Would Ultimate Magneto Ever Work With the Ultimate X-Men?

The Overlord

Would Ultimate Magneto ever work with the Ultimate X-Men? For example if the it turns out that Apocalypse was real and was a threat to the whole population of the planet, would Magneto work with the X-Men to defeat him?

The Overlord said:
Would Ultimate Magneto ever work with the Ultimate X-Men? For example if the it turns out that Apocalypse was real and was a threat to the whole population of the planet, would Magneto work with the X-Men to defeat him?

Actually, since Ultimate Magneto is such a lunatic, I would suspect him joining with Apocalypse rather than the X-men. That'd create a real threat.

I'd say yes, from a character motivation standpoint.

He considers all mutants -- homo superior -- his equals, and percieves mutant domination as a genetic birthright. He would gladly accept help in opposing any threat to this percieved authority of his species.

Having said that, I'd rather not continue with the idea of Apocalypse being a real character, because it fundamentally violates the mood of the series.

Ultimate X-Men works because it keeps the focus squarely on the question of how mutants repsond to their genetic condition, in the face of pressures from various instituions: government, religion, the market economy, the mass media, and so forth.

Apocalypse -- as a megalomaniacal cosmic being -- doesn't work in that context.

Now, Apocalypse as the next step above mutants in the evolutionary ladder, that *might* work. Because, yes, it would provide a common 'predator', in the food-chain sense, for both Xavier and Magneto, regardless of their ideology. But *that* would be difficult to fit with the set-up Vaughn has already initiatied.

Last edited:
compound said:
I'd say yes, from a character motivation standpoint.

He considers all mutants -- homo superior -- his equals, and percieves mutant domination as a genetic birthright. He would gladly accept help in opposing any threat to this percieved authority of his species.

Having said that, I'd rather not continue with the idea of Apocalypse being a real character, because it fundamentally violates the mood of the series.

Ultimate X-Men works because it keeps the focus squarely on the question of how mutants repsond to their genetic condition, in the face of pressures from various instituions: government, religion, the market economy, the mass media, and so forth.

Apocalypse -- as a megalomaniacal cosmic being -- doesn't work in that context.

Now, Apocalypse as the next step above mutants in the evolutionary ladder, that *might* work. Because, yes, it would provide a common 'predator', in the food-chain sense, for both Xavier and Magneto, regardless of their ideology. But *that* would be difficult to fit with the set-up Vaughn has already initiatied.

Nah, it be easier than you think. Make Apocalypse the next evolutionary step, a super mutant, who believes himself to be a god. Ditch the whole immorality thing as well, but keep the survival of the fitest ideology. Apocalypse could also be a cult leader, convincing several mutants that he really is a god, forming a cult known as the Order of the Madri to worship him. Apocalypse could be laying low, but used his mental powers to contact Mr. Sinister, to see if he was worthy to serve him by ordering slaying 10 mutants in his name. Now Apocalypse is ready to unleash his plans for genocide, to cull the weak. Magneto defender of all mutants allies himself with the X-Men to prevent Apocalypse from killing the mutants he would deem weak.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I wouldn't jump at that so soon. I think it depends on what Apocolypse is actually after.

It was just a possibility. it could go either way.

And I refuse to believe Apoc is fake. That is truly a waste of a great villian.

I dunno if I see Magneto ever workin' alongside the X-Men, even if Apocalypse became a threat. He just is way too crazy and way too convinced the X-Men go about everything in the wrong way...Or at least that's how it seems to me.

MAYBE, just MAYBE, if, somehow, Xavier was taken out of the picture, the X-Men would end up fighting along with Magneto and whatever Brotherhood lackeys are around, all against Apocalypse or whoever...but I guess that would be the X-Men fighting alongside Magneto, not the other way around.

Goodwill said:
The real question should be would Xavier ever help Magneto out?
Of course he would! Beyond the fact that Ultimate Xaiver is -- hello! -- far more blatantly gay for Magneto than in 616, he's got a decidedly a "better the devil you know" kind of approach to mutant-human relations. He's willing to play ball with Fury, meet with the President, and (for a very long time) turn a blind eye to the freaky motivations of the Hellfire Club (which, no doubt, the world's greatest telepath is well aware of). I have no doubt in my mind that Xavier would agree to an alliance with Magneto. Why else did he bother attempting to rehabilitate him, after what happened during "The Tomorrow People" in the first place.

Based on how Vaughn has been writing Xavier, I'm inclined to believe that he shares Emma Frost's opinion of the character: for all his "Ming the Merciless" facade of "vague menace", the guy is the Ultimate Pollyanna Bleeding-Heart -- a "candidate for sainthood", as his former lover/pupil worded it so snarkily.

Xavier is so caught up in his own belief of being able to control any situation that he'd be willing to make it appear like he's ceding power in an alliance. Even with Magneto? Especially with Magneto! ;)

I like the cultitist ideas. How about...

Apocolypse is like Xavier's opposite. He has a high level of telepathy and uses it often. He looks into the minds of others and influences them to do his will. He creates a cult of uber mutants and (for those of you who watched the finale of X-men Evolution) steals their abilities/energies, esentially making himself indistructable. He begins to take the earth under his control, but the "combined" efforts of the X-men and the Brotherhood slow him down.

Isn't X-men Legends II exactly like what would happen in the ultimates universe?

Isn't Legends based on the ultimates universe?

Akilies said:
I like the cultitist ideas. How about...

Apocolypse is like Xavier's opposite. He has a high level of telepathy and uses it often. He looks into the minds of others and influences them to do his will. He creates a cult of uber mutants and (for those of you who watched the finale of X-men Evolution) steals their abilities/energies, esentially making himself indistructable. He begins to take the earth under his control, but the "combined" efforts of the X-men and the Brotherhood slow him down.

Isn't X-men Legends II exactly like what would happen in the ultimates universe?

Isn't Legends based on the ultimates universe?

X-Men Legends games takes bits and pieces from many different universes, like UU, 616 MU and AoA. I believe the cult of the Madri is from AoA, however I think they should use it with Ultimate Apocalypse, it gives him minions and explains his attitude and explains why Sinister treats him as a god. Plus you have Ultimate versions of servants in other universes like Abyss and Stryfe as members.

Last edited:
An Ultimate Apocalypse arc would be pretty sweet...I mean, if the X-Men and Brotherhood joined together and had to fight Ultimizations of 616 Apocalypse's minions and Four Horsemen or whatever, mixed in with some 616 characters retooled to be on his side...

"Apocalypse Rising"...who'd write it and who'd draw it???:shock:

I would love to see Apocapse be more of a huge cross over like Galactus, Like he's been secretly manipulating things behind the scenes (Ultimate conspiracy or whatever) A ancient Mutant who used mystic arts (there's Dr. Strange's role in this cross over) to put himself in astral hibernation to rise when technology reach the point of his dream of superior rule, to create an army of super power mutants and take over. So to break the spell to physically manifest himself he needs someone to ritually kill off member of his own species.
That's just off the top of my head but they should not completely dismiss the idea, just work on a plot and wait for the right time.

With that said, I don't think Magneto would really team up with Xaiver, Mag really seems to despise him more. If the threat was great enough than yes. But in that case the x-men would likely team up with the ultimates and they would never work with Mags, un less there was absolute hell on Earth.

Thinking about it more I think Mags would team up with the X-Men and Xavier...but then, once whatever mutual enemy was defeated ('cause I mean, that's the only reason I would think of for him working with them, some stronger threat), he'd turn on them (like in the second movie) when they're weak and tired...Although the X-Men would have to be stupid not to see that coming. I mean, honestly. :?

I think Magneto would work with the X-men, but it would take a major threat to make it happen. Like if every government on Earth declared war on mutants.

No, The alliance of Ultimate Magneot and Xavier (the Brotherhood and X-Men) would be as smooth as the movie/video games/etc. However, Magneto would also have his underlying perpose to double-cross Xavier, so in the end, Mutants come out on top.

I think in a desparate situation Ultimate Magneto would team up with anyone, even Captain America. I can just imagine, something Like Dr. Doom eradicating all mutants from earth and trying to take out America as well (the double-front mistake that Hitler made). So, Ultimate Magneto could make the same desicions about the X-Men that 616 Magneto can.

Latest posts

Back