X-Men 3: The Official Game discussion (Spoilers).

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Anyone else pick this up?

I got today, and there are some things I like and hate so far, and Im not far into the game (I went to mall, but had to go to work straight after). Anyways, what I like is how they have the powers and use of the characters. I love that you can have Wolverines claws come out and retract at your command. I don't know why, but I just love that. And the use of Iceman's powers and Nightcrawler's is great as well. The ice-slide for Iceman is easy and fun to use. Nightcrawler teleporting and fighting skills is awesome.

What I hate is one thing, the "cinematics". The movie cute scenes are stupid. They just have it like paper characters moving slowly and what not. That's just lame. And Colossus doesn't even sound Russian. Basically he just sounds like he English is his first language.

Shawn Ashmore, Hugh Jackman, Alan Cumming, and Patrick Stewart are the only actors to reprise their roles for the voice overs. Everyone else is different. The woman who plays Storm sounds better than Halle, though there still isn't any African accent.

But so far playing the game has been pretty good. Let's see what happens from here on out.

i will get it after I see movie. I made the mistake of getting game first with episode III of star wars and some stuff was spoilt for me :(

Is this a free roam game like Spider-man 2?

sjmole said:
i will get it after I see movie. I made the mistake of getting game first with episode III of star wars and some stuff was spoilt for me :(

Is this a free roam game like Spider-man 2?
Why would you get it afterwards? It ties X2 and X3, its not like say the Spider-Man games being like the movies.

And it's not free-roam.

Ice said:
Why would you get it afterwards? It ties X2 and X3, its not like say the Spider-Man games being like the movies.

And it's not free-roam.

Oh I thought it was just set during the 3rd movie. cool bro thanks for the info.

p.s We need a free roam X-men game like Spider-man 2 crossed with Hulk ultimate destrution where Sentinels come after you like hulk busters did.

i have it. its awful. i got to the mission where colossus has to smash some generators and it glitched so he just constantly walked into a wall. this pissed me off so i turned off the ps2 and havent bothered having another crack at it.
controlling nightcrawler is cool

To be quite honest....I'm playing X2 right now and I forgot how bad it was. So if X3 is anything like X2...I'll pass.

you mean wolverines revenge? that game was pretty good compared to this thing. and like ice said those cutscenes are just awful. i thought they were hilarious at first but now ugh.

Victor Von Doom said:
To be quite honest....I'm playing X2 right now and I forgot how bad it was. So if X3 is anything like X2...I'll pass.
X2?

As in X2: Wolverine's Revenge? As in the game that isn't actually connected to the movie?

And you need to try X3. Again, moves are great.

Ice said:
X2?

As in X2: Wolverine's Revenge? As in the game that isn't actually connected to the movie?

And you need to try X3. Again, moves are great.

Yeah. That X2.

Either way....I'll maybe rent it first before I committ to anything. My current video game obsession now is Way of the Samurai 2. But thats for another thread....

So I rented the game last night.....not impressed.

Nightcrawler and Iceman's parts are just slightly above ok. But Wolverine's parts are just boring.

So not worth my money.

I quite liked X2: Wolverines Revenge. I rented it twice and then bought it used a little later for about $10.

I might give this a rent this week when I really get into X-mode to gear up for Friday night.

And Ice, I totally agree. Being able to pop your claws whenever you want is such a great feature.

Seeing as this ties in to the movie, any chance someone could PM me a summary of the story, etc?

Victor Von Doom said:
So I rented the game last night.....not impressed.

Nightcrawler and Iceman's parts are just slightly above ok. But Wolverine's parts are just boring.

So not worth my money.

That's because much like the movie, the game was forced into production. And while we're expecting a good story behind the game, what you get is a choppy storyline to introduce "bosses" at every turn.

All I want to know is what happened to Nightcrawler.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's because much like the movie, the game was forced into production. And while we're expecting a good story behind the game, what you get is a choppy storyline to introduce "bosses" at every turn.

All I want to know is what happened to Nightcrawler.
I wasn't expecting a good story, just good gameplay, which is what I got. Story was ok.

I thought the fighting was pretty good. The only problem I had with it was Nightcrawler's reason for leaving. They hiped it as a big thing and all that happened was him saying "I don't like violence, sorry." Bosses included: Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Mastermold (Sentinels), Silver Samurai, Multiple Man, Pyro, and Mastermind (Jason Stryker)

I wish the Sentinels had a big part in the movie

Latest posts

Back