book and tries to get kids to sign up for the book so we can have a big book discussion next school year.

My book? World War Z.

I havn't read it yet, but I love the Zombie Survival Guide and look forward to going through this over the summer.

Brilliant, you could easily take some of th artwork in the book, its quite good and it would def draw people in

My book? World War Z.

Dude, just put a Lobo on it and the caption "The only tool you'll ever need."

Latest posts

Back