X-3: Your Way!

compound

Regardless of who has been cast so far, how would you like the story of X-Men 3 to play out?

You can let your imagination run wild, if you want, but it helps to consider things like budget contraints, previous events, and what qualities make the film accessible and 'marketable'.

Last edited:
I would just remake Grant Morrison's New X-Men. :D

I'd like a sentinel/pheonix storyline.

Jean comes back as Dark Phoenix and raises hell. The Government has no choice but to initiate The Sentinels so that the anti-mutant government plot would come to a close. Introduce Emma and Scott relationship. A possible Xavier death. Magneto/Brotherhood joining the X-Men to defeat the Sentinels.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Jean comes back as Dark Phoenix and raises hell. The Government has no choice but to initiate The Sentinels so that the anti-mutant government plot would come to a close.
That's good.

Introduce Emma and Scott relationship. A possible Xavier death.
That's bad.

Magneto/Brotherhood joining the X-Men to defeat the Sentinels.
That's good.

Jean comes back from the dead, decides Scott is too boring, and leaves him for Emma Frost...

Oh yeah, and introduce Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver somehow when Magneto inevitably shows up again.

I'll type up a plot soon...

Doc Comic said:
TheManWithoutFear said:
]Jean comes back as Dark Phoenix and raises hell. The Government has no choice but to initiate The Sentinels so that the anti-mutant government plot would come to a close.

That's good.

Introduce Emma and Scott relationship. A possible Xavier death.

That's bad.

Magneto/Brotherhood joining the X-Men to defeat the Sentinels.

That's good.

I couldn't agree more.

* A Brotherhood terrorist cell makes a bold daylight raid on the corporate headquarters of a technology company that is allegedly funding prominent anti-mutant groups. A team of X-Men show up to defeat them, in a high-impact fight sequence. The X-Men are very strategic and tactical, under Cyclops' leadership. Some assist in evacuating human bystanders. Others handle crowd control, while the rest fight the Brotherhood members (Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and the Blob). The good guys prevail, with some collateral damage.

* Reporter Trish Tilby arrives at the scene, explaining to the viewers at home that "these uncanny X-Men have once again kept the fragile balance between humans and mutants in tact". She interviews Storm, who says that she has fatih in the legal system to deal with the villains appropriately -- the X-Men's role was merely to see that they were brought to justice. And with that, the group flies off in an X-jet, very dramatically, in public view.

* In a TV studio, Oprah (or an analog) interviews Professor Xavier, regarding his decision to go public about the role of his School, and the X-Men, nearly two years ago. He says that the death of Jean Grey -- his very first student -- made him realize that nobody should ever die anonymously, for his Dream of human-mutuant harmony. Time to end the secrecy and ignorance. Mutants are here to stay, so the world must learn to deal with that reality.

* During a White House press briefing, Dr. Hank McCoy (in human form) -- the Secretary for Mutant Affairs -- fields journalists' questions: Has the X-Men's public status resulted in bolder actions by a growing number of Brotherhood terrorist cells? And have they learned anything more about the whereabouts of Magneto?

* When he's done, McCoy retreats into his office, and promptly transforms into his more comfortable, blue-furred form, to relax and unwind. The President steps in. McCoy motions like he's about to transform again, but the Chief Executive tells him not to worry. His advisers have reached a solution to Xavier's challenge...

* Several hours later, the captured Brotherhood members arrive at Rikers. Quicksliver is being carried because his legs are cuffed together. Wanda is in manacles, and Blob is being carted around on a secure moving device. After passing the cells holding the old Brotherhood members, Blob reveals 'himself' to be Mystique in disguise. Wanda fires a hex bolt, in spite of her hand-restraints. It's breakout time. Somewhat violent. Toad and Forge are freed, among other cameos.

* In the Danger Room, Cyclops and Wolverine nearly hurt each other during training, as they discuss the lingering psychological after-effects of Jean's death. Cyke blames himself. Wolvie thinks he's being a ***** for not moving on. Storm interrupts their fight, looking distraught. Better put aside their macho differences -- the Professor wants to meet with them urgently.

* At the pool in the Mansion, Iceman has frozen the water, to teach Rogue how to ice-skate. Throwaway dialog to remind people about Rogue's no-touch limitations, and Jean's sacrifice, in the icy waters of Alkali Lake. Iceman quotes Kurt Cobain's "better to burn out than fade away" line. Kitty Pryde arrives in swimwear. Grossed out by their display of affection, she phases into the ground, back to her room.

* Kitty complains to her room-mate Jubilee about "frosty and frigid" (credit: B. K. Vaughn). Jubes tells her to relax -- field trip to Coney Island later that night! Oh joy, says Kitty sarcastically.

* Colossus is touring new recruit Warren Worthington III around the mansion, explaining how Warren's dad made generous donations to the School, prior to sending him here. This includes the new Danger Room, a virtual reality training center. Angel is sullen, moody, and unreceptive -- figures that his Dad would spare no expense to keep him from public view. He questions Xavier's Dream -- if he supports integration, then why practice "genetic apartheid" with an all-mutant school. It's no better than a segregated blacks-only college, or Harvey Milk, the school exclusively for gay students. (Colossus seems distraught by this idea.) Warren keeps up his cynicism: "Did you need an Angel to fulfil your Biblical quota cuz that blue demon guy left, after Xavier went public?" Before he can respond, Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine emerge from the Danger Room, visibly upset with each other. "Peace and love, brother", Angel sniggers.

* In Xavier's 'mission room', the Professor announces the bad news: the Government is severing ties from them. They have a new, more PR-friendly set of mutants to focus on. And Cyclops will be particularly upset about who is leading them...

* Alex Summers -- Cyclops' brother -- mugs for the camera. He is young, cocky, more Johnny Storm-like, waving to fans AND protestors alike, from a hotel balcony. He adores the attention. His 'handler', Emma Frost (Portia de Rossi, Arrested Development), tells him that it's quite enough -- he has other people's needs to attend to (implying that she's sleeping with him too). McCoy, in his bestial form, interrupts, asking Frost and Alex to meet with the other new recruits, stat.

* The Vice-President (Jude Siconella, 24) meets with Bolivar Trask at an "undisclosed location", expressing disappointment with their inability to sway the President away from his pro-mutant stance. Trask explains the Sentinel Project (20-foot robots with technology capable of tracking mutant genes). He shows the Veep a warehouse with four fully-functional Sentinel prototypes. The Vice-President grins in approval.

* At Coney Island, Colossus fails to win a test of strength; he declares the game rigged. Jubilee hits on Colossus, but he seems very disinterested. She remarks that he's the only male student who hasn't attempted to hit on her, since she started growing boobs. Frustrated, Colossus ignores her advances.

* Elsewhere in the amusement park, Rogue is taking forever in the bathroom. Kitty confronts Iceman about how he can have a 'real' relationship with Rogue, if they can't be initimate. Iceman argues physical interaction is not necessary. Kitty begs to disagree; kisses Iceman to give him an idea of what he's missing. Sure enough, Rogue emerges from the bathroom, sees the kiss, punches out Kitty.

* At this point, Pyro emerges from a hiding place nearby; initiates a brief fight with Iceman; offers Rogue a second chance to join the Brotherhood. She hastily accepts. They leave in a helicopter being piloted by Mystique.

* In the Brotherhood's hideout, Magneto welcomes Rogue. He gives her the same spiel that he gave to Polaris in the jail-cell in "Magnetic North", generally presenting himself as a more charismatic and sensible leader, advocating extreme means. He then proves that he's still a complete nutjob, by showing her a machine that Forge is building, capable of amplifying Mags' power a thousand fold. (Toad and Forge have the "ruler of Canada" conversation from "Return of the King", for comic relief.)

* Several days later, the X-men (teachers and students alike) attend the formal introduction of the Government's mutant team, in Washington. Cyclops is mopey and emo. Wolverine is snitty; believes they ought to be out hunting the Brotherhood, not making nice with the President. Wolvie is personally upset about the defection of Rogue -- "the closest thing I've ever had to a real sister". Storm is genuinely sympathetic.

* The Brotherhood interrupts the ceremony. The Sentinels are mobilized to restore order. Big cluster**** fight. Magneto manipulates the Sentinels and publicly humiliates the President (similar to conclusion of "Tomorrow People"). Cyclops instructs the Juniors to back off from the fight. They happily defy his orders. Jubilee ends up getting crushed by a Sentinel. Kitty phases through it, disrupting its circuitry. Iceman maxxes out his powers, "Ultimate War" style. In the end, the more experienced X-Men win a phyrric victory, and Magneto is seemingly killed.

* EPILOGUE 1: Canadian military reports of weird happenings at Alkali lake: odd electromagnetic frequencies, signal jams, etc.

* EPILOGUE 2: In a fancy Mason-esque members' club, two older gentlemen -- "Brother Shaw" and "Brother Worthington" -- have a discussion about the decline of society, and the approaching Next Great Age. Social evolution. Redemption by fire. It happens periodically throughout history. Civilization rising, Phoenix-like, from the ashes. "Sister Frost" couldn't agree more.

* EPILOGUE 3: Charles Xavier approaches a familiar-looking man, feeding birds in Central Park...

Last edited:
compound said:
I'll be looking forward to it!

Holy crap. Yours rocks. Mine was basically the Hellfire Club resurrecting Jean as the Phoenix, who goes out of control. Magneto recruits the Hellfire Club to his Brotherhood, and they attempt to gain the Phoenix powers for themselves. The X-Men fight the Phoenix, and manage to return Jean to her normal form. Brotherhood attack, X-Men win, all is happy.

It was good, but you had too much UXM and it just doesn't seems right for the movie, and you have way too much going on. But a lot of things fit pretty well Professor X's mentioning the X-men coming out in public was good. just that I hate the Beast transforming thing, that bypasses the best problem beasrt has his IS a beast and there's nothing he can do about but life a good life.

The ideas were ok.......but it didn't feel like it's own movie.

It felt like several issues from UXM just acted out. I do like the Portia de Rossi casting for Emma though. Damn near perfect.

Victor Von Doom said:
It felt like several issues from UXM just acted out.
Yeah, I admit, it feels a bit like a jumbled mess of plot elements.

Thing is, I definitely wanted to introduce the Sentinels, but it was impossible NOT to get the Brotherhood involved somehow, since they've been established as the key antagonists of the franchise.

As a matter of personal prefense, I also felt the need to make the X-Men go public, so it made sense to incorporate the plot structure of "New Mutants", with hints of "Tomorrow People" (since that one featured an X-Men/Brotherhood/Sentinels three-way battle).

I made sure there was always mention of Jean's death, simmering in the background, whenever possible, building up to a further Phoenix tease, towards the end of the treatment.

Then, in order to make sure I had the necessary thematic exploration and character development, I grafted on a ****load of Vaughn stuff, and messed around with the roles, to accomodate a more 'believable' or 'sell-able' movie team roster.

I guess the final result was a bit of a mess. I have no doubt it can all be fit into 2-2 1/2 hours -- it more of a question of whether there's enough time being given to each individual plot element.

compound said:
I made sure there was always mention of Jean's death, simmering in the background, whenever possible, building up to a further Phoenix tease, towards the end of the treatment.

Well see you set it 2 years later, why would they still talk about so much.

Random said:
Well see you set it 2 years later, why would they still talk about so much.
Spider-Man 2 took place 2 years after the first movie, and Peter was still completely hung up over Mary Jane and Mary Jane over him even though he wa the one who cut off their developing relationship. And they spend the entire movie half-talking about it with their wistful eyes and longing glances at each other.

I think after one of the mutant school's teachers sacrifices her life to move an entire plane full of faculty and students (including one true love, one father figure and one mild crush) who were emotionally attached to her, so I'd think they'd STILL talk about it two years later.

Latest posts

Back