Wreck-It Ralph

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
At the D23 Expo today, we saw lots of things to get excited about, but none of them seemed to speak to the core IGN audience more than Wreck-It Ralph, an animated film due from Disney studios in November of 2012. The story of a bad guy from an 8-bit video game who dreams of the glory of being a good guy, the film takes us inside the world of video games from the point of view of the characters themselves.
In the Donkey-Kong style game, Wreck-It Ralph stands on top of a building and destroys it while Fix-It Felix (voiced by 30 Rock's Jack McBrayer) repairs the damage with his magic hammer. Ralph is just doing his job, but he tells us, "It's hard to like your job when no one seems to like you for doing it."

Each night when the arcade closes, Felix enjoys being a hero to the grateful inhabitants of the building, who thank him by bringing him pie. Ralph, meanwhile, lives in a garbage heap, or as he calls it, "a cesspit of despair on the outskirts of humanity." He seems so sad and sincere, you really have to feel for the guy.

More info here :

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/118/1189564p1.html

:D This sounds fun.

I just saw it tonight. It was a pretty fun movie. It wasn't Pixar good (even though John Lasseter was the executive producer) but it was really good. Especially of you're a gamer.

Last edited:
I think I'll be taking the kids to see this next weekend.

I took my son to a local comic convention at it was total crap, but he did get a pretty cool huge Wreck It Ralph poster. We also got 2 screening passes but it was late and in the middle of the week.

I'd take my kids except I don't have any kids and its not out in the UK yet.

We're the same you and I.

I took all 3 kids to see this Saturday and we liked it a lot! It was one of the better Disney movies I've seen the last few years. Very clever.

This movie was a great. I will be getting this on DVD when it comes out.

I saw this the day it came out here which was 1 or 2 months ago. It was so fun. I can not wait for dvd.

I have heard the term "going turbo" so much that it's lost all meaning.

And Meg cried at the Paper Plane short at the beginning. Disney needs to go back to making their animated classics like that. CGI with cel-shading mixed.

Wreck-It Ralph is one of my favorite Disney movies ever. I love the beginning how he's talking casually to the support group. It just makes me smile. It sounds so natural and real.

My 4-year old is obsessed with it and watches it every day.

The iPhone game is a blast.

Good job on this one, Disney.

Latest posts

Back