X-Men Fairy Tales

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I read issue one and I loved it. The characters were great and the art was amazing. I loved how they intergrated X-men into this classic fairy tale.

A-

ProjectX2 said:
What's it about?

It takes classic Japanese fairy tales...and retells them using X-Men characters.

IGN Comics said:
Fairy Tales is a mixed bag only because you need to appreciate the story it is adapting to really have a good time. If you are unfamiliar with Momotaro, a classic Japanese tale, then you are probably going to wonder what C.B. Cebulski is smoking. If you do know the story, or have even read it, then you will enjoy the adaptation/homage and notice how effortlessly Cebulski and Takeda merged a tale of the X-Men with the Peach Boy. Having read Momotaro, I loved this story. It's a lot of fun noting the similarities and differences, and Takeda's art and color palette are beautiful. Fans of both realms, Japanese folklore and the X-Men, will have a blast, but in a sense this title is designed for a very specific audience. Most others are not going to understand the significance.

It's actually very good. Basically...its the new Marvel Zombies. You'll either love 'em.......or you'll hate 'em.

IGN has a preview up for #2...

X-Men Fairy Tales #2

IGN Comics said:
The first issue of X-Men: Fairy Tales, the series combining mutants and cultural myths and legends, has sold out at Diamond.

"Once upon a time, when I had the original idea of doing X-Men Fairy Tales, I never would have imagined it would have been this well received," says writer C.B. Cebulski. "Waking up to news of a sell out just makes my day. My heartfelt thanks go out to all the fans and retailers, as well as the fine folks at Marvel, who took a chance on this book and helped make X-Men: Fairy Tales the success that it is. It's good to see this story ends happily ever after."

Cebulski also hinted at possible stories in the future. "It's great to see that the combination of these timeless international fairy tales and classic Marvel stories are being embraced by readers of all ages. Who knows? Maybe the Avengers are next in line for a series of storybook retellings!"

The next issue, X-Men: Fairy Tales #2, features an X-Men re-envisioning of the ancient African tale "The Friendship of the Tortoise and the Eagle." The tragic origin of Professor Xavier and Magneto is shown anew in this innovative take on a classic tale.

X-Men: Fairy Tales #2 is sure to be just as successful as the first issue thanks to illustrations by none-other-than Eisner Award-winning comics legend Kyle Baker. And you have to pick it up to see Xavier and Magneto as you have never seen them before: as a tortoise and an eagle.

Marvel currently has no plans of going back to press on X-Men: Fairy Tales #1. Copies may still be available at the retailer level.

im sorry but this series is plain horriable to me :-( i feel like marvel is trying ot make a quick buck

magneto a eagle ??????!

A chick at my comic book shop tried to convince me to buy this issue. I held out. I'm thinking about now.

Last edited:
I'm the only one at my shop here that reads it. The guy won't even order it because just ordering one copy isn't worth it.

Midtown here I come...

I really liked this series. I really enjoyed Issue 3 and 4. All in all this series was very creative.

Latest posts

Back