X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

also i do personally consider the rogue cut to be canon, what was the story in apocalypse that contradicted it? was there any?
I thought I read somewhere it had something to do with Mystique. Can't seem to find it again.
EDIT: I must be having some weird Mandala effect because I'm reading about the differences between cuts and nothing in it conflicts with Apocalypse.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere it had something to do with Mystique. Can't seem to find it again.
EDIT: I must be having some weird Mandala effect because I'm reading about the differences between cuts and nothing in it conflicts with Apocalypse.
In Apocalypse Mystique says something about not having been to the X-Mansion since First Class, but in the Rouge Cut she was. For me, a nonsense that can be ignored and considered the Rouge Cut the Canonical version

the wikias list it as canon to the same universe as the regular cut, it's just deadpool telling the story of it in a christmas setting to Fred Savage

In Apocalypse Mystique says something about not having been to the X-Mansion since First Class, but in the Rouge Cut she was. For me, a nonsense that can be ignored and considered the Rouge Cut the Canonical version
yes but also at the end of days of future past mystique posing as stryker recovers logan from the water but then in apocalypse the actual stryker has logan anyway?? if this is overlooked then im personally willing to let that slide as well lol

I don't think I can ignore that. Thank you for the reminder that the Rogue Cut isn't canon. :)

"But wait SM, what about when Charles Xavier said him and Magneto built Cerebro togeth-"
Wrong. Charles thought that, but as Logan has shown to us, his mind was on a cognitive decline by the 21st century. He easily could have misremembered. Mystique doesn't have that excuse.

Last edited:
yes but also at the end of days of future past mystique posing as stryker recovers logan from the water but then in apocalypse the actual stryker has logan anyway?? if this is overlooked then im personally willing to let that slide as well lol
I think the writers explained that he was just "handed over" to the government and Mystique ditched that Stryker persona after the fact.

So basically trading her freedom for Wolverine's. Selfishness? Preserving the timeline? You be the judge! :p
Either way, the real Stryker sees this as a win in the end. He gets his own unkillable mutant guinea pig.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is exactly my thought

I don't think I can ignore that. Thank you for the reminder that the Rogue Cut isn't canon. :)

"But wait SM, what about when Charles Xavier said him and Magneto built Cerebro togeth-"
Wrong. Charles thought that, but as Logan has shown to us, his mind was on a cognitive decline by the 21st century. He easily could have misremembered. Mystique doesn't have that excuse.
Well, no. It's heavily implied that they're referring to First Class, but it also works well if they're referring to the Rouge Cut

I think the Snyder thing is a whole different situation. Zack Snyder said it wasn't canon, which was true at the time because it hadn't released. Warner Bros told him it wasn't, but clearly it is, since The Flash references it on three separate occasions.

I would prefer The Rogue Cut as canon, by the way. It's my head-canon I guess, but I can't really argue with the direct statement.
agreed, it seems weird to specifically include this one extended cut when several other movies in the franchise have them and include bigger plot contradictions while still being considered canon, but an official statement is official…

Guys, we also need to take context into account. Singer, like the others, took into consideration the theatrical cut because it was the one that was seen the most. Not expecting people to go and buy an extended version, they made this choice. But as we can see, there are no real contradictions, so I would say we can insert both as the viewer likes.

Then I repeat, if they had intended to do things to contradict her, I now see it as difficult and Singer is no longer in a position to argue

I think I did do a timeline for The Rogue Cut somewhere on this thread actually, but I still don't like ignoring direct statements. It definitely depends on a lot of things regarding what extended cuts would be considered non-canon. Canon until contradicted or stated otherwise, generally. The Rogue Cut was stated otherwise quite specifically.

As far as Cerebro, at the end of Apocalypse, Erik helps Charles rebuild Cerebro. I assume that something similar happened in the original timeline.

Latest posts

Back