X-Men: Destiny

I like that they are putting in the hands of the gamer. To have this game work, with the moral choices, you need to have a no name character so you're not making Cyclop's decisions or Magneto's decisions. Rather than play a character through the game, this gives the gamer a lot more elbow room.

You guys haven't even watched any test footage, so I'd hold off on the "playing as a real X-Man" thing. You don't have to play as Cyclops or Wolverine to do that because as the creators are trying to do, you will get that same feeling, just with a new character. The only difference being is that you'll be in control of helping develop a new X-Man (Or villain it will seem).

You guys haven't even watched any test footage, so I'd hold off on the "playing as a real X-Man" thing. You don't have to play as Cyclops or Wolverine to do that because as the creators are trying to do, you will get that same feeling, just with a new character. The only difference being is that you'll be in control of helping develop a new X-Man (Or villain it will seem).

I'm not making any indictment against the ultimate project. I'm just stating my gut reaction to the information we have at hand. The appeal of an X-Men game to me is playing as the X-Men, not as some random cipher. That's not to say the game won't be good or I won't enjoy it. A tactical RPG like Dragon Age where you can establish commands for a squad of characters could be a real blast. I just hope they appeal to fan service. :D

I'm not making any indictment against the ultimate project. I'm just stating my gut reaction to the information we have at hand. The appeal of an X-Men game to me is playing as the X-Men, not as some random cipher. That's not to say the game won't be good or I won't enjoy it. A tactical RPG like Dragon Age where you can establish commands for a squad of characters could be a real blast. I just hope they appeal to fan service. :D
But we already know this won't be any "typical" X-Men game or anything. It's more of a game set in the X-Men Universe, to say the least. It's two different things when you think about it.

I'm personally really excited about playing a no-name character within the X-Men Universe. What better universe to have a moral-based game set in. If all goes as expected, this game should be on par with the X-Men Legends games.

Heh, that was my reaction, then I saw Noriko (Surge) and Quicksilver.

and Nightcrawler!

screen-shot-2011-01-17-at-3.20.29-pm.jpg

*snicker*

Another trailer...pretty much the same as the previous one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e6MHGqqFFs

But for something much more interesting (if you can ignore some stupid commentary at points) is a E3 demo, which gives much more details. You pick from three new characters, each with a unique backstory and power. San Francisco becomes a disaster area, with X-Men, Brotherhood and anti-mutant bigots fighting for control. You can use powers from other characters and you don't have to choose to join with X-Men or Brotherhood until the ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mdmCjeUb4Y

Got this today. Been playing it. I really like it so i thought I'd give it my own mini review/thoughts.

Graphics

Honestly, I like them. I keep seeing reviews for the game complaining about the graphics but I like them. No it's not breath taking or innovative but its far from horrible. It suits the game to be honest as I find them a little comic book like but not as much as say "ultimate spider-man" but enough that it's cool.

Gameplay

Again I like it. However it is repetitive. The repetitiveness however is not a problem as they add enough choices and dialogue options to keep it fresh. Also getting new powers , new genes and more is fun and it has a good level up system.

Also i like how specific my character's dialogue is to what his origin was. This was done very well I feel and adds to the over-all game.

I'd give the game a 8 / 10

Latest posts

Back