X-Men Forever (series)

Grocer Man

Anyone checked this out?

It's an ongoing by Chris Claremont, picking up his legendary run on X-Men where he left off and ignoring everything else since then.

It's very good. Much more simple then the ludicrously complex stuff in 616 right now, and it's the most likeable and readable I've seen the X-Men in a long time.

Also, any series that has the guts to kill of Wolverine so early definately has my respect.

It kind of depends how much you like the current take on X-Men in 616 and how much you like Claremont.

My only response to this is that I started reading British reprints of X-Men comics in 2001 (which were two or three years behind) and for the most part, I found them to be wordy, boring and too focused on aliens and space opera, when all I wanted was stories that were more like the X-Men movies and the vague memories I had of the cartoon.

Is X-Men Forever accessible, at least?

My only response to this is that I started reading British reprints of X-Men comics in 2001 (which were two or three years behind) and for the most part, I found them to be wordy, boring and too focused on aliens and space opera, when all I wanted was stories that were more like the X-Men movies and the vague memories I had of the cartoon.

Is X-Men Forever accessible, at least?

I think so. It starts right after the end of his run in the early nineties, but does a good job getting the reader up to speed with those events. And there's no space opera, the plot is focused on dealing with the consequences of Magneto's death and the rise of anti-mutant sentiment. There's no aliens but Lockheed.

As for wordiness...this is Claremont. I kind of doubt he can write an un-wordy story. It didn't really affect my enjoyment of it, though.

It's extremely accessible and a lot like the 90s cartoon series, which was based on Claremont's run which is continuing in X-Men Forever.

Latest posts

Back