worst tpb?

worst Ultimate Spider-man tpb? (the one you hate the most)

• 1-Power and Responsibility

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-Learning Curve

• 3-Double Trouble

• 4-Legacy

• 5-Public Scrutiny

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 6-VENOM

• 7-IRRESPONSIBLE

• 8-Cats & Kings

• 9-ULTIMATE SIX

• 10-Hollywood

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 11-Carnage

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 12-SUPERSTARS

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 13-HOBGOBLIN

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 14-WARRIORS

• Total voters

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I did it for fave now it's the one you hate the most.

mine is 9-ULTIMATE SIX

I really hated that TPB for the following.

1- the art looked bad IMO and looked nothing like other ones
2-Peter looked completly diffrent at first i wondered who it was. I know diffrent art style but they could of at least gave him his right hair!
3- It did not feel like a spider-man story it felt like a poor exuse for a cross-over.
4-the green goblin felt too diffrent from previous ultimate spider-mans

Carnage.

- Wasted death of Gwen Stacy
- They never showed the final battle between carnage and spidey (something tells me that this is where the Clone Saga really began)
- Curt Conners was underused

I picked Superstars to diss... It just had too much wrong with it. The Wolverine arc was very funny, but felt very out of place after Carnage, and the Dr Strange arc was a very well-written dream sequence, and had a great last page, but lacked a real ending.
Loved the Torch one. But this volume just left me thinking "Hmm... Could try harder."

It was hard to decide which was worse - Carnage or Hobgoblin.

I think I went with Hobgoblin because it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

But then, one could argue the camel shouldn't have 700lbs of **** on its back in the first place...

ultimatedjf said:
Hey, I loved Ultimate Six.

I loved the ones others hate it's cool dude.

Difrent strokes for diffrent folks and all that

Ooooooo so hard to pick between Carnage or Hobgoblin. Hmmmmm.....

I'm gonna say Carnage. Bendis totally wasted the Death of Gwen Stacy and a major villain in Spidey's history was reduced to a degenerating clone.

Weak.

I gave up after Hobgoblin so I never read it. What's I've heard of it sounds dull.

As for wasting Gwen - he actually wasted here three issues before he killed her in the final part to Hollywood, remember?

Before the final issue of Hollywood this was the situation - Gwen Stacy, who blames Spider-Man for her father's death, discovers Peter Parker is Spider-Man and plans to shoot him when he comes home. Spidey arrives home, he disarms Gwen and she runs off crying.

I don't know about you, but I can think of a couple of ideas far more interesting than, "she forgives Spidey then dies in the backyard".

Bass said:
I gave up after Hobgoblin so I never read it. What's I've heard of it sounds dull.

As for wasting Gwen - he actually wasted here three issues before he killed her in the final part to Hollywood, remember?

Before the final issue of Hollywood this was the situation - Gwen Stacy, who blames Spider-Man for her father's death, discovers Peter Parker is Spider-Man and plans to shoot him when he comes home. Spidey arrives home, he disarms Gwen and she runs off crying.

I don't know about you, but I can think of a couple of ideas far more interesting than, "she forgives Spidey then dies in the backyard".

would of been cool if spider-man tried to take the gun off her in self defence and shot her himself by mistake!!!!

but I liked the carnage killing her too

sjmole said:
would of been cool if spider-man tried to take the gun off her in self defence and shot her himself by mistake!!!!

See... that is better than what happened in Carnage. It would **** Spider-Man up and NO ONE would've seen it coming.

I personally like the idea of Gwen living in his house and being someone continually undermining his secret identity, being a malevolence in his house, but your idea is good too.

Frankly, Gwen running away to join a bikini tour would've been better than her dying in the Parker's backyard by a living cliche that two issues to invent.

Bass said:
See... that is better than what happened in Carnage. It would **** Spider-Man up and NO ONE would've seen it coming.

I personally like the idea of Gwen living in his house and being someone continually undermining his secret identity, being a malevolence in his house, but your idea is good too.

Frankly, Gwen running away to join a bikini tour would've been better than her dying in the Parker's backyard by a living cliche that two issues to invent.

Yeah but the carnage thing is awsome. Think about it. If carnage ever comes back it is going to seriously mess up spider-man's mind. plus the way she died made him break up with M.J which lead to him dating kitty. In a way her death the way she died has completly changed spider-man's personal life plus his personality. Plus if/when aunt may finds out he's peter she will ask questions like Why didn't you save Gwen? Or if he tells her M.J knew and Gwen knew who he was it makes him look like a complete bastard. She'll think he broke up M.J cause she knew and let gwen die because she knew.

Agreed he death was no off the bridge by the green goblin style death but still pretty powerful and great.

If Carnage comes back? Ultimate Carnage has less personality than 616 Carnage. I can't believe Bendis would bring him back.

But as for Gwen making him break up with MJ - they broke up already long before that. It seems the only reason Bendis got MJ and Pete back together was so he could have them break up "for real" later. Either way, when he and MJ broke up, I checked to see if the comic I was reading was #60 or #30.

Frankly, my opinion of this title is so low... ah, you know the drill by now.

well he brought him back again for the game.

Maybe next time he'll make it so carnage is a suit like venom and bring in Ultimate kassady

thee great one said:
Hollywood was the worst.

I wish the tpb of hollywood had the acronid-man costume in the movie or what ever it's called.

Carnage was bad, but Hobgoblin was the worst.

Picking which is worse is like asking whether it's worse to get punched in the nuts or kicked in the nuts.

I haven't read USM #94 yet (and am in absolutely no big hurry to either), but I have a feeling that "Deadpool" will be the worst yet.

thee great one said:
Well it was that or volume 5.

Vol. 5 was awesome. Bagley at the top of his game.

EDIT: I voted for Hobgoblin. It was the arc that almost made me drop USM, even though I'm an ultimate completist.

Last edited:
Carnage. Gwen's death reeked too much of "let's do it in Ultimate just because it happened in 616".

Latest posts

Back