X-23 Discussion (spoilers)

Anyone else notice the cameos of Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman as their Biology and French teachers?

I'm liking it, but then again I really like Laura.

Anyone else notice the cameos of Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman as their Biology and French teachers?

I'm liking it, but then again I really like Laura.

Seriously. I'm really pissed that her new love interest in New X-men is that ***hole "Julian". Man, I hate that guy.

But yeah...I like the series so far, questionable art notwithstanding.

Seriously. I'm really pissed that her new love interest in New X-men is that ***hole "Julian". Man, I hate that guy.

But yeah...I like the series so far, questionable art notwithstanding.

Seriously...I wanna see Laura gut that little bastard like a fish. :evil:

So even though I created this thread I haven't posted anything further since issue #1....

Anyways....all caught up and I have to say that this is a really great book. Although the artist can't draw grown men for ****...their females are flawless. I like how they capture the facial expressions perfectly. You can instantly see the mood of each character without even having to read the text boxes.

I also enjoy seeing Laura struggle to adapt to a normal existence. The parts where she was in school going on about how to poison a man and how to bribe/kill cops in French was hilarious yet totally serious. Then Laura showing her extensive training by repeating what the principal said verbatim. Classic.

I am now totally intrigued as to what she's gonna do now that the trigger scent has been spilled. On one hand I'd like to say that she'd just go ahead and gut them like she did her "mother". But that wouldn't make the character that likable---and possible kill the mini. Still.....

I really hope she doesn't kill her cousin and aunt. That would really bum me out, but then again, she's not a lone solidier for nothing.

#4 was pretty hardcore and as usual---beautifully drawn.

Meg freaks out and runs upstairs to her mom while X-23 chases. Meg and her mom run into the bathroom and lock the door to hide---but Laura slices thru the door. Both Meg and mom huddle in the shower and grasp the curtain out of fear. They accidentally turn on the shower and the trigger scent is partially washed off.

Laura stops. Now this is where it could be interesting---they don't clearly define why X-23 stopped. Whether it was because the scent was washed off or if some part of here was able to tap into her and stop herself from killing someone she actually cared about. They don't say. But I'm sure it's because the scent was washed off.

What happens next is pure awesome...

Remember that scene in X2 where Logan takes out all of Stryker's soldiers? Yeah....this issue is that scene. Only with teenage boobs.

X-23 takes them all out. She is suddenly stopped when Kimura sneaks up behind her and seemingly snaps her neck. This marks the end of the issue.

Now during the introduction of Kimura---we get a voiceover from Cap stating that X-23 has mentioned Kimura before. Cap wants to know who she is. X-23 explains that Kimura is her "handler". At the end of every mission---Kimura shows up and beats X-23 as punishment.

Anyways....a really solid issue. I'm really enjoying this mini. You'd think a story about a Wolverine clone would be boring and suck. Yet this is far from suck.

3/5

Decent issue. I'm getting kind of tired of Kimura. She was designed to counter X-23? If she was so bad ***, why weren't they sending her on missions. I haven't read the most recent issues of New X-Men, so I might be short sighted.

#6 was the best issue.

I loved her first meeting with Wolverine.

Their fight was one of the best things I've seen in comics. I think it's mainly because of the beautiful art.

The dirt trick was genius!

All in all...a decent end to pretty good mini. Definitely worth a read in TPB for all you other folks who didn't read this.

All in all...a decent end to pretty good mini. Definitely worth a read in TPB for all you other folks who didn't read this.
I have to agree on this, but I would also recommend those who are going to pick up this one to pick up the first X-23 mini, if they haven't, since this is basically part 2 in her saga and part 1 explains much of what happens in this mini.

Latest posts

Back